Used 1992 Honda Accord LX Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

168,000 miles and more to come
By Ashlynne Danbury

1992 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I bought my 1992 Honda Accord with 123,000 miles in February of 2012. It now has 168,000 miles and keeps on chugging. Surprisingly comfortable ride, easy visibility in front and back, peppy 4 cylinder motor, and decent gas mileage for its age. With a car of this age, it's difficult to tell if problems are due to design flaws or previous owners. The dash light knob is touchy and you have to turn it just right to get the lights to stay on, a minor inconvenience. One of the rear seatbelts doesn't work, as if it's stuck all the way out. The trunk leaks when it rains. I've had the front driver's side floor board leak very occasionally, when it rains just right. A/C has never worked, although I had the retro fit kit put on it. Heater works good, car handles well in the snow, although even minor puddles cause a belt to squeal for a few seconds. I commute on a two lane, curvy road and the car handles beautifully. It has surprising get up and go for a 4 cylinder and I never worry about being able to pass slow cars. All the power windows work, as do the locks. Dash is in perfect shape. Clock works, all gauges work. No major repairs, did have to replace the main relay under the dash, inexpensive fix that was causing the car to not start again in hot weather shortly after being turned off. With regular maintenance, I expect this car to go another 100,000 miles. All in all, with diligent previous owner(s) who kept up maintenance and repairs, I would highly recommend this car.

240K Miles and Going To Donate Soon
By jmm11

1992 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I drive my wife's 1992 Honda Accord and it's been a great car. The things that strike others when the ride in it is how comfortable the ride is for compared to other mid size to small sedans. The current issues I have include: Rotors, Wheel Bearings, Tie Rods..Oil Leaks Rust..Interior rips in seats..Windshield Washer Fluid Dispenser..Pretty costly repairs that aren't worth it anymore..Donation Time! I also hate the timing belt...When considering these cars know that every 90K miles you have to get front of the engine removed to replace the timing belt. I think we've replaced it twice and it's coming up on a third time...$$$ Original Engine, Transmission and A/C Compressor.....Amazing!

Comfortable Ride and A/C Still Works...

No Timing Belt in the engine

A long line of owners
By Amanda

1992 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car from my brother; My brother bought it from my Mom. My mom bought it from a close friend. Because I'm 20, I don't know who originally bought it, but I have fond memories of riding to my first day of my new school (between elementary and middle), Camp Fire meetings and long car trips. I hope to have many more by driving. The car now has 200,000+ miles and is running as strong as can be expected for an 18 year old car.

I'm 4 ft 11in and yet I can see fairly well over the dash board and the seat belt doesn't strangle me. It's small but not so small I can't take a heavy or tall friend to work.

I have a bit trouble seeing the curbs and because it's so low to the ground I often get stuck or hit the bottom.

Original Owner - 1st car & best car ever
By Sunshine

1992 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

My 92 Honda Accord is the most dependable vehicle I know. I still own my first and only vehicle. The engine still runs great! Change the oil every 3K/3 months. Stay up on routine maintenance. Change timing belt/water pump at 90K. Keep an eye on CV boots to avoid CV joint replacement. I have 240K miles on my car. Back in 1997, I drove it back and forth from Maryland to Florida numerous times. I've place high octane gas in my vehicle. My certified Honda mechanic tells me my car runs great, because I took care of it. Rust is an issue in these models, especially on the rear quarter panels. Take care of chipped paint ASAP. Wash & wax car to protect coat. My interior still looks great. No tears.

My favorite features are: 4-cylinder engine that runs great, life-time muffler after initial replacement, gas mileage, air conditioner/heat, trunk space, and fold down seats.

Improvements to the body molding and coating to deter rust. This model Honda dings easily. I can't really complain though; my Accord is a great dependable car. After doing a lot of research, I'm glad I selected this car 18 years ago.

My FIRST car!
By Sarahbeth

1992 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I'm eighteen years old and previously had gotten married and we had been attending college and never expected to get the amount back from school as we did. I had been looking for some wheels to get us to point a to point b. When i stumbled across a 1992 Honda Accord for $850! I took the car for a spin and it was at that very moment i fell in love. I've had it and it takes me everywhere. I already know I'm going to stick with my baby Honda for years on end.

Interior, Gas mileage,