Used 1991 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

1991 Honda Accord Sedan

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Theres cars and then theres Hondas
By bubrubandlilsis

1991 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car a little over two years ago. So far to me it would have been superb in reliability but i failed to change the timing belt when the car reached 85,000 miles and put a 1500$ dent in my pocket. Just remember if you own one of them to change the timing belt when needed! Other then that instance the car has been great and I love it. After a few add ons like Prelude Rims, a spoiler, and a brand new paint job, this car is mechanically in great shape and looks immmaculate and sleek. The car is just about to surpass 100K miles,I only put on 20K, and its to bad im going to have to sell it soon.

Favorite Features

The stickshift adds alot of fun to the thrill of driving. Gas mileage is great. The look is extrenely sleek whith the right at ons.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holder is most definitly a pain in the neck when having a larger size drink. Auto seatbelts are anoying in some instances. Door handles broke. No major impovements needed though.

1991 Accord Review
By Ryan

1991 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

Despite the 246,000 miles on the odometer, this car remains a reliable daily driver.

Favorite Features

Enjoy the smooth shifting 5-speed.

Suggested Improvements

Rust at rear wheel wells is typical for these years.

What's not to love?
By TexasRooster

1991 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I've owned my '91 Accord EX for close to 10 years (I'm the 2nd owner), and have logged close to 200k of its 243k miles. This is the epitome of reliable, inexpensive transportation, with a good touch of class thrown in. Everything runs as smoothly as it did the day I bought it. No problems with body integrity or rust (although I do live in the snow-free South), and the sunroof has never had a leak. I have had a problem with the trunk leaking from time to time, however. Excellent brakes and handling, though the automatic transmission hasn't always been the smoothest-shifting. Fuel economy is good--I get about 26 mpg on the highway, around 22 in the city. A lot to love about this car!

Favorite Features

Body style/looks, overall build quality, logical instrument/control placement and design, brakes, inexpensive to own (service, parts, etc).

Suggested Improvements

Seals around trunk and tail-light housings, smoother-shifting transmission.

Hail Honda!
By Merlin27316

1991 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I've been driving this car for 13 years. I've replaced the timing belt twice as a preventitive measure and kept the oil changed anywhere from 3500-4000 mile intervals. I switched to Synthetic at 200,000 miles and still only lose 1/2 quart between oil changes and that appears to be through gaskets. Original clutch, alternator, A/C, starter, you name it. This car has never "broke down". My daughter rode in this car at 3 years of age and now she's driving it. I should have gone with the automatic trans but couldn't afford it at the time.

Favorite Features

Reliability, space (passenger and cargo), and gas milage. Why drive a shoebox for an additional 4 or 5 mpg?

Suggested Improvements

Remove the area on the dash where passengers can place "stuff". Things in the passenger compartment should be stored where they will be secured.

Clockwork.
By NCSUfan17

1991 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Amazingly competent and RELIABLE ride. I purchased this car with 155,000 miles on the clock. It's now sitting on 185K, no major repairs whatsoever, still in excellent shape except for needing a motor mount (not so bad at 185K miles) and faded paint (13 years of non-garaged life take their toll). This car has been great to us, amazingly reliable, engine still pulls strong and transmission shifts smoothly. Decently fun to drive, comfortable, nice steering and handling, handsome if somewhat boring exterior. Great car, no regrets whatsoever. See you at 250,000!

Favorite Features

Reliability. Reliability. Reliability. Capable handling and comfort. Does just about everything well. Good mileage with acceptable power. Did I mention reliability?

Suggested Improvements

Can you make the motor mounts last 250K like the rest of the car? Manifests itself as a shaky idle. Stock sound system is mediocre. Car could use a shot of personality.