Used 1992 Honda Accord Coupe Consumer Reviews - 27 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Honda Accord Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Great Reliability and Mileage
By locke290

1992 Honda Accord Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

I have had my accord for over a year and it has been extremely reliable. I have had no problems with the car whatsoever and it has almost 200k miles. It gets very good gas mileage, over 30 mpg, which in my opinion is excellent for a 14 year old car. I would recommend the accord to anyone!

Fuel Mileage, Reliability, Handling

Interior door handles have a tendency to break

Great car!
By colslaw87

1992 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

I bought my 1992 EX coupe roughly 2 years ago from a private dealer. Since then I have fell in love with the car. It is a blast to drive and gas milage is decent. I highly recommend the EX Accord as a first car for any teen or new driver!

Fun to drive, sunroof, great quality.

All honda's rust above the rear wheel and tend to leak in the trunk.

Super 92 AccEX Coupe
By Lin Red

1992 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

I purchased my 92 Honda Accord EX coupe with Manual transmission 13 years ago. I've been tremendously satisfied with my great car. During the first decade I did not have any significant problems. In the last couple of years I've finally had to replace the clutch and replace the timing belt for the second time. Aside for a few rattles and squeaks, this car still gets me to work every day. I bought an Acura TL but I cannot bring myself to sell this car.

Reliability, design and fun to drive. The quality is unbeatable

The radio it came with was never very good. I should have replaced it a lot earlier.

Great used car!
By Clancy

1992 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

I bought my Honda from a private party recently. Though it has 140K on the engine, the car runs perfectly and handles like a newer car. The ride is smooth and quiet and the gas mileage (25 mpg city) is more than acceptable. Based on other postings and things I've read this car should past 200,000 miles as long as the routine maintenence is done. What more does one need? From now on it's Honda (or maybe Subaru) only!

Moon roof, very comfortable bucket seats, and a good-sized trunk. The coupe has a spacious feel when you're in the front seat.

The cup holders are in a bad location, the center console is lame and the stock radio is mediocre at best, though the speakers are OK. Also, the auto tranny is a bit rough when shifting but I've been told to add some Lubegard to the next transmission fluid change and things will markedly improve.

Will never leave you stranded.
By mark

1992 Honda Accord Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

If you are looking for one car that will definitely get you where you need to go it is a 4th generation Accord. I bought the car with 230K miles and now have over 285K on the car! I refer to it as Old Faithful if that gives you any idea of it's reliability. Has never left me stranded. I have only put money into it (other than usual wear items) was to replace a main fuel relay (one of the very few common problems these cars had) and replaced a valve cover gasket. Other than that it has been more than amazing. bought it for $1000 and could sell it tomorrow for the same, which I'm certainly not planning on doing. Get the 5 speed, it is more reliable (slightly) and better performance.

The AMAZING reliability

Some minor problems with the turn signals.