Used 1992 Honda Accord Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

1992 Honda Accord Wagon

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Expensive Repairs
By rams007

1992 Honda Accord Wagon EX 4dr Wagon

I bought a 1992 Accord EX wagon with 155,000 miles on it. First thing to go was the master cylinder - $200+. Then the the CV joints - $150 each. Then the key lock locked the key in the ignition - $100. After replacing the CV joints it took only 15,000 miles and the left one was out. These were OEM parts mind you. Then there's the timing belt that must be replaced every 90,000 - $600. I like Hondas but I would trade it before the warranty for sure. Buyer beware. I also had a Ford Crown Vic that got 24 mpg on the road and was still going strong at 260,000 miles. Repair costs - cheap.

Favorite Features

Sportiness

MOST RELIABLE
By J Cruz

1992 Honda Accord Wagon LX 4dr Wagon

This car is very reliable. I went from a newer car to the 1992 Honda Accord and it was a very smart choice. I drive a lot and this car takes a beating in the HOT Florida weather. After driving it all day this car feels same way, never sluggish and no rough idle, runs like a true champ.

Favorite Features

Reliablilty and trunk room

Suggested Improvements

Remake them

I love my Honda Wagon!
By samantha

1992 Honda Accord Wagon EX 4dr Wagon

This car has gotten me through heavy commutes in bad-traffic Seattle, a trip cross country, and many, many rainy trips up and down I-5. It has always been reliable and the little maintenance I have had done has only been basic keep-up projects like new tires, brake pads, and oil changes.

Favorite Features

The arm rest for the driver side makes for an ergonomically super comfy rider

Suggested Improvements

It's a long car, so the turning radius is pretty short, making 3-point turns cumbersome.

Honda Wagon Review
By dresserd

1992 Honda Accord Wagon LX 4dr Wagon

I cannot say enough good things about this vehicle. You put in the key, turn it, and it always goes. It was perfect for you young family (with dog, A/C in the back for Clipperdog). A bit tight now with teenagers. Incredible realiability, nice styling, still gets 30 mpg highway. Very pleased would buy again.

Favorite Features

The fuel economy, and styling, great ride, inside trunk space for the wagon was great for everything from luggage to family pet.

Suggested Improvements

A bit more leg room in the second row of seats and available in V6.

Great car
By Hondanut

1992 Honda Accord Wagon EX 4dr Wagon

I bought this car new and have had little trouble other than maintenance. Currently 138K. For those who question the firm shift--the auto transmission shifts firmly but this is why it far outlasts any smoother shifting GM transmission. Smooth shifting comes from slipping clutches which accelerates wear. Firm shifts allow transmission life of 200M or more. Very durable, reliable car.

Favorite Features

durability and reliability

Suggested Improvements

replace timing belt with a timing chain eliminating the $450 maintenance bill every 90K