Used 1992 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

1992 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Not impressed
By johnnyspiker

1992 Honda Accord EX 4dr Wagon

This car jerks like no other. I'd rather have a GM car, but not bad on reliability at this tie they were defintley better than GM. If looking for this used I'd recomend but not new.

Expensive Repairs
By rams007

1992 Honda Accord EX 4dr Wagon

I bought a 1992 Accord EX wagon with 155,000 miles on it. First thing to go was the master cylinder - $200+. Then the the CV joints - $150 each. Then the key lock locked the key in the ignition - $100. After replacing the CV joints it took only 15,000 miles and the left one was out. These were OEM parts mind you. Then there's the timing belt that must be replaced every 90,000 - $600. I like Hondas but I would trade it before the warranty for sure. Buyer beware. I also had a Ford Crown Vic that got 24 mpg on the road and was still going strong at 260,000 miles. Repair costs - cheap.

Favorite Features

Sportiness

great car, but I'm selling mine!
By rebaaron

1992 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I've had this car since '97 and it's coming up on 174K miles. The first 130K were great and then repairs started happening (as I would expect) - and they're expensive! The car developed 4 major oil leaks, the brakes needed replacing which is expensive on these (4-wheel disks and press-on rotors), and last week I had a suspension spring break which evidently is common. This is my second Accord ('86 which lasted 190K) and it's a great car - but time to move on!

Favorite Features

exterior styling (great looking car), handling

Suggested Improvements

could use more power

Accord LX
By butterfly

1992 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I have had this Accord since it had 28480 miles on it. It has now 203,700 miles. It has had master cylinder replaced, radiator, power window electronics, and main relay. It currently needs paint it looks terrible!!! It has a small power steering leak and it must have an oil pan gasket leak as it is always wet when I change the oil. Honda so called fixed the PS leak but it reoccured 1 year later and they refused to repair under warranty. That dealership has had a lot of problems over the years. A lot of personnel changes. Honda refuses to acknowledge its defects and I'm skeptical about buying another Honda. I'm not thrilled with the other offerings out there either. Its been a good car overall.

Favorite Features

Armrest, controls to open and close each vent, great AC and heater. Nice interior and ergo setup of controls, cruise control, trunk space good and setbacks let down. fuel economy ave. is 28 mpg in mixed driving. Underpowered for todays driving but is sufficient if not in heavy high speed traffic oft

Suggested Improvements

Honda made some improvments but I'm leery because of the very bad reputation they have made for themselves and this is widespread and universal. I haven't read anything about how good someone was treated when they had brought their Honda in to have a defect fixed by a Honda dealer. My ears are open!

Been a GREAT car so far!
By of1accord

1992 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

This car has been a fabulous car from the day we got it! Honestly, this car has not given us one minute of trouble. We are a family of four (2 elementary age children) and it serves us well. Highway fuel mileage could be a bit better than the ~28 - 29 mpg but hey we do not have any car payments and repair costs have thus far been nill. If you are looking for one very dependable car and you find one of these that does not have any rust and the interior is nice, I'd say go for it even tho it might have 150 - 200K miles on it! If you are mechanically inclined (like me) they aren't that hard to work on either. Just do routine maintenance (i.e. oil changes) and it will treat you good!

Favorite Features

Low and wide stance. Smooth running engine.

Suggested Improvements

Can't think of any that would apply as most have been addressed in the newer models