Used 1992 Honda Accord EX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Excellent Car (EX Sedan Automatic)
By creek2013

1992 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I don't think I can say much negative about this car - I'd say it has everything a driver needs plus more. I've been driving it for a little bit more than 3 years now - it is my first car. It's reliable, sporty, comfortable, and I think it looks awesome (no mods)! I happened to come across one that looked like new, and it rocks! Only minor problems so far I'd say - like hoses leaking, otherwise, great car. I think I just hit the 180000 mile mark - I think it has yet to hit it's break-in point...may drive this car for years to come!

1. Sporty - especially on the highway 2. Reliable 3. Looks cool 4. Comfortable 5. High-quality interior 6. I'm tall (about 6'1''), and I can get in and out easily; nor do I feel squashed when in the driver's seat (The seat can actually go back even further than where I normally have it!) - so good for tall people like me.

Oil filter placement (not really a big deal to me, but changing the filter in it's current placement can be a little tricky).

Better than my 99 EX-L??
By thafh

1992 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

This has got to be the best honda I've owned!! I owned a 99 EX-L in the early 2000s. It was a 5 speed too, but it had more room and leather/wood trim. This one is 7 years older, yet has everything that car has except the leather/wood! I only paid $1500 for this car in September of 2010. I paid $15,000 for my 99 in 2001. Even though it isn't a vtec either, there was only an 8hp difference from the 99. I'm still stumped on which one is better!! lol. My 92 has 258k on it, and the 99 had 191k on it when i sold it in 06... I've owned 5 accords in my life (3 91s, 92, 99) but the 92 and 99 ex's stand out! When I finish school, I plan on an 06-07 V6 sedan 6spd!

Manual transmission

auto trans; ac compressor

GREAT CAR
By megsiep52

1992 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I bought my accord with 219k miles on it a few months ago and it now has 236k miles on it. had to bleed the clutch, but it runs great. Leaks a little oil, but it's 18 years old and the leak is minimal at best. I love driving this car and even though I have a 1999 dodge minivan, I'd rather drive my accord and I trust the honda much more than the newer van. Great purchase! still retains more value than models 10 years newer! Love my car!!!k miles on it just a few months ago. Had to bleed the clutch, but since then, regular ROUTINE maintenence and it runs awesome. I've

I love that it's a manual, more control, especially in winter driving conditions. Cruise control works better than most other vehicles I've driven. Great acceleration and speed maintenence. all around good car.

Galvanized paint like used on volvos would be best for maintaining the paint job with minimal work.

I'll drive it till the wheels fall off
By Rene

1992 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

My step dad purchased this car brand new for 16k. He maintained it well with oil changes every 3k miles and not driving it hard. I wasn't exactly thrilled that this was going to be my first car and didn't expect it to last long as it already had 280k miles when I started driving it. That was 3 years ago. It now has 335k miles on it and I absolutely love this car. I will cry when it no longer runs. It is a manual and I've gotten a little over 500 miles out of one tank before. I think I average about 30-40mpg. I'm now doing research and test driving other cars for that sad day when I actually have to buy one. These are very well made and those who have problems obviously didn't take care of it

Power windows, excellent visibility, great gas mileage, sun roof, always starts right up, comfortable on long trips, lots of room and trunk space, great acceleration, peppy, decent speakers, I'm 5'5 and my step dads 6'2, we both drive it comfortably. Overall awesome car.

There are none, only that Honda needs to remake this car so I can buy another one!

First Import Car
By Pittsburgh Pa

1992 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I love my 1992 Honda Accord EX . I just purchased it, and had all fluids and tires changed. The ride is soft but firm, and the acceleration is outstanding. I am the second owner and it has been well cared for. I am sure I will have it for another 200 thousand miles as I see these cars never die. I parked next to a brand new car, and mine looked every bit as nice as the new car did. I am proud to have purchased a Honda.

Sun roof, cruise control, and the 4 speed automatic transmission.

The steering wheel sits too low, it is hard to get in and out of the car .