1992 Honda Accord Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
mild to wild....270k mi later
By MikeyMeyagi on 11/27/06 19:26 PM (PST)

1992 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

i got my accord for free from a buddy that was going into the marines. it had been neglected and abused, with 237k on it when i got it. still ran great and drove great. i liked it so much that i completely rebuilt it from the ground up. new paint, new interior, new suspension and brake systems, and a 430 hp turbocharged engine.seeing the look on people's faces when this car will keep up with, or beat their much more expensive sports cars is priceless.

Cute Little Tank
By nurse607 on 11/24/06 14:51 PM (PST)

1992 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

I got this car as a beater for 1500 dollars in 2004. I've since put over 50,000 miles on it, and had only one mechanical problem that wasn't directly attributable to the infamous New York State snow rust. This thing has treated me so well, I've gotten 5 times my money out of it in under 4 years. I never bought a foreign car until this one, and I'm never buying anything but a Honda again. Every car I've had, which were all American pieces of garbage, had so many problems and were built terribly. This car, and Honda in general, are made FOR the people, FOR the long run. This vehicle is no joke, and is no exception to that rule. I got lucky and got one with all the options&it's over 200k miles!

Great car!
By colslaw87 on 03/12/06 23:04 PM (PST)

1992 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

I bought my 1992 EX coupe roughly 2 years ago from a private dealer. Since then I have fell in love with the car. It is a blast to drive and gas milage is decent. I highly recommend the EX Accord as a first car for any teen or new driver!

Super 92 AccEX Coupe
By Lin Red on 02/12/06 00:53 AM (PST)

1992 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

I purchased my 92 Honda Accord EX coupe with Manual transmission 13 years ago. I've been tremendously satisfied with my great car. During the first decade I did not have any significant problems. In the last couple of years I've finally had to replace the clutch and replace the timing belt for the second time. Aside for a few rattles and squeaks, this car still gets me to work every day. I bought an Acura TL but I cannot bring myself to sell this car.

Great used car!
By Clancy on 01/31/06 23:59 PM (PST)

1992 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

I bought my Honda from a private party recently. Though it has 140K on the engine, the car runs perfectly and handles like a newer car. The ride is smooth and quiet and the gas mileage (25 mpg city) is more than acceptable. Based on other postings and things I've read this car should past 200,000 miles as long as the routine maintenence is done. What more does one need? From now on it's Honda (or maybe Subaru) only!

great car, but getting old...
By 92 Honda EX on 07/11/05 15:56 PM (PDT)

1992 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

I have really enjoyed owning this car. I have the 5spd and it has been very fun to drive. Despite not being a sports car, it has a sporty appearence with the 2drs, spoiler and sun roof. The car has however not been without problems. Since I bought it, I have had problems starting it in hot, humid weather. At 180,000 miles the oil pan seal wore and needed to be replaced, at 190,000 miles the head was found to be cracked and the car would not start. This is a very expensive problem to have fixed. Currently, it seems that the fuel pump is about to go. Despite the problems I have had, I would not hesitate to recommend the same car to someone else.

Great Dependable Cat
By 92HondaEX on 04/09/05 14:28 PM (PDT)

1992 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

I bought a new 92 Honda Accord EX 2DR coupe in Mar 1993 and traded in a 1985 Honda Accord. This has been a great car and very dependable. During the first 100,000 miles I had no problems what so ever. I did all the scheduled maintenance and changed the oil regularly using Mobil 1 Synthetic. Always tried to use genuine Honda parts. Recently had to replace the radiator and the clutch after 143000 miles. I bought a 2004 Acura TL last year but could not get myself to trade in the Honda, so I kept it. I still use the Honda to drive to work and whenever the weather is bad. Change the timing belt every 60,000 miles and the car will last. This is a super car!

Fun Car
By tango on 03/19/05 20:09 PM (PST)

1992 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

This is a very fun car to drive. It ran rough when I bought it through ebay with135K, but since a full tuneup, it has run very nicely. I have had to replace an electric fuel injection part, and much of the A/C. Along with routine stuff (brakes, belts, tires, etc.) it has been a great daily driver for nearly a year. It will need some exhaust work soon.

great commuter
By shannwarr on 04/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

I bought this car because I drive 80 miles every day to work and back and didn't want to depreciate my Z71 or Infiniti. The car had 176,000 miles when I bought it. It had some body damage, but ran like a top. The car now has 189,000 miles and still meets smog standard and gets 29 m.p.g. on an automatic. Honda builds an awesome car!!

The perfect commuter car
By Awry13 on 11/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

I bought this car in 1998 and it had 31,000 miles on it. It has 239,000 now. Right after I bought it the distributor had to be replaced, then the alternator at about 120,000 miles. Other than that, normal maintenance. Still averages about 28 mpg between city and highway driving. It has a manual transmission and I have never replaced the clutch. In the next month I will be getting my second set of half shafts (driveshafts) put in. Then I will be selling it in favor of a newer Accord. By all accounts the newer models have only gotten better.