Used 1991 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Great Little Car
By Wonderful Car

1991 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

Bought this car used a second hand vehicle and wow, what a smart move. Only had to perform routine maintenance (oil and filter change, water pump,timing belt, tires, alignment). This car handles and looks like a sports car with phenomenal gas mileage (380 miles to the tank) and is UNBREAKABLE. Now has 194k miles and still going strong. Honda should have kept this body style around a lot longer than it did. It is a great car.

Looks, handling, sunroof, fuel economy, reliability. You really have to try to break this car!

Automatic transmission shifts roughly, the cupholders are too small, car vibrates when idling that seems to be unfixable, could use a bit more power. All these issues have been addressed on later models though.

I'm back Honda
By PickHonda

1991 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

3 yrs ago I sold my Integra and have missed it everyday. I bought a Mazda/Ford 626 and regret it. Since its sat broken for the last yr, I needed something to get me to work and school. I found my Accord for sell for a scamp $900. It had a dented fender and a $100 paint job. It's got over 220k, but that didn't discourage me. It runs like a Honda (like a Swiss watch). Balanced and beautiful. It's not the most powerful, but with the 5spd, it makes it fun. I love the sound of a high revving Honda. I don't like having the same car as everyone else, but there is a reason for that. You don't mess with perfection. I'm not saying Hondas are without fault, but compared to everything else, it almost is.

Everything, even those dumb seatbelts. Great drivetrain, brakes, room, safety, style, gas mileage, a/c, reliabilty, insurance cost, ABSOLUTELY the best car, new or used. Don't let 200+k discourage you from buying one. There cheap and will go forever.

Umh, well since this car is old, I'll suggest personal improvements: Tokico shocks, wider tires, short shifter, intake, exhaust, high rate springs. To those who knock fixing up imports,just drive one for a while. You'll see you don't have to have 400hp to have fun.

1991 Black Beauty-5speed
By Crazy about Imports

1991 Honda Accord EX 4dr Wagon

This car has 207,000! The hatch is so great for hauling anything and the styling still looks great. Much more economical on gas than a van or SUV and more fun to drive. My husband had reservations about a wagon but he now loves the versatility and how much we can pack in it. The fact that the rear bottom seat cushions pull up for extra storage & cleaning is way cool. The seats are still firm after 16 years. We have had the usual replacing of old and worn parts but it has been an exceptional car. It is unfortunate that Honda does not make them anymore in a car market full of wagons & crossovers. It will be sold soon to make way for way for a Toyota Prius that we have on order.

Reliability!! 5-speed, moonroof, driving lights, flip up rear seat bottoms. cargo cover & net, sharp styling, paint-black with gold metalflake

None for it being a '91. Thank goodness that Honda has changed those little moisture trapping rubber seals around the wheel wells. I ripped mine off shortly after I bought it with 74,000 miles on it,when mine was 2 years old but it was already too late. It has a little cancer on the driver's side.

adair's Honda accord
By adair

1991 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I loved my Honda Accord. It let me down on only 2 occasions. Dead battery and radiator leak, requiring a replacemnt radiator. It has been zippy, easy to handle, fun to drive and I felt safe in it. It was stolen 6 months after I purchased it and required over $5000 in repairs. The only thing that really bothered me about it was the need to use the air conditioning in winter to keep the interior glass/windshield clear. Consequently, when it came time to refurbish the air, I needed to get it converted to the new air conditioning filler. This was expensive, but ended up being worth it. I would recommend a Honda to anyone who is considering purchasing a new or used car

Front wheel drive. Power assist steering. Power exterior mirrors.

I'm sure there is some reason front windshields do not have electric defrosters, but that would be a great help on snowy, icy days as would the exterior mirrors.

By hon-da-man

1991 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

No major problems with this one, bought it new from the dealer and had to sell it with 196k on it for $4000. Bought an Acura to replace it, shoulda kept both. decent gas mileage at 28 mpg. Make sure you get high rated tires, this car can handle the turns.

Antennas are awful. Had to replace it twice.