1991 Honda Accord Consumer Review: Reliability is what it's all a

1991 Honda Accord - Consumer Review

Reliability is what it's all about
By Alan on

1991 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

Reliability in a car is most important to me. Presently the car has 293k and still retains a good bit of the original parts. Other than the usual tires, brakes, exhaust replacements and timing belt every 90k I've had few problems. Yes, the ignitor failed at 115k but the dealer covered it under recall in '96. Try to get Ford or Chevy to do that! The distributor bearing went at 157k, the alternator lasted 240k and I finally had to do the axles. A few problems have cropped up recently but geez, most other cars wouldn't have even made it this far! So what if I use a quart of oil every 750 miles.Oil is cheap! 12 years,20 below or 100 above, it has started 8758 out of 8760 tries. That's reliable!

Fun to drive with stick, Great mileage if you drive it sensibly. I can't seem to. It wants to go 80. I have gotten 37 on a 400 trip with the cruise on at 65. More real life numbers are 28 to 33. The thing is like a camel though with the 17 gal tank. It goes forever!

Just unplug the power to the stupid antenna mast when its extended and forget about it! Bad design. Keep after the rust around the rear tires, or only drive it in Arizona.