1992 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Good bang for the buck
By kerri on 04/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I bought a used accord and it is still going strong with no major problems

love it
By ester on 03/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

best car I ever owned.I never plan to sell it,will keep it till I die!

A great all around car
By jusa on 03/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

3/17/03 - submitted We acquired our 1992 Honda Accord LX for 7K $ with 83K mi. in clean condition about 6 years ago. We have spent about 3K $ on service and repairs for it the current mileage is 156K mi. The Accord has proven to be a very pleasant car to ride in. Most of our driving has been around town and short trips. As a result of our good experience with our Accord, we plan to buy another. We hope that Honda is listening.

Great Long-Term Car
By satisfiedw/it on 03/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I bought my '92, EX Accord in '96 with 60,000 miles on it and am still driving it today. I'm now at 145,000 miles and plan on taking it to around 200,000. All I've had to do is standard maintenance along the way. Incredibly reliable car. I'm very, very satisfied. I'll have a hard time replacing it one day.

Nice car
By rcgus on 02/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I purchased this vehicle used. I have put 42k on it in 3 years. Its a great reliable car. Only problems have been a cracked distributor, wiper switch is going bad, and the cloth cover over a speaker if falling off. But the car still looks new and drives great. I run this baby until the tire fall off ! 150k plus I'm counting on

Expensive Maintenance
By T................... on 02/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Front brakes have to be done by a mechanic for an extra 125. Total 315 for two hours work. 125 in parts at a store. Timing belt change costs 700! Why is the oil filter is on back of engine block? What a pain. Battery has to be removed to replace right head lights. Again, what a pain. Spark plugs are deeply recessed. Maybe too deeply since my gaskets were replaced by a Honda dealer and oil still leaks, filling the plug holes. Original distributor, radio, and exhaust long since gave up the ghost. Forcing the car into fifth, I broke the syncromesh gear. Now I have to double- clutch fifth and cause excessive wear to the clutch.

Make sure you use genuine Honda parts
By Norm1965 on 02/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Great car. Bought it used. The prior owner took the car to a national chain muffler repair shop for his repairs. After-market parts are NOT the same as genuine Honda parts! After some breakdowns and lots of cash to diagnose an ignition problem, we found a universal after-market O2 sensor was the cause. Unless it's tires or brake pads, use only Honda parts. Trust me!

Most Reliable Car
By BOOM! on 01/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Honda Accord Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

This is the car I use to get around. My car has only had one problem, and thats caused by me. The car has 200,000 miles on it and still is running. I have run this car into the ground and its 4 cylinder engine continues to run well. As for performance, I have the base model DX with manual transmission, and I have to say it accelrates like you wouldn't believe. The car is so light that it accelerates, I'd say equivelent to a Porsche Carrera.

A great car for its age. Great deal!
By chadfog on 01/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

This car is exellent. It has had hardly any problems, although the emissions sensor seems to have trouble. Also, for such a reliable car, the cup holders are troublesome as they do not stay in. It is peppy and fun to drive. It is also more attractive than other cars of its day.

Honda Accord: Great Car!
By AZ-guy on 01/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

We bought a '92 Honda Accord LX 4-door sedan in '95 as the care came off a 3- year lease from a private party. We have been very happy with the reliability and low operating costs of this vehicle. Now that the Accord has 108,000 miles on it, we are just as happy with it as when we bought it.