1992 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
240K Miles and Going To Donate Soon
By jmm11 on 08/11/11 12:26 PM (PDT)

1992 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I drive my wife's 1992 Honda Accord and it's been a great car. The things that strike others when the ride in it is how comfortable the ride is for compared to other mid size to small sedans. The current issues I have include: Rotors, Wheel Bearings, Tie Rods..Oil Leaks Rust..Interior rips in seats..Windshield Washer Fluid Dispenser..Pretty costly repairs that aren't worth it anymore..Donation Time! I also hate the timing belt...When considering these cars know that every 90K miles you have to get front of the engine removed to replace the timing belt. I think we've replaced it twice and it's coming up on a third time...$$$ Original Engine, Transmission and A/C Compressor.....Amazing!

A long line of owners
By Amanda on 10/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car from my brother; My brother bought it from my Mom. My mom bought it from a close friend. Because I'm 20, I don't know who originally bought it, but I have fond memories of riding to my first day of my new school (between elementary and middle), Camp Fire meetings and long car trips. I hope to have many more by driving. The car now has 200,000+ miles and is running as strong as can be expected for an 18 year old car.

Original Owner - 1st car & best car ever
By Sunshine on 05/14/10 08:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

My 92 Honda Accord is the most dependable vehicle I know. I still own my first and only vehicle. The engine still runs great! Change the oil every 3K/3 months. Stay up on routine maintenance. Change timing belt/water pump at 90K. Keep an eye on CV boots to avoid CV joint replacement. I have 240K miles on my car. Back in 1997, I drove it back and forth from Maryland to Florida numerous times. I've place high octane gas in my vehicle. My certified Honda mechanic tells me my car runs great, because I took care of it. Rust is an issue in these models, especially on the rear quarter panels. Take care of chipped paint ASAP. Wash & wax car to protect coat. My interior still looks great. No tears.

My FIRST car!
By Sarahbeth on 04/20/10 09:29 AM (PDT)

1992 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I'm eighteen years old and previously had gotten married and we had been attending college and never expected to get the amount back from school as we did. I had been looking for some wheels to get us to point a to point b. When i stumbled across a 1992 Honda Accord for $850! I took the car for a spin and it was at that very moment i fell in love. I've had it and it takes me everywhere. I already know I'm going to stick with my baby Honda for years on end.

Excellent Car
By HondaLover3 on 02/17/10 03:51 AM (PST)

1992 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

Loved the Car bought at 100,000 miles and drove it for a couple years with no problems, just reg maint. Oil change tune up etc, sold it when I hit 210,000 miles for a newer sport accord. Car driving like brand new when I sold it.

Good Car
By redone on 01/03/10 10:44 AM (PST)

1992 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

This has been a great car, got it in 1997 for my sixteenth birthday. It had around 40000 miles. Now thirteen years later and with 265000 it's still running strong. I've maintained it pretty well. Any car though as time passes has to have things replaced. Have put in a few radiators, window motors, stereo system, one clutch and clutch system, oil sending pump, etc... The clearcoat has peeled off on the roof and in a few other areas. Going to repaint it soon. No rust though in Alabama. I did buy a weekend sports car, an s2000. I commute to work in the accord and look forward to it everyday. Sometimes I think about upgrading to a new one but I grew up in this car and can't bear to see it go.

I love my Honda
By Sandra on 10/11/08 02:18 AM (PDT)

1992 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I have had my Honda for almost 5 yrs. It was the best investment that I ever made truly. It was my third car to have owned and I was kind of nervous picking it out at a tote the note used car lot. It had 123k when I bought it. it now has 210K. This car is perfect. I do virtually nothing to it, aside from general maintenance, and it still runs and handles very well. 5 yrs from now, when I am ready to retire it and save it as a starter car for my girls, I will be buying another Honda. If Honda had a middle and last name. it would be durability and reliability. When I bought this car, the guy asked what I was looking for, and I told him a car that had four doors and drove. It's all that+ more

To remember my car
By funbook on 06/12/08 13:26 PM (PDT)

1992 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

To me, this is the best purchase ever. I got my car 4 years ago. No problem at all. Every parts works very well including air condition. Unfortunately, some one hit me from back in the highway. Insurance company won't pay the repairing fee. Instead, they want to write it off from the book. I can't believe it is a 16 years old car. I just finished a trip over 1600 km. I really regret my loss. It is not about money. It is like I just lost a best friend. I can afford a new car. However, I can't find a reason to do that. Probably, it is time to change.

Best Car Ever
By AJB1 on 05/21/08 15:16 PM (PDT)

1992 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

Smooth Even Ride. Great acceleration on highway. Wish the seats weren't quite so low.

Good car, some maint after 150k.
By chekster on 04/12/08 20:35 PM (PDT)

1992 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

Orig owner. 200k+. Adequate power but won't win Indy (later V6 address this). Mileage 22-25 city, 28-30 hwy. Ride is comfy, 4+ hr trips-no aches. Good handling in summer, only okay in snow. Typical rust in rear wheel area. Kept up with routine maint. Reliable, BUT some add'l maint required likely due to age. <100k: ICU (window/elec ctrls), fan temp cable, muffler, drv door handle. >150k: right cv jnt, A/T shift cable, radiator, ac condenser, frt rotors & Ball jnts, muffler, resonator and front pipe, drv's pwr window mtr; Main relay went, only time car has broken down). Hood latch sticks. Still, despite the recent bills, I trust it more then other cars @ 200k; still a daily driver.