Used 1992 Honda Accord EX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

mild to wild....270k mi later
By MikeyMeyagi

1992 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

i got my accord for free from a buddy that was going into the marines. it had been neglected and abused, with 237k on it when i got it. still ran great and drove great. i liked it so much that i completely rebuilt it from the ground up. new paint, new interior, new suspension and brake systems, and a 430 hp turbocharged engine.seeing the look on people's faces when this car will keep up with, or beat their much more expensive sports cars is priceless.

ease to work on, gotta love a honda. the quality of build on these cars is very good. and the engines will run forever just about. my original had 253,000 when it was finally replaced, and it still ran great.

the rust behind the rear wheels that plagues older hondas.

Cute Little Tank
By nurse607

1992 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

I got this car as a beater for 1500 dollars in 2004. I've since put over 50,000 miles on it, and had only one mechanical problem that wasn't directly attributable to the infamous New York State snow rust. This thing has treated me so well, I've gotten 5 times my money out of it in under 4 years. I never bought a foreign car until this one, and I'm never buying anything but a Honda again. Every car I've had, which were all American pieces of garbage, had so many problems and were built terribly. This car, and Honda in general, are made FOR the people, FOR the long run. This vehicle is no joke, and is no exception to that rule. I got lucky and got one with all the options&it's over 200k miles!

loaded interior, smooth motor sunroof.. peppy engine. This car still looks and runs really well after 200 thousand miles. It's no race car, but will lay down some serious rubber when you really step on it. Definitely an unexpected trait!

turning radius... rust resistance... better radio antenna design (extended antenna will snap off with trunk lid open/close! But seriously, that is IT. This car is otherwise perfect and unstoppable!

Great car!
By colslaw87

1992 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

I bought my 1992 EX coupe roughly 2 years ago from a private dealer. Since then I have fell in love with the car. It is a blast to drive and gas milage is decent. I highly recommend the EX Accord as a first car for any teen or new driver!

Fun to drive, sunroof, great quality.

All honda's rust above the rear wheel and tend to leak in the trunk.

Super 92 AccEX Coupe
By Lin Red

1992 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

I purchased my 92 Honda Accord EX coupe with Manual transmission 13 years ago. I've been tremendously satisfied with my great car. During the first decade I did not have any significant problems. In the last couple of years I've finally had to replace the clutch and replace the timing belt for the second time. Aside for a few rattles and squeaks, this car still gets me to work every day. I bought an Acura TL but I cannot bring myself to sell this car.

Reliability, design and fun to drive. The quality is unbeatable

The radio it came with was never very good. I should have replaced it a lot earlier.

Great used car!
By Clancy

1992 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

I bought my Honda from a private party recently. Though it has 140K on the engine, the car runs perfectly and handles like a newer car. The ride is smooth and quiet and the gas mileage (25 mpg city) is more than acceptable. Based on other postings and things I've read this car should past 200,000 miles as long as the routine maintenence is done. What more does one need? From now on it's Honda (or maybe Subaru) only!

Moon roof, very comfortable bucket seats, and a good-sized trunk. The coupe has a spacious feel when you're in the front seat.

The cup holders are in a bad location, the center console is lame and the stock radio is mediocre at best, though the speakers are OK. Also, the auto tranny is a bit rough when shifting but I've been told to add some Lubegard to the next transmission fluid change and things will markedly improve.