Problems few and far between
By Roy4 on
1991 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan
This car now has well over 230,000 miles on it...and I find it hard to believe that any American car performs as well, is as reliable, or looks better then my 11 year old baby. My parents purchased the car new in 1991, and gave it to me 5 years ago (16th birthday)...and it still performs flawlessly. The powertrain is unstoppable, the ride is refined and controled even at illegal speeds, the interior materials still look brand new (though I did have to replace the drivers interior door handle after it broke...no big woop)...I'm trying to run this thing into the ground so I can justify a new Accord...but the damn thing won't break!!!
Favorite Features
Interior layout and controls, ride and handling, somehow this car manages to act like one that only 3 or 4 years old. Chevy and Ford need a few lessons from Honda.
Suggested Improvements
2 complaints: First, my car sometimes will not start on very hot days...I have heard similar complaints from older Honda owners, and when I take it to the dealer, they tell me nothing is wrong with it. Second it could use a serious brake upgrade. The rotors warp and overheat easily.