Used 1992 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews - 86 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Great Car
By Marilyn

1992 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I like the car a lot, it's easy to drive and has worked almost perfectly for all 14 years I have had it.

It has great pick-up.

Exterior physical look can be improved.

Been a GREAT car so far!
By of1accord

1992 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

This car has been a fabulous car from the day we got it! Honestly, this car has not given us one minute of trouble. We are a family of four (2 elementary age children) and it serves us well. Highway fuel mileage could be a bit better than the ~28 - 29 mpg but hey we do not have any car payments and repair costs have thus far been nill. If you are looking for one very dependable car and you find one of these that does not have any rust and the interior is nice, I'd say go for it even tho it might have 150 - 200K miles on it! If you are mechanically inclined (like me) they aren't that hard to work on either. Just do routine maintenance (i.e. oil changes) and it will treat you good!

Low and wide stance. Smooth running engine.

Can't think of any that would apply as most have been addressed in the newer models

I couldn't ask for a better first car!!!
By Krys Wilson

1992 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

When I was told that my first car was going to be a '92 Honda Accord, I wasn't thrilled at all. I didn't really know much about Hondas. Now, I wouldn't trade my Honda for the world especially with the price of gas, my Honda is very fuel efficient, it's not too big or too small. I have only had one major problem, I needed a transmission. I wasn't able to get one right away but my Honda still drove like a dream, just had to shift the gears myself. I have had sooo many offers to sell my Honda but I would never even if I buy a newer car. To say my Honda is 14 years old, I have less problems than any of my friends that have newer cars. Bottom line Honda has a customer for life. Honda Forever!

Accord LX
By butterfly

1992 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I have had this Accord since it had 28480 miles on it. It has now 203,700 miles. It has had master cylinder replaced, radiator, power window electronics, and main relay. It currently needs paint it looks terrible!!! It has a small power steering leak and it must have an oil pan gasket leak as it is always wet when I change the oil. Honda so called fixed the PS leak but it reoccured 1 year later and they refused to repair under warranty. That dealership has had a lot of problems over the years. A lot of personnel changes. Honda refuses to acknowledge its defects and I'm skeptical about buying another Honda. I'm not thrilled with the other offerings out there either. Its been a good car overall.

Armrest, controls to open and close each vent, great AC and heater. Nice interior and ergo setup of controls, cruise control, trunk space good and setbacks let down. fuel economy ave. is 28 mpg in mixed driving. Underpowered for todays driving but is sufficient if not in heavy high speed traffic oft

Honda made some improvments but I'm leery because of the very bad reputation they have made for themselves and this is widespread and universal. I haven't read anything about how good someone was treated when they had brought their Honda in to have a defect fixed by a Honda dealer. My ears are open!

sweet
By ivo

1992 Honda Accord Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

recently underwent a financial reckoning and got rid of payments and paid $1500 for this little honda with 176k mi. didnt expect much, but it has been unbelievable in the 6 months i owned it. doesn't burn a drop of oil (even though seller told me he thought it may burn some - but this guy just fixed something on the engine and resold it to me), and has been much more dependable than my wife's '01 jetta. gas mileage is still 30 mpg+ and almost everything works (except for cig. lighter and windshield washer fluid). even though i saved up, i can't justify spending $15k on newer car. i keep thinking - for that money I can buy me 10 of these that do the same thing perfectly fine! KICK 4SS HONDA!!!

dependability

can't say that it is "fun to drive" except for the feeling of satisfaction in regards to value received.