Used 1992 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

1992 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Straight Soldier
By Bosstone23

1992 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

Our Honda has been passed down throughout my family and will soon be sold. This car hauled an almost 2500 lb U-Haul trailer from Virginia to Arizona and is still kicking. Two things that commonly go in these due to bad circuit construction are the transmission computer and the main relay. New computer can be bought from ecmtogo for about $200 and relay is $60 at the dealer. Replacing these two parts is easy and should take care of most blinking D4 light issues. Aside from that, this car is a true champion of Japanese engineering and sets the standard for longevity.

Favorite Features

Sunroof, fold down rear seats, stock speakers still have great bass response after 15 years, great gas mileage, durability of components, ability to withstand severe engine strain (towing) and not overheat

Suggested Improvements

Some electrical system components are built with cheap capacitors (i.e. transmission computer) and are prone to failure in hot weather. Plastic door handle assemblies tend to crack over time, weather stripping is coming off, cup holders cramp your stereo's style, fan doesn't blow very hard

mild to wild....270k mi later
By MikeyMeyagi

1992 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

i got my accord for free from a buddy that was going into the marines. it had been neglected and abused, with 237k on it when i got it. still ran great and drove great. i liked it so much that i completely rebuilt it from the ground up. new paint, new interior, new suspension and brake systems, and a 430 hp turbocharged engine.seeing the look on people's faces when this car will keep up with, or beat their much more expensive sports cars is priceless.

Favorite Features

ease to work on, gotta love a honda. the quality of build on these cars is very good. and the engines will run forever just about. my original had 253,000 when it was finally replaced, and it still ran great.

Suggested Improvements

the rust behind the rear wheels that plagues older hondas.

Cute Little Tank
By nurse607

1992 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

I got this car as a beater for 1500 dollars in 2004. I've since put over 50,000 miles on it, and had only one mechanical problem that wasn't directly attributable to the infamous New York State snow rust. This thing has treated me so well, I've gotten 5 times my money out of it in under 4 years. I never bought a foreign car until this one, and I'm never buying anything but a Honda again. Every car I've had, which were all American pieces of garbage, had so many problems and were built terribly. This car, and Honda in general, are made FOR the people, FOR the long run. This vehicle is no joke, and is no exception to that rule. I got lucky and got one with all the options&it's over 200k miles!

Favorite Features

loaded interior, smooth motor sunroof.. peppy engine. This car still looks and runs really well after 200 thousand miles. It's no race car, but will lay down some serious rubber when you really step on it. Definitely an unexpected trait!

Suggested Improvements

turning radius... rust resistance... better radio antenna design (extended antenna will snap off with trunk lid open/close! But seriously, that is IT. This car is otherwise perfect and unstoppable!

Great Reliability and Mileage
By locke290

1992 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

I have had my accord for over a year and it has been extremely reliable. I have had no problems with the car whatsoever and it has almost 200k miles. It gets very good gas mileage, over 30 mpg, which in my opinion is excellent for a 14 year old car. I would recommend the accord to anyone!

Favorite Features

Fuel Mileage, Reliability, Handling

Suggested Improvements

Interior door handles have a tendency to break

MOST RELIABLE
By J Cruz

1992 Honda Accord LX 4dr Wagon

This car is very reliable. I went from a newer car to the 1992 Honda Accord and it was a very smart choice. I drive a lot and this car takes a beating in the HOT Florida weather. After driving it all day this car feels same way, never sluggish and no rough idle, runs like a true champ.

Favorite Features

Reliablilty and trunk room

Suggested Improvements

Remake them