1992 Honda Accord Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Original Owner of 17 years
By Bob on 09/28/08 11:39 AM (PDT)

1992 Honda Accord Coupe DX 2dr Coupe

The vehicle cannot be compared with other for it has been totally reliable in all aspects. This vehicle sat in storage for 3 years while on overseas service and upon turning the key, it was not disconnected during storage, it started right up and the clock on the dash still had the correct time. I did the normal hose and belt replacement along with the timing belt and 60K later she is still running strong. As other reviewers have revealed the quarter panels are very rust prone but if I were to call Honda they would probably consider meeting me 1/2 way on the repairs. Not only is the car reliable the manufacturer has been nothing but helpful with minor to major issues. Great car period!

'92 Accord
By Brent on 10/22/07 13:58 PM (PDT)

1992 Honda Accord Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

I have been very happy with this car since I purchased it new. Outside of normal maintainence, no problems with it mechanically. Some of the interior pieces haven't held up but overall very happy with the car.

the last great accord
By johnjapan on 01/27/07 08:21 AM (PST)

1992 Honda Accord Coupe DX 2dr Coupe

my dad bought it new in 92 i bought it in 20001. it is a solid car, drivetrain is excellent. it just turned over 200,000. and i honestly believe i'll get another 200,000 out of it. i change the oil every 3,000 miles try to use castrol the 92 and 93 accords (no power seatbelts) are the last great accords. hondas built after 1994 are becoming too mainstream( too many hondamatics) too upscale and the designs are ugly

mild to wild....270k mi later
By MikeyMeyagi on 11/27/06 19:26 PM (PST)

1992 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

i got my accord for free from a buddy that was going into the marines. it had been neglected and abused, with 237k on it when i got it. still ran great and drove great. i liked it so much that i completely rebuilt it from the ground up. new paint, new interior, new suspension and brake systems, and a 430 hp turbocharged engine.seeing the look on people's faces when this car will keep up with, or beat their much more expensive sports cars is priceless.

Cute Little Tank
By nurse607 on 11/24/06 14:51 PM (PST)

1992 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

I got this car as a beater for 1500 dollars in 2004. I've since put over 50,000 miles on it, and had only one mechanical problem that wasn't directly attributable to the infamous New York State snow rust. This thing has treated me so well, I've gotten 5 times my money out of it in under 4 years. I never bought a foreign car until this one, and I'm never buying anything but a Honda again. Every car I've had, which were all American pieces of garbage, had so many problems and were built terribly. This car, and Honda in general, are made FOR the people, FOR the long run. This vehicle is no joke, and is no exception to that rule. I got lucky and got one with all the options&it's over 200k miles!

Great Reliability and Mileage
By locke290 on 11/23/06 17:30 PM (PST)

1992 Honda Accord Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

I have had my accord for over a year and it has been extremely reliable. I have had no problems with the car whatsoever and it has almost 200k miles. It gets very good gas mileage, over 30 mpg, which in my opinion is excellent for a 14 year old car. I would recommend the accord to anyone!

Great car!
By colslaw87 on 03/12/06 23:04 PM (PST)

1992 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

I bought my 1992 EX coupe roughly 2 years ago from a private dealer. Since then I have fell in love with the car. It is a blast to drive and gas milage is decent. I highly recommend the EX Accord as a first car for any teen or new driver!

Super 92 AccEX Coupe
By Lin Red on 02/12/06 00:53 AM (PST)

1992 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

I purchased my 92 Honda Accord EX coupe with Manual transmission 13 years ago. I've been tremendously satisfied with my great car. During the first decade I did not have any significant problems. In the last couple of years I've finally had to replace the clutch and replace the timing belt for the second time. Aside for a few rattles and squeaks, this car still gets me to work every day. I bought an Acura TL but I cannot bring myself to sell this car.

Great used car!
By Clancy on 01/31/06 23:59 PM (PST)

1992 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

I bought my Honda from a private party recently. Though it has 140K on the engine, the car runs perfectly and handles like a newer car. The ride is smooth and quiet and the gas mileage (25 mpg city) is more than acceptable. Based on other postings and things I've read this car should past 200,000 miles as long as the routine maintenence is done. What more does one need? From now on it's Honda (or maybe Subaru) only!

Will never leave you stranded.
By mark on 01/19/06 15:51 PM (PST)

1992 Honda Accord Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

If you are looking for one car that will definitely get you where you need to go it is a 4th generation Accord. I bought the car with 230K miles and now have over 285K on the car! I refer to it as Old Faithful if that gives you any idea of it's reliability. Has never left me stranded. I have only put money into it (other than usual wear items) was to replace a main fuel relay (one of the very few common problems these cars had) and replaced a valve cover gasket. Other than that it has been more than amazing. bought it for $1000 and could sell it tomorrow for the same, which I'm certainly not planning on doing. Get the 5 speed, it is more reliable (slightly) and better performance.