Used 1991 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Twelve years still like new
By Mcync on 11/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car twelve years ago. after 5 years,(off warranty) the paint on top of the roof faded. I complaint to Honda of America and the company representative authorized the dealer to repaint my car completely. This includes stripping down the windshield, and baked after painting ...at no cost. I was surprised and intriqued by the fact they stand behind their customers (the company, not the dealers) Nevertheless, I bought my subsequent cars from Honda. My 91 model had radiator replace @ 8 years, Driver's window adjusted, and nothing else....great car!

Good for its time
By Noah on 10/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I have owned this car for just over a year and haven't found it to be as "bullet-proof" as my other (86 Accord LXi and 87 Prelude Si) Hondas. It does get good mileage, handles well, and is well-built. It shows its age in the design of cup holders, passive restraint seatbelts, and the size of the cabin. Still in all, it runs well and is reliable.

Wear & Tear = $$$$$$
By aka The Maestro on 08/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

The vehicle was purchased more than two years ago. I bought it with only 76000 miles. When I had it for the first year, nothing was wrong with the car. Then as months passed by I realized that I had to changed the radiator, wheel axle and finally the worst of all the window motor broke. They all add up , a lot of money. That sucked so much.

Great car for the money
By lenny@serrani.com on 08/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I got this as a 3rd car to run long trips (150 mi). I was impressed with the shape it was in for a 10 year old car. That says a lot for the honda design. This is my first Honda and would buy one again. I actually find myself taking the honda instead of my NEW cars. I get 26 mpg (i don't drive slow) and put on 25K mi. already with no major problems. (just some break jobs). Just a great car!

Always reliable
By sdgrant on 06/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I bought my Accord SE Sedan in Oct. '98 with 48,500 miles. I've added almost 100K miles since, and it has been extremely reliable and consistent. The leather interior and extra 15 HP and 5 pd.-ft. of torque over the DX, EX, and LX models are nice, too. I think it accelerates better than our 2002 Mustang V6 convertible. No major maintenance other than timing belt. Sometimes doesn't start because of typical problem with fuel pump relay, but that's a known problem, and I just key off/on until it goes.

400,000 kms and counting
By MDCalgary on 06/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

Great Car. Very little maintenance required to get me to 400 000 kms. Highly recommended.

was^
By little nikky on 06/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

It has broken down a couple of times.

Great Car!!!
By jefooo on 06/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

My car has over 165K in miles and continues to have as much power as the first day I bought it, plus, it starts on the first crank. Mechanically sound vehicle! My friend has the same car with 318K in miles. It drives the same as mine. I am just compoletely impressed with my car and every other HOnda I have ever owned!

Problems few and far between
By Roy4 on 05/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

This car now has well over 230,000 miles on it...and I find it hard to believe that any American car performs as well, is as reliable, or looks better then my 11 year old baby. My parents purchased the car new in 1991, and gave it to me 5 years ago (16th birthday)...and it still performs flawlessly. The powertrain is unstoppable, the ride is refined and controled even at illegal speeds, the interior materials still look brand new (though I did have to replace the drivers interior door handle after it broke...no big woop)...I'm trying to run this thing into the ground so I can justify a new Accord...but the damn thing won't break!!!

Hondas forever!
By lovemyhonda on 05/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

This was my first Honda- I bought it when it was 4 years old with 65,000 miles on it. I have since put another 120,000 miles on it and it runs as well as it did when I bought it. All you need to do with these cars is change the oil and replace the timing belt now and again! I am treating myself to a 1998 Accord, otherwise I would keep this one for another 60,000 miles. You cannot beat a Honda Accord- they look great, run well and are low maintenance vehicles. I am a lifer!