Used 1992 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

168,000 miles and more to come
By Ashlynne Danbury

1992 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I bought my 1992 Honda Accord with 123,000 miles in February of 2012. It now has 168,000 miles and keeps on chugging. Surprisingly comfortable ride, easy visibility in front and back, peppy 4 cylinder motor, and decent gas mileage for its age. With a car of this age, it's difficult to tell if problems are due to design flaws or previous owners. The dash light knob is touchy and you have to turn it just right to get the lights to stay on, a minor inconvenience. One of the rear seatbelts doesn't work, as if it's stuck all the way out. The trunk leaks when it rains. I've had the front driver's side floor board leak very occasionally, when it rains just right. A/C has never worked, although I had the retro fit kit put on it. Heater works good, car handles well in the snow, although even minor puddles cause a belt to squeal for a few seconds. I commute on a two lane, curvy road and the car handles beautifully. It has surprising get up and go for a 4 cylinder and I never worry about being able to pass slow cars. All the power windows work, as do the locks. Dash is in perfect shape. Clock works, all gauges work. No major repairs, did have to replace the main relay under the dash, inexpensive fix that was causing the car to not start again in hot weather shortly after being turned off. With regular maintenance, I expect this car to go another 100,000 miles. All in all, with diligent previous owner(s) who kept up maintenance and repairs, I would highly recommend this car.

Excellent Car (EX Sedan Automatic)
By creek2013

1992 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I don't think I can say much negative about this car - I'd say it has everything a driver needs plus more. I've been driving it for a little bit more than 3 years now - it is my first car. It's reliable, sporty, comfortable, and I think it looks awesome (no mods)! I happened to come across one that looked like new, and it rocks! Only minor problems so far I'd say - like hoses leaking, otherwise, great car. I think I just hit the 180000 mile mark - I think it has yet to hit it's break-in point...may drive this car for years to come!

1. Sporty - especially on the highway 2. Reliable 3. Looks cool 4. Comfortable 5. High-quality interior 6. I'm tall (about 6'1''), and I can get in and out easily; nor do I feel squashed when in the driver's seat (The seat can actually go back even further than where I normally have it!) - so good for tall people like me.

Oil filter placement (not really a big deal to me, but changing the filter in it's current placement can be a little tricky).

240K Miles and Going To Donate Soon
By jmm11

1992 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I drive my wife's 1992 Honda Accord and it's been a great car. The things that strike others when the ride in it is how comfortable the ride is for compared to other mid size to small sedans. The current issues I have include: Rotors, Wheel Bearings, Tie Rods..Oil Leaks Rust..Interior rips in seats..Windshield Washer Fluid Dispenser..Pretty costly repairs that aren't worth it anymore..Donation Time! I also hate the timing belt...When considering these cars know that every 90K miles you have to get front of the engine removed to replace the timing belt. I think we've replaced it twice and it's coming up on a third time...$$$ Original Engine, Transmission and A/C Compressor.....Amazing!

Comfortable Ride and A/C Still Works...

No Timing Belt in the engine

Better than my 99 EX-L??
By thafh

1992 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

This has got to be the best honda I've owned!! I owned a 99 EX-L in the early 2000s. It was a 5 speed too, but it had more room and leather/wood trim. This one is 7 years older, yet has everything that car has except the leather/wood! I only paid $1500 for this car in September of 2010. I paid $15,000 for my 99 in 2001. Even though it isn't a vtec either, there was only an 8hp difference from the 99. I'm still stumped on which one is better!! lol. My 92 has 258k on it, and the 99 had 191k on it when i sold it in 06... I've owned 5 accords in my life (3 91s, 92, 99) but the 92 and 99 ex's stand out! When I finish school, I plan on an 06-07 V6 sedan 6spd!

Manual transmission

auto trans; ac compressor

GREAT CAR
By megsiep52

1992 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I bought my accord with 219k miles on it a few months ago and it now has 236k miles on it. had to bleed the clutch, but it runs great. Leaks a little oil, but it's 18 years old and the leak is minimal at best. I love driving this car and even though I have a 1999 dodge minivan, I'd rather drive my accord and I trust the honda much more than the newer van. Great purchase! still retains more value than models 10 years newer! Love my car!!!k miles on it just a few months ago. Had to bleed the clutch, but since then, regular ROUTINE maintenence and it runs awesome. I've

I love that it's a manual, more control, especially in winter driving conditions. Cruise control works better than most other vehicles I've driven. Great acceleration and speed maintenence. all around good car.

Galvanized paint like used on volvos would be best for maintaining the paint job with minimal work.