1991 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Indestructible
By Joshua Herod on 01/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

My Honda Accord is the most reliable, indestructible vehicle I've ever owned. I've been through 3 moderately serious accidents, and yet it continues to run like the day I first got it. With over 261K miles on the original engine, it's hard to deny the fact that Hondas are one of the most reliable vehicles out there. Even with the high miles, the engine still has really good power for a four- cylinder. I have an automatic, and it's geared exceptionally well.

sporty wagon reliable
By byrofree on 01/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Honda Accord EX 4dr Wagon

Great car for price, mine has over 180000 miles and the engine and transmission are strong. Installed cold air filter helped increase top end power. Regular maintenance-and worn parts, but car overall is strong and reliable. ALWAYS replace main relay switch as these go bad in hot humid weather.

Great car if it does not kill you
By almostaccordfan on 12/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

My wife and I purchased this car in February 91. We have taken moderately good care of it and it still looks and drives great. But it has dangerously stranded us twice. At 80,000 miles the distributor went out stranding my wife at night on a rural Texas road. There had been a recall on the offending distributor but Honda never told us. At 110,000 miles something else electrical went out on a broiling hot day, on a treeless rural road stranding us with our newborn. A couple of state troopers drove slowly by in their air conditioned car, looked us over and drove off. I hated them worse than Honda at that moment.

Why does the paint peel off?
By MichelleT on 10/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I don't understand why Honda does not recall cars from this year - every one I see on the road has the paint half peeled off. It has become a running joke in my family also because each time we get in the car to go somewhere, another piece of the fabric decorating the various parts of the car falls off. What is that flapping sound? Oh, it's just half of my door that is hanging out. Also the trunk leaks horribly. P.U.

Super Car
By lushan on 09/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

Awesome Car..cant beat the relailbility and the drive...engine rocks...very responsive...feel the road!

Where is the Honda reliability?
By rock12 on 09/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in 1-03 for a commuter car. It had 102k when it was purchased. The very next week the radiator was replaced. The following month it started idling poorly, and a gouged cylinder was diagnosed. The engine now needs replaced. The A/C now doesn't work, and the transmission is starting to have problems of its own. There is a water leak in the trunk somewhere, who knows where. I have had 3 used Oldsmobiles in the past all with less problems combined than this one vehicle. Either my bad luck is overwhelming, or Hondas are not all they're cracked up to be.

Marathon Man
By long runner on 08/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord SE 4dr Sedan

This car just goes and goes... 13 yrs old 180M+ miles Other than oil & filter changes, Repairs limited to tires, timing belt (2), Brakes (72M miles), muffler (1) Fuel mileage: 27 city 34 highway Spark plugs replaced once. Paint in excellent shape. No rust!!!

she's still kickin'!!
By tr0s on 08/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord DX 2dr Coupe

I bought this car with 134k on it for just under 5 grand when i was in high school. I figured, it's a honda so it'll last. I had no idea. after regular maintenance (timing belt/waterpump, brakes, oil, etc) this car has been very dependable. i've replaced the radiator, tranny, and torque converter. On the coldest days it fires right up and takes off, no warm up time or anything. I strongly recommend honda to anyone!

True Machine
By SilvaCelicaGTS on 07/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

This car is very impressive. I mean as far as reliability. It has 182K miles and runs as good as some brand new cars i have driven. Change the Oil every 3K and watch the transmission fluid and this car will last you forever!!

Best used car I have ever owned.
By schooner on 07/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord EX 4dr Wagon

I have owned many used cars in the past, and this one puts to rest the feeling that I will need to buy another anytime soon. I got a whole lot more than I paid for. At 115,000 miles, I cannot believe the smoothness of the ride and how immacualet the interior is. I think I will be able to get another EASY 100,000 miles out of it. Great car.