1992 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
car in good working condition
By barbara di pinto on 06/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

this car is in good working condition and has only been serviced by the dealer

Good experience with my first Honda.
By RedGeminiPA on 06/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I was looking for a reliable, fun-to- drive, inexpensive car that would still give me some luxary. I've had many expensive brand cars (BMW, Cadillac, Aurora, Lincoln) that had me spoiled by comfort and convenience features, but lacked something that's very important right now -- ECONOMY. I just purchased this car on 6-19-03 from a local used car dealer. My Accord has 149,000 miles that were driven by the original owners. For the age and miles, I'd have to say this is probably the best car I've had overall. It's comfortable, fun to drive and gets excellent gas mileage. Why is this my first Accord???

honda accord EX sedan
By ffchopin on 06/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

The automatic transmission seems to be the biggest worry in this accord. When the accords, I owned three of them, get above 100K, the transmission shifts abruptly and sometimes there is slippage before it pops into gear, especially in the first two gears. The is also vibrations in the steering wheel when car is stopped, but in gear.

Nice Car
By mtn_man on 05/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

My 3rd accord - out of order first came 89' lxi coupe, second came the 00' lx sedan and now my favorite - 92 ex sedan. I guess they just don't make things the way they used to. Bought it with 91k miles and did minimal preventative maintanance to ensure another 100k of trouble free miles.

great car, but I'm selling mine!
By rebaaron on 05/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I've had this car since '97 and it's coming up on 174K miles. The first 130K were great and then repairs started happening (as I would expect) - and they're expensive! The car developed 4 major oil leaks, the brakes needed replacing which is expensive on these (4-wheel disks and press-on rotors), and last week I had a suspension spring break which evidently is common. This is my second Accord ('86 which lasted 190K) and it's a great car - but time to move on!

lovemyhonda
By sportygal on 05/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

I buoght my 1992 honda accord after I was rear-ended in 1999 and my civic was totaled. I got hosed by the dealer, but I made up for it with very little money invested into it through the years. At the time I was single and loved the sporty look of it. Now I have two kids in car seats and have to trade it in. (It's not good for car seats!) I would like another accord, but will probably opt for a civic again.(can't afford diapers AND a four door Accord)

The Best Honda Ever
By WiseOwl on 04/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

This car will go down in history as a legend. It has performed flawless throughout the 250,000 miles I've driven it.

Good bang for the buck
By kerri on 04/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I bought a used accord and it is still going strong with no major problems

love it
By ester on 03/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

best car I ever owned.I never plan to sell it,will keep it till I die!

A great all around car
By jusa on 03/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

3/17/03 - submitted We acquired our 1992 Honda Accord LX for 7K $ with 83K mi. in clean condition about 6 years ago. We have spent about 3K $ on service and repairs for it the current mileage is 156K mi. The Accord has proven to be a very pleasant car to ride in. Most of our driving has been around town and short trips. As a result of our good experience with our Accord, we plan to buy another. We hope that Honda is listening.