1991 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Still going strong
By Marks on 11/28/05 16:49 PM (PST)

1991 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan

This 4-door DX we bought new has gone almost 130,000 miles, and has been in daily use for 14 years. This year we broke down and replaced the motor mounts to eliminate some engine vibration. The only other significant expenses have been two timing belts and two mufflers. This car continues to amaze us with its durable good looks, inside and out, and its reliable performance. It has become almost a member of the family! Guess we'll keep on postponing any thoughts of replacing it. Wish all cars were this good.

Very Reliable Vehicle!
By AdamHonda91 on 11/08/05 14:19 PM (PST)

1991 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 111k miles it now has 245k + and still running strong with no repairs except for a timing belt and plugs at 220k miles. This car gets a steady 32mpg and is great to drive!

Solid Car
By rsugg on 10/13/05 14:29 PM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

Bought the car from a private owner almost a year ago. Replaced radiator, axle seal, oil seal and A/C spending a lot more than what I wanted to on a nearly 15 year old car. But I could have spent the purchase price plus the price of repairs on a newer car and still not have as good a used vehicle as this one. Very solid car in and out for its age.

Best Car Out There!
By Neuman on 08/20/05 15:36 PM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

Wow, this car is unbelievable! I have never had a problem with it since the day I bought it to present day. It is extremely reliable, starts up every time hot or cold. It runs very smoothly no sputtering, this car runs the same as it did when I drove it off the lot..I bot it with 184K miles on it, and it now has 245K miles on it and still runs like new, IT WONT DIE..after all its a Honda...Retail value still at $3400 not bad for a 14 year old car! Oh and its very economical, between 450- 460 miles to the tank!

Honda Wagons Rule !!
By Jane W. on 08/15/05 21:30 PM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord EX 4dr Wagon

I purchased my EX wagon new and have kept it serviced when scheduled. It is a great car and I can't understand why Honda doesn't bring back the wagon. The five speed transmission is fun to drive although the 4 cylinder engine doesn't have alot of "get up and go". But, it sure beats the mileage of the trucks and SUV's that fly past me at a take-off with their gas gauges nearing empty. I've driven my Honda from Ontario, Ca. to San Francisco with gas to spare. The car has given me nearly 280,000 miles and I'm sure will get to 350,000 before a new engine is needed. I replaced the factory clutch at 212,000 miles. What more could one ask for in a car ?

Excellent Car
By Doug on 07/26/05 16:43 PM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

This is a great car. The interior design was excellent for this year. It makes it seem like it is actually a lot younger. It has a peppy engine, which is great. The reliability has been great. I would highly suggest buying it.

Theres cars and then theres Hondas
By bubrubandlilsis on 06/26/05 20:14 PM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car a little over two years ago. So far to me it would have been superb in reliability but i failed to change the timing belt when the car reached 85,000 miles and put a 1500$ dent in my pocket. Just remember if you own one of them to change the timing belt when needed! Other then that instance the car has been great and I love it. After a few add ons like Prelude Rims, a spoiler, and a brand new paint job, this car is mechanically in great shape and looks immmaculate and sleek. The car is just about to surpass 100K miles,I only put on 20K, and its to bad im going to have to sell it soon.

1991 Accord Review
By Ryan on 04/23/05 18:48 PM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

Despite the 246,000 miles on the odometer, this car remains a reliable daily driver.

Best Car I Have Owned
By Graham on 03/21/05 14:25 PM (PST)

1991 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

255,000 miles, and only now has it started to burn oil. I may install a rebuilt engine in order to keep using it.

What's not to love?
By TexasRooster on 12/24/04 15:50 PM (PST)

1991 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I've owned my '91 Accord EX for close to 10 years (I'm the 2nd owner), and have logged close to 200k of its 243k miles. This is the epitome of reliable, inexpensive transportation, with a good touch of class thrown in. Everything runs as smoothly as it did the day I bought it. No problems with body integrity or rust (although I do live in the snow-free South), and the sunroof has never had a leak. I have had a problem with the trunk leaking from time to time, however. Excellent brakes and handling, though the automatic transmission hasn't always been the smoothest-shifting. Fuel economy is good--I get about 26 mpg on the highway, around 22 in the city. A lot to love about this car!