Used 1992 Honda Accord LX Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

1992 Honda Accord Sedan

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

240K Miles and Going To Donate Soon
By jmm11

1992 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I drive my wife's 1992 Honda Accord and it's been a great car. The things that strike others when the ride in it is how comfortable the ride is for compared to other mid size to small sedans. The current issues I have include: Rotors, Wheel Bearings, Tie Rods..Oil Leaks Rust..Interior rips in seats..Windshield Washer Fluid Dispenser..Pretty costly repairs that aren't worth it anymore..Donation Time! I also hate the timing belt...When considering these cars know that every 90K miles you have to get front of the engine removed to replace the timing belt. I think we've replaced it twice and it's coming up on a third time...$$$ Original Engine, Transmission and A/C Compressor.....Amazing!

Favorite Features

Comfortable Ride and A/C Still Works...

Suggested Improvements

No Timing Belt in the engine

A long line of owners
By Amanda

1992 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car from my brother; My brother bought it from my Mom. My mom bought it from a close friend. Because I'm 20, I don't know who originally bought it, but I have fond memories of riding to my first day of my new school (between elementary and middle), Camp Fire meetings and long car trips. I hope to have many more by driving. The car now has 200,000+ miles and is running as strong as can be expected for an 18 year old car.

Favorite Features

I'm 4 ft 11in and yet I can see fairly well over the dash board and the seat belt doesn't strangle me. It's small but not so small I can't take a heavy or tall friend to work.

Suggested Improvements

I have a bit trouble seeing the curbs and because it's so low to the ground I often get stuck or hit the bottom.

Original Owner - 1st car & best car ever
By Sunshine

1992 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

My 92 Honda Accord is the most dependable vehicle I know. I still own my first and only vehicle. The engine still runs great! Change the oil every 3K/3 months. Stay up on routine maintenance. Change timing belt/water pump at 90K. Keep an eye on CV boots to avoid CV joint replacement. I have 240K miles on my car. Back in 1997, I drove it back and forth from Maryland to Florida numerous times. I've place high octane gas in my vehicle. My certified Honda mechanic tells me my car runs great, because I took care of it. Rust is an issue in these models, especially on the rear quarter panels. Take care of chipped paint ASAP. Wash & wax car to protect coat. My interior still looks great. No tears.

Favorite Features

My favorite features are: 4-cylinder engine that runs great, life-time muffler after initial replacement, gas mileage, air conditioner/heat, trunk space, and fold down seats.

Suggested Improvements

Improvements to the body molding and coating to deter rust. This model Honda dings easily. I can't really complain though; my Accord is a great dependable car. After doing a lot of research, I'm glad I selected this car 18 years ago.

My FIRST car!
By Sarahbeth

1992 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I'm eighteen years old and previously had gotten married and we had been attending college and never expected to get the amount back from school as we did. I had been looking for some wheels to get us to point a to point b. When i stumbled across a 1992 Honda Accord for $850! I took the car for a spin and it was at that very moment i fell in love. I've had it and it takes me everywhere. I already know I'm going to stick with my baby Honda for years on end.

Favorite Features

Interior, Gas mileage,

Suggested Improvements

NONE!! i wouldn't have it ANY other way :]]

Excellent Car
By HondaLover3

1992 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Loved the Car bought at 100,000 miles and drove it for a couple years with no problems, just reg maint. Oil change tune up etc, sold it when I hit 210,000 miles for a newer sport accord. Car driving like brand new when I sold it.

Favorite Features

Loved the car as a whole

Suggested Improvements

Great the way it was