1992 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Great Long-Term Car
By satisfiedw/it on 03/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I bought my '92, EX Accord in '96 with 60,000 miles on it and am still driving it today. I'm now at 145,000 miles and plan on taking it to around 200,000. All I've had to do is standard maintenance along the way. Incredibly reliable car. I'm very, very satisfied. I'll have a hard time replacing it one day.

Nice car
By rcgus on 02/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I purchased this vehicle used. I have put 42k on it in 3 years. Its a great reliable car. Only problems have been a cracked distributor, wiper switch is going bad, and the cloth cover over a speaker if falling off. But the car still looks new and drives great. I run this baby until the tire fall off ! 150k plus I'm counting on

My Baby
By leslie on 02/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

I bought my 5 speed 1992 EX 2 door Accord with 14,000 miles on it in 1993. It now has 185,000 miles, been to canada several times, 2 accidents and still runs like a charm. I loved this car the day I bought it and still do. So much fun to drive. I wish I didnt have to sell it.

Expensive Maintenance
By T................... on 02/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

Front brakes have to be done by a mechanic for an extra 125. Total 315 for two hours work. 125 in parts at a store. Timing belt change costs 700! Why is the oil filter is on back of engine block? What a pain. Battery has to be removed to replace right head lights. Again, what a pain. Spark plugs are deeply recessed. Maybe too deeply since my gaskets were replaced by a Honda dealer and oil still leaks, filling the plug holes. Original distributor, radio, and exhaust long since gave up the ghost. Forcing the car into fifth, I broke the syncromesh gear. Now I have to double- clutch fifth and cause excessive wear to the clutch.

Make sure you use genuine Honda parts
By Norm1965 on 02/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

Great car. Bought it used. The prior owner took the car to a national chain muffler repair shop for his repairs. After-market parts are NOT the same as genuine Honda parts! After some breakdowns and lots of cash to diagnose an ignition problem, we found a universal after-market O2 sensor was the cause. Unless it's tires or brake pads, use only Honda parts. Trust me!

Impressive in every aspect
By accordtunerx on 02/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

I have owned my accord for over a year now, and love everything about it. It has great interior and exterior styling and is pretty decent on power too (140 hp)... they only problems i've had with the car were an oxygen sensor that needed replaced and the radiator which had a crack in it... other than that, it is a VERY reliable car which i would reccomend to anyone... i've also added some extra modifications to my accord, which include 17" wheels, lowering springs, upgraded sound system, full performance exhaust system, and cold air intake. All of these upgrades compliment my already great looking and performing accord, and make it even more fun to drive!

Most Reliable Car
By BOOM! on 01/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan

This is the car I use to get around. My car has only had one problem, and thats caused by me. The car has 200,000 miles on it and still is running. I have run this car into the ground and its 4 cylinder engine continues to run well. As for performance, I have the base model DX with manual transmission, and I have to say it accelrates like you wouldn't believe. The car is so light that it accelerates, I'd say equivelent to a Porsche Carrera.

No Complaints
By morose on 01/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

Had this car for 10 years and 160K miles with no problems until it was totaled when rear-ended and pushed into another vehicle . . . plenty of power with manual transmission, even with 4cyl engine . . . comfortable, smooth ride . . . as far as better half is concerned, no new car can replace this one

Honda Accord: Great Car!
By AZ-guy on 01/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

We bought a '92 Honda Accord LX 4-door sedan in '95 as the care came off a 3- year lease from a private party. We have been very happy with the reliability and low operating costs of this vehicle. Now that the Accord has 108,000 miles on it, we are just as happy with it as when we bought it.

A great car for its age. Great deal!
By chadfog on 01/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

This car is exellent. It has had hardly any problems, although the emissions sensor seems to have trouble. Also, for such a reliable car, the cup holders are troublesome as they do not stay in. It is peppy and fun to drive. It is also more attractive than other cars of its day.