1992 Honda Accord Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
great car, but getting old...
By 92 Honda EX on 07/11/05 15:56 PM (PDT)

1992 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

I have really enjoyed owning this car. I have the 5spd and it has been very fun to drive. Despite not being a sports car, it has a sporty appearence with the 2drs, spoiler and sun roof. The car has however not been without problems. Since I bought it, I have had problems starting it in hot, humid weather. At 180,000 miles the oil pan seal wore and needed to be replaced, at 190,000 miles the head was found to be cracked and the car would not start. This is a very expensive problem to have fixed. Currently, it seems that the fuel pump is about to go. Despite the problems I have had, I would not hesitate to recommend the same car to someone else.

Great Dependable Cat
By 92HondaEX on 04/09/05 14:28 PM (PDT)

1992 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

I bought a new 92 Honda Accord EX 2DR coupe in Mar 1993 and traded in a 1985 Honda Accord. This has been a great car and very dependable. During the first 100,000 miles I had no problems what so ever. I did all the scheduled maintenance and changed the oil regularly using Mobil 1 Synthetic. Always tried to use genuine Honda parts. Recently had to replace the radiator and the clutch after 143000 miles. I bought a 2004 Acura TL last year but could not get myself to trade in the Honda, so I kept it. I still use the Honda to drive to work and whenever the weather is bad. Change the timing belt every 60,000 miles and the car will last. This is a super car!

Fun Car
By tango on 03/19/05 20:09 PM (PST)

1992 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

This is a very fun car to drive. It ran rough when I bought it through ebay with135K, but since a full tuneup, it has run very nicely. I have had to replace an electric fuel injection part, and much of the A/C. Along with routine stuff (brakes, belts, tires, etc.) it has been a great daily driver for nearly a year. It will need some exhaust work soon.

great commuter
By shannwarr on 04/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

I bought this car because I drive 80 miles every day to work and back and didn't want to depreciate my Z71 or Infiniti. The car had 176,000 miles when I bought it. It had some body damage, but ran like a top. The car now has 189,000 miles and still meets smog standard and gets 29 m.p.g. on an automatic. Honda builds an awesome car!!

It will run forever
By MLF_66062 on 04/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Honda Accord Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

This car will run forever. I have 235,000 miles on mine. It has some nuiscance items later in its life (oil leak, main relay (causes problems starting the car in hot hot weather), etc.). Overall, though, if you're a frugal person that will stay with a car for a long time, this is the one for you. I have had extremely low maintence costs and have really enjoyed owning this car.

The perfect commuter car
By Awry13 on 11/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

I bought this car in 1998 and it had 31,000 miles on it. It has 239,000 now. Right after I bought it the distributor had to be replaced, then the alternator at about 120,000 miles. Other than that, normal maintenance. Still averages about 28 mpg between city and highway driving. It has a manual transmission and I have never replaced the clutch. In the next month I will be getting my second set of half shafts (driveshafts) put in. Then I will be selling it in favor of a newer Accord. By all accounts the newer models have only gotten better.

sweet car!
By pook22 on 10/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

i bought this accord exr only a couple months ago, and i love it! yeah i bought it old but i should get a few years out of it yet - it's a honda! i love both the look and the drive

car in good working condition
By barbara di pinto on 06/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Honda Accord Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

this car is in good working condition and has only been serviced by the dealer

lovemyhonda
By sportygal on 05/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

I buoght my 1992 honda accord after I was rear-ended in 1999 and my civic was totaled. I got hosed by the dealer, but I made up for it with very little money invested into it through the years. At the time I was single and loved the sporty look of it. Now I have two kids in car seats and have to trade it in. (It's not good for car seats!) I would like another accord, but will probably opt for a civic again.(can't afford diapers AND a four door Accord)

The Best Honda Ever
By WiseOwl on 04/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

This car will go down in history as a legend. It has performed flawless throughout the 250,000 miles I've driven it.