1992 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
1992 EX Sedan :: 11 Years
By ex_driver_rbs on 01/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I purchased my 92 EX sedan new after several GM lemons. After nearly 11 years I now have 115,000 (local and highway) miles on the car and not one problem! Routine maintenance and timing belt the only time the car was in the shop. Drives like new except the window motors (slowing down). Plan to keep the car and give to my daughter when she is ready to drive.

1992 Honda Accord EX
By crbunch on 01/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan

Best automobile I've every owned. Almost 95,000 before I changed the front brakes. No trouble at all with the engine, still runs and performs well. Have had some problems with cv joint replacement, but other than this and some A/C problems the car has been great. After 10 yrs. in the sun the paint job is oxidizing, but I guess this should be expected. I love this car, would like to have a pick-up but can't bring myself to trade up. This car has some features that many of the American cars didn't incorperate until years later.

Very Satisfied
By Rocky M on 12/22/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

Great vehicle, 120,000 miles and still origional brakes, it doesn't burn any oil and there is not rust. What can I say the only problem I had was an Oxygen sensor in the exaust failed and that was covered under warrenty. I've had the car 11 years and look forward to another 4-5 years easily. I've even spoken to people who have over 300,000 miles and are still going strong!

My Honda
By Crunch77 on 12/13/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Honda Accord DX 2dr Coupe

My family bought our '92 Accord DX Coupe new in the fall of '91, and it is still one of the best decisions my family has ever made. Even with 195k miles, it still runs like it has every bit the power it originally had. The engine has absolutely no mechanical problems, and maintenance has only been routine. I've told myself that I can get 400k miles out of it, and I think I can do it. I love this car.

excelent automobile
By arthuir t.boinay on 11/08/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

this vehicle has never been in for anything but routine service. timing chain replaced at about 87,000 miles.

What a Car.
By SKIP Jr. on 10/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

Currently this car has 206,000 miles and has been extremely reliable. No major problems just brakes, oil changes and tires. Its comfortable and economical. But the 4 cylinder does lack power. I never regretted buying the Accord. As it ages we plan on retiring it gracefully. It has been reduced to a to and from work car. hard to beat a HOnda.

great car
By Kerrie Rochon on 09/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

love the car,wish the new styles were as good

As old as it is, it's a wonderful car!
By 92sedanEx on 09/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

We bought it used from a private sale, but man, this car is absolutely excellent. It's really fun to drive, nice layout, and as old as it is, it's very well for it's age. It's is somewhat lacking (since it's a SOHC) but still peppy.

Loved it!
By nutty-1 on 08/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

My 1992 Accord was my second Honda. I had traded my CRX for it. I absolutely loved this car! It was totalled w/100M miles on it and still looked sharp. I got a 1998 to replace it and to this day, when I see a 1992 (or that body style) I wish I had it back. Don't get me wrong, my 1998 is a great, quality car but I never held the same affection for it. The 98 seems to have a noisy engine and air conditioning and I personally did not like the body style as much.

my car
By YLR on 08/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Honda Accord DX 2dr Coupe