1992 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Take care of it
By lilgeorge1110 on 10/01/09 11:59 AM (PDT)

1992 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan

This was my fist car. Previous owner obviously didn't take care of it. Had to replace transmission, and I replaced ecu myself. Other than that, really dependable car. Since I've fixed it, done regular maintenance on it, and has been good to me ever since. The abs machine went bad, yet it still breaks really good. Have over 160000 miles on it, and it still runs smooth. Pretty good gas mileage on it too. Don't know how much exactly, but it lasts. Would recommend someone getting this car.

sweet
By ivo on 01/22/06 00:49 AM (PST)

1992 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan

recently underwent a financial reckoning and got rid of payments and paid $1500 for this little honda with 176k mi. didnt expect much, but it has been unbelievable in the 6 months i owned it. doesn't burn a drop of oil (even though seller told me he thought it may burn some - but this guy just fixed something on the engine and resold it to me), and has been much more dependable than my wife's '01 jetta. gas mileage is still 30 mpg+ and almost everything works (except for cig. lighter and windshield washer fluid). even though i saved up, i can't justify spending $15k on newer car. i keep thinking - for that money I can buy me 10 of these that do the same thing perfectly fine! KICK 4SS HONDA!!!

225000 miles and still running strong.
By msyalor on 05/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan

What more can I say. Minimal maintentance, and when you do it can be expensive for parts. Starting to burn a little oil, but original engine, never touched. Replaced starter and radiator, and the basics. No major problems. Still gets good gas mileage. Engine is very strong for a car this old with this many miles. Rides better than my 2001 Civic.

Old Faithful
By egeissal on 08/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan

I haven't had any major problems with this car since I've had it and it's got 184,000 miles! It's great for road trips because of the gas mileage and reliability. I've only had the breaks and a belt replaced and a tune- up. It's amazing.

Most Reliable Car
By BOOM! on 01/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan

This is the car I use to get around. My car has only had one problem, and thats caused by me. The car has 200,000 miles on it and still is running. I have run this car into the ground and its 4 cylinder engine continues to run well. As for performance, I have the base model DX with manual transmission, and I have to say it accelrates like you wouldn't believe. The car is so light that it accelerates, I'd say equivelent to a Porsche Carrera.

1992 Honda Accord EX
By crbunch on 01/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan

Best automobile I've every owned. Almost 95,000 before I changed the front brakes. No trouble at all with the engine, still runs and performs well. Have had some problems with cv joint replacement, but other than this and some A/C problems the car has been great. After 10 yrs. in the sun the paint job is oxidizing, but I guess this should be expected. I love this car, would like to have a pick-up but can't bring myself to trade up. This car has some features that many of the American cars didn't incorperate until years later.

Extremely Reliable and Superb Performanc
By Car Fan on 03/03/02 18:05 PM (PST)

1992 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan

This is the best car I've ever owned. The engine is the best. This is usually the case for Japanese car. But I have drivine Toyota Camry, Honda Accord is no doubt even better than that. The engine never had any problems since I bought it ten years ago. I think you could expect it lasts for 200,000 miles before it has some problems. On top of that, very fuel efficient, trasmission very smooth, with great exterior design (the silver edge around the window looks great)

Extremely Reliable and Superb Performanc
By Car Fan on 03/03/02 18:05 PM (PST)