Used 1992 Honda Accord Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Original Owner of 17 years
By Bob

1992 Honda Accord Coupe DX 2dr Coupe

The vehicle cannot be compared with other for it has been totally reliable in all aspects. This vehicle sat in storage for 3 years while on overseas service and upon turning the key, it was not disconnected during storage, it started right up and the clock on the dash still had the correct time. I did the normal hose and belt replacement along with the timing belt and 60K later she is still running strong. As other reviewers have revealed the quarter panels are very rust prone but if I were to call Honda they would probably consider meeting me 1/2 way on the repairs. Not only is the car reliable the manufacturer has been nothing but helpful with minor to major issues. Great car period!

Suggested Improvements

Additional Rustproofing in quarter panels and fender wells.

'92 Accord
By Brent

1992 Honda Accord Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

I have been very happy with this car since I purchased it new. Outside of normal maintainence, no problems with it mechanically. Some of the interior pieces haven't held up but overall very happy with the car.

the last great accord
By johnjapan

1992 Honda Accord Coupe DX 2dr Coupe

my dad bought it new in 92 i bought it in 20001. it is a solid car, drivetrain is excellent. it just turned over 200,000. and i honestly believe i'll get another 200,000 out of it. i change the oil every 3,000 miles try to use castrol the 92 and 93 accords (no power seatbelts) are the last great accords. hondas built after 1994 are becoming too mainstream( too many hondamatics) too upscale and the designs are ugly

Favorite Features

handling is great esp on mtn roads, the 5 speed transmission shifts as smooth as silk. the coupe design is great.

Suggested Improvements

the dashboard reflects in the windshield when driving into the sun. and the trunk leaks, also like most cars the tire jack is useless

mild to wild....270k mi later
By MikeyMeyagi

1992 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

i got my accord for free from a buddy that was going into the marines. it had been neglected and abused, with 237k on it when i got it. still ran great and drove great. i liked it so much that i completely rebuilt it from the ground up. new paint, new interior, new suspension and brake systems, and a 430 hp turbocharged engine.seeing the look on people's faces when this car will keep up with, or beat their much more expensive sports cars is priceless.

Favorite Features

ease to work on, gotta love a honda. the quality of build on these cars is very good. and the engines will run forever just about. my original had 253,000 when it was finally replaced, and it still ran great.

Suggested Improvements

the rust behind the rear wheels that plagues older hondas.

Cute Little Tank
By nurse607

1992 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

I got this car as a beater for 1500 dollars in 2004. I've since put over 50,000 miles on it, and had only one mechanical problem that wasn't directly attributable to the infamous New York State snow rust. This thing has treated me so well, I've gotten 5 times my money out of it in under 4 years. I never bought a foreign car until this one, and I'm never buying anything but a Honda again. Every car I've had, which were all American pieces of garbage, had so many problems and were built terribly. This car, and Honda in general, are made FOR the people, FOR the long run. This vehicle is no joke, and is no exception to that rule. I got lucky and got one with all the options&it's over 200k miles!

Favorite Features

loaded interior, smooth motor sunroof.. peppy engine. This car still looks and runs really well after 200 thousand miles. It's no race car, but will lay down some serious rubber when you really step on it. Definitely an unexpected trait!

Suggested Improvements

turning radius... rust resistance... better radio antenna design (extended antenna will snap off with trunk lid open/close! But seriously, that is IT. This car is otherwise perfect and unstoppable!