Used 1992 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

ILuvMyHondaAccord
By Frankie

1992 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

It was love at first sight! I just couldn't resist the timeless, elegant styling plus, everyones knows the repretation a Honda Accord has. I knew I spotted a winner and had to get this car before someone else did. This is my second Honda and both I bought used. My 1987 Civic served me well for 14 years,(1990-2004) however I wanted to move up to an Accord. I remember the test drive like it was yesterday. The ride was tight and smooth like a brand new car and the interior looked new clean and in excellent condition. I could tell who ever owned this car kept it in great shape. I wasn't concerned about buying a used Honda 10 model years old because I know Hondas are built to last!

Room! The rear seats unlock for extra space and is easy to use. The sunroof is great epecially in the summer!

I wish the wheel lug-nut covers had locks to prevent theft. I've already had 4 taken off my car, they come off so easily. I have rust on the rear wheel base on both sides. The rear seat release is great, however the openning is restrictive.

92 Honda Accord
By chdoctor

1992 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

No matter how many times we think we're going to replace this thing, it just doesn't make sense to do so. Pre- dating our first child by three years, it will probably be the one she learns to drive. It runs great, and any repairs are predictable and occasional. Great highway car and great for tooling up, down, and all around hilly roads. Excellent handling on curves. Will probably replace our old Accord someday with a newer Accord.

Heavy (city) use of any clutch will wear down faster. This Accord's no exception.

Honda EX 1992
By EXBOY

1992 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I have been driving this 1992 EX Sedan since I got it right off the truck with 4 miles on it. The car still runs like a brand new Honda.

Durability of original Honda parts.

Trim on windows and body rust right above rear wheels.

My First Honda is 13 Years Old already!
By Rose

1992 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I decided to purchase a Honda Accord used recently. It was the best decision I made in a car ever. The interior looks great. The maintenance on the car by the previous owners has lead me to believe that anyone who owns a Honda has a deep respect for it. It's a great car whether it's 13 years old or 13 minutes old.

Sunroof.

None it's a 1992. It's like a fine wine.

great car, but getting old...
By 92 Honda EX

1992 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

I have really enjoyed owning this car. I have the 5spd and it has been very fun to drive. Despite not being a sports car, it has a sporty appearence with the 2drs, spoiler and sun roof. The car has however not been without problems. Since I bought it, I have had problems starting it in hot, humid weather. At 180,000 miles the oil pan seal wore and needed to be replaced, at 190,000 miles the head was found to be cracked and the car would not start. This is a very expensive problem to have fixed. Currently, it seems that the fuel pump is about to go. Despite the problems I have had, I would not hesitate to recommend the same car to someone else.

sunroof, spoiler, 5spd transmission (one of the best around), good stock stereo, comfortable on long drives

cup holders are not very big and are in a dumb location, the sunroof controls are not well placed