Used 1991 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

My Honda
By tnfhonda

1991 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I have owned my '91 Accord for two years now, and it is pushing 200,000 miles. It's a pretty good car. I'm learning how to maintain it and I'm adding new things to it all the time. On long highway trips I can hold this car steady at 90mph easily. I can even hang with BMWs! It's a great car.

Sunroof. Very easy to steer. I can hug those corners.

Brakes could be better, needs bigger rotors.

Sad to see this beauty go
By Pete

1991 Honda Accord LX 4dr Wagon

Had to finally trade this beauty in on a new Honda Civic EX for our daughter. Bought right after Desert Storm, and have driven this great car on German Autobahns at 125 mph, to and from Army posts around the US for the last 16 + years. Paint went due to a factory problem within a year, then had a hail storm in Kansas, then another hail storm in Germany. Rust at rear right wheel well, antenna does not retract all the way, and drivers door window out of track. Regular maintenance, but time to move on... In our driveway is a 97 Accord LX Wagon, in out garage is a 2006 Subaru Outback XT, and now our daughter will have a 2007 Civic. Honda has to make a wagon or crossover based on the Accord!!

Reliability, space, and absolute fun to drive.

Make a new one NOW!

I'll miss this car!
By Gilmore

1991 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

I bought this car back in '03 from the 2nd owner, the 1st was a honda salesman at the local dealer. My owner's manual has his name in it! He's sold my wife's family many cars over the years. Including the '04 Accord she drives now! I love this car more than any car I've owned but the fam's growing so I'll be upgrading to a newer 4 dr Accord soon. I just felt like telling everyone what a great car this has been for me. It's been very reliable and aside from the rear quarter panel rust, which is par for this model, this '91 still looks great. I wish it had 4 doors! 16 yrs old, and I'll still get about $1000 for it. Whoever buys it could probably put another 50k on it too! Hondas Rule!

Reliable, Fun to Drive, Stylish, Comfortable driver seat, Handles like a sports car, Value Retention, Good Speakers, Always Starts!!!

Dome light stopped working for driver door, Antenas poor, the aforementioned rust, lack of doors.

reliable old car
By 91 accord wagon

1991 Honda Accord LX 4dr Wagon

This is one of the best Honda's I've owned. The car has been family owned since new and I bought it in 1999 with 97,000 miles. I have done all the scheduled maintenance and I have never had any reliability problems. Now the car is 16 years old with 160,000 miles and it still runs and looks perfect. I have driven in commute traffic and still get around 25-30 mpg. I wish the car had the manual transmission, but the automatic is easier in traffic. The car is well balanced when driven in the snow, and can hold a lot of cargo especially with the back seat folded flat. I have had several offers to sell, but I plan on keeping this car until 200K or more.

Reliability, comfort, and utility.

Build them again.

What a Sweet Ride!
By NewbHonda

1991 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I just got the car today (12/16/2006, has 152K on it. I have seen the reviews with the timing belt, i will follow them well, not had any problems with it so far. Just started driving a Stick about two months ago. :) Car is fun to drive, easy too kill it sometimes, but over all i give it a ++10!

Great Gas Mileage!

The Cup Holder is on the Dash. YUK. Can't drive and Reach for it.