Used 1991 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Great Car
By Runnerr

1991 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car about 6 months ago for $1700. One of the best cars I have ever owned. I test drove the 2005 Civic but the 91 overall was a better car. And only about 10% of the price. Changed plugs, wires, oil filler cap, valve gasket cover. Just bought new struts and adjustible coilover springs. Replacing windshield. And repainting the entire car in June due to the rust on the passenger side like all 90 -93s. Runs very strong, will drive anywhere!!

Favorite Features

Its a 1991 not too many. Runs like a champ!

Reliability is what it's all about
By Alan

1991 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

Reliability in a car is most important to me. Presently the car has 293k and still retains a good bit of the original parts. Other than the usual tires, brakes, exhaust replacements and timing belt every 90k I've had few problems. Yes, the ignitor failed at 115k but the dealer covered it under recall in '96. Try to get Ford or Chevy to do that! The distributor bearing went at 157k, the alternator lasted 240k and I finally had to do the axles. A few problems have cropped up recently but geez, most other cars wouldn't have even made it this far! So what if I use a quart of oil every 750 miles.Oil is cheap! 12 years,20 below or 100 above, it has started 8758 out of 8760 tries. That's reliable!

Favorite Features

Fun to drive with stick, Great mileage if you drive it sensibly. I can't seem to. It wants to go 80. I have gotten 37 on a 400 trip with the cruise on at 65. More real life numbers are 28 to 33. The thing is like a camel though with the 17 gal tank. It goes forever!

Suggested Improvements

Just unplug the power to the stupid antenna mast when its extended and forget about it! Bad design. Keep after the rust around the rear tires, or only drive it in Arizona.

Still going strong
By Marks

1991 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan

This 4-door DX we bought new has gone almost 130,000 miles, and has been in daily use for 14 years. This year we broke down and replaced the motor mounts to eliminate some engine vibration. The only other significant expenses have been two timing belts and two mufflers. This car continues to amaze us with its durable good looks, inside and out, and its reliable performance. It has become almost a member of the family! Guess we'll keep on postponing any thoughts of replacing it. Wish all cars were this good.

Favorite Features

Classic styling, durable and attractive interior, comfortable seats. High reliability.

Very Reliable Vehicle!
By AdamHonda91

1991 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 111k miles it now has 245k + and still running strong with no repairs except for a timing belt and plugs at 220k miles. This car gets a steady 32mpg and is great to drive!

Favorite Features

This vehicle is very solid, and is a tight well handling ride!

Suggested Improvements

My only complaint about the vehicle would be the cup holder. It is located in a horrible place, that makes is hard to use.

Solid Car
By rsugg

1991 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

Bought the car from a private owner almost a year ago. Replaced radiator, axle seal, oil seal and A/C spending a lot more than what I wanted to on a nearly 15 year old car. But I could have spent the purchase price plus the price of repairs on a newer car and still not have as good a used vehicle as this one. Very solid car in and out for its age.

Favorite Features

Comfortable, good handling, acceleration and gas mileage. 5 speed stick is fun to use and sun roof is nice to have.

Suggested Improvements

Same as most - I have yet to completely figure out the trunk leak and I've replaced the interior door handles