Used 1992 Honda Accord DX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

1992 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Take care of it
By lilgeorge1110

1992 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan

This was my fist car. Previous owner obviously didn't take care of it. Had to replace transmission, and I replaced ecu myself. Other than that, really dependable car. Since I've fixed it, done regular maintenance on it, and has been good to me ever since. The abs machine went bad, yet it still breaks really good. Have over 160000 miles on it, and it still runs smooth. Pretty good gas mileage on it too. Don't know how much exactly, but it lasts. Would recommend someone getting this car.

Favorite Features

Pretty roomy, big trunk. Got 2 12s in there and there's still a good amount of space. Faster than a lot of other cars too.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holder is not that good. An h22a instead of the f22 engine would be really nice.

sweet
By ivo

1992 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan

recently underwent a financial reckoning and got rid of payments and paid $1500 for this little honda with 176k mi. didnt expect much, but it has been unbelievable in the 6 months i owned it. doesn't burn a drop of oil (even though seller told me he thought it may burn some - but this guy just fixed something on the engine and resold it to me), and has been much more dependable than my wife's '01 jetta. gas mileage is still 30 mpg+ and almost everything works (except for cig. lighter and windshield washer fluid). even though i saved up, i can't justify spending $15k on newer car. i keep thinking - for that money I can buy me 10 of these that do the same thing perfectly fine! KICK 4SS HONDA!!!

Favorite Features

dependability

Suggested Improvements

can't say that it is "fun to drive" except for the feeling of satisfaction in regards to value received.

225000 miles and still running strong.
By msyalor

1992 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan

What more can I say. Minimal maintentance, and when you do it can be expensive for parts. Starting to burn a little oil, but original engine, never touched. Replaced starter and radiator, and the basics. No major problems. Still gets good gas mileage. Engine is very strong for a car this old with this many miles. Rides better than my 2001 Civic.

Favorite Features

Reliabilty.

Suggested Improvements

Style

Old Faithful
By egeissal

1992 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan

I haven't had any major problems with this car since I've had it and it's got 184,000 miles! It's great for road trips because of the gas mileage and reliability. I've only had the breaks and a belt replaced and a tune- up. It's amazing.

Most Reliable Car
By BOOM!

1992 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan

This is the car I use to get around. My car has only had one problem, and thats caused by me. The car has 200,000 miles on it and still is running. I have run this car into the ground and its 4 cylinder engine continues to run well. As for performance, I have the base model DX with manual transmission, and I have to say it accelrates like you wouldn't believe. The car is so light that it accelerates, I'd say equivelent to a Porsche Carrera.

Favorite Features

Its high acceleration.