1991 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Best car ever!
By bigsquat on 04/04/08 13:05 PM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord DX 2dr Coupe

We bought this car new in '91 and just yesterday bought a new car to replace it. This is by far the best car we've ever owned and has been a reliability champ. Rust through in the rear fenders due to climate and winter driving are the only issues we've had over 17 years owning it. Honda is best car manufacturer in terms of reliability and quality, hands down. We just bought a new Pilot yesterday and I would be shocked if we don't get the same quality and reliability out of it as this Accord. We're donating it to charity since it still runs perfectly and still has years to go. Unfortunately, trade-in value is negligible at this point, so better to give it to a needy soul than a dealer!

Amazing Honda
By kamran on 03/20/08 12:15 PM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I bought Honda EXR 5 years back.It already had over 200,000 KM on it.I drove it a lot and now it has over 400,000 km.Never had any major mechanical problem, except regular maintenance.I love to drive it. Still having good gas mileage. Only problem it has "RUST." Due to rust, I guess I have to replace it.

Goodbye trusty friend
By darren on 02/03/08 09:19 AM (PST)

1991 Honda Accord EX 4dr Wagon

I loved this car. Purchased used w/140k on it 6 years ago. Sold it this week, with 225k. The interior STILL LOOKS NEW. The ride was like a cruise-missle-on-rails. Handling would put most sports cars to shame. Would go fast if you pushed it. Had to get used to the auto trannys whiplash shifting. Very versatile/useful for small family. Comfy on long hauls. Experienced 400-600$ in repairs annually, INCLUDING TIRES but that can be expected if you drive old cars. Did have to replace motor at 215k- suspected that damage due to faulty oil maintenance before I owned it finally caught up with it.Old engine consumed 2+qts between changes. Now needs less than 1qt. The car has gone on to its 4th happy owner.

My Honda Wagon
By Walter on 11/25/07 18:26 PM (PST)

1991 Honda Accord EX 4dr Wagon

This is an outstanding vehicle, I have 199,657 miles on this vehicle. It always accelerated well taking off and when I needed to pick up speed. I drive it to work 5 days some times 6 days a week. Never had any major mechanical work done. I plan to drive it for another 100,000 miles or have it overhaul if it is ever needed.

Best car ever!
By mrsdesertkitty on 09/16/07 07:15 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I love this car. I bought it on the back lot of a dealership as is. Only changed a few normal parts. Battery, thermostat, ignition switch, and main relay. Still drives like its brand new at 144,000 miles. The antenna does not work and cup holders in a bad place. People laugh but I will own this car for my entire life. Thank you Mr. Honda!

My Honda was awesome!
By stgermain03 on 08/12/07 11:48 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

My Honda Accord was the best car I ever owned! I drive an average of over 100 miles a day and only had to fill the beauty up once every 2 weeks! This car would leave other cars in the dust. At 90mph the tach was barely hitting 3k! I finally sold it to a gal with her permit when the odomiter hit 230k. I really really miss it, but know that it is a great car for a kid to learn how to drive in. Very reliable, safe in the snow, and just overall fun to drive.

Honda's Worst Disappointment
By Esoterica on 06/23/07 13:25 PM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I can not express how much trouble this car was for me. Having been a dedicated Honda owner of all types I never imagined them creating a lemon. Granted I had bought it used but that was never a problem before. From overheating to a faulty ignition and distributor problems it was the least dependable car I've ever owned.(I thought Chrysler products were bad about leaving you stranded on the side of the road. There is an obvious reason Honda only manufactured this style for 3 years. I almost paid extra money for the Acura version. Probably should have. I ended up selling it at a major loss just to get it out of my driveway.

Very reliable car
By Dave on 05/01/07 06:15 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan

Bought with 70K miles; now has nearly 260K miles,and still has original engine and 5-speed manual clutch. Even at this age, doesn't burn any detectable oil between oil/filter changes every 3K. 33 mpg reliably on hwy. Can drive for 14 hours, and get out of the car feeling fairly fresh, good lighting for night driving, very reliable, paint has held up very well, solid brakes. Accelerate to at least 5K RPM before downshifting and you drop to 3K RPM, still inside the power curve where things happen quickly even for a 4cyl. Greatly appreciate the reliability, low maintenance, comfort, power aspects of this car.

My Honda
By tnfhonda on 04/16/07 22:05 PM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I have owned my '91 Accord for two years now, and it is pushing 200,000 miles. It's a pretty good car. I'm learning how to maintain it and I'm adding new things to it all the time. On long highway trips I can hold this car steady at 90mph easily. I can even hang with BMWs! It's a great car.

Sad to see this beauty go
By Pete on 03/21/07 04:09 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord LX 4dr Wagon

Had to finally trade this beauty in on a new Honda Civic EX for our daughter. Bought right after Desert Storm, and have driven this great car on German Autobahns at 125 mph, to and from Army posts around the US for the last 16 + years. Paint went due to a factory problem within a year, then had a hail storm in Kansas, then another hail storm in Germany. Rust at rear right wheel well, antenna does not retract all the way, and drivers door window out of track. Regular maintenance, but time to move on... In our driveway is a 97 Accord LX Wagon, in out garage is a 2006 Subaru Outback XT, and now our daughter will have a 2007 Civic. Honda has to make a wagon or crossover based on the Accord!!