1991 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Go with the best: Honda
By harvey on 08/20/09 21:20 PM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

I bought this car in high school, my senior year and sold my truck because I was going to college. It had 120,000 on it when I bought it. Now, 5 years later it has 356,000 miles! Although the A/C has broke and it burns a little oil, those have been my only big problems. I still own this car and drive it daily 60 miles to and from work. It has served me well.

Simply Reliable
By D Himes on 07/25/09 20:25 PM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

Purchased brand new in 1991 and to date still driving with 291,000 miles. Simply a dependable and quality car all the way around. Handles the road very well and still has great power. Hondas are simply great cars.

Great Reliable Car!
By Lisa on 07/17/09 08:34 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

I purchased this car brand new in 1991 and I love this car! It has been the most reliable car ever. I have kept up oil changes, replaced timing belt, replaced air conditioner, replaced cv joint and just recently replaced the alternator. I had it repainted and windshield tinted and replaced the hubcaps with new Honda ones. Still a beauty and the shape timeless. This car has 220,000 miles on it and I hope to see another 100,000 miles!

I'd buy it all over again
By Foghorn on 06/19/09 07:42 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan

Wow! 18+ years, 150K miles and going strong. I have not babied it but I have done all scheduled maintenance. No issues at all before 120K. Since then, distributor, clutch, radiator, AC, axles, and sway bar links. They all came at once. Ouch! It was a shock but now it runs like new again and I am glad I did the repairs and kept the car. The engine is as good as ever and no leaks. Old oil looks clean at 5K mile changes. What prompted me write to this now is that I went new car shopping and I was amazed at how well this compares to the new cars. Drives just about as good as anything new I test drove. I seriously doubt that can be said of many 18 year old cars.

Bullet proof Drivetrain
By 1991 Honda Accord EX on 03/12/09 23:07 PM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

I bought this car a 1 1/2 years ago from my brother with 132,000mi and its been in the family for 9 years. My brother was not very gentle to the car a matter of fact he thought it was a race car. So when I reached 142,000mi we replaced the timing belt for the first time and it was still good "Amazing" we also replaced the clutch and it was bad for the burn outs my brother did. I gave it a full tune-up and I am confident I can get easily another 150,000mi with regular maintenance. They don't make them like this anymore, if they did they would not sell cars.

wagon power, custom LOVE IT
By Tabitha on 09/10/08 18:13 PM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord LX 4dr Wagon

Love my car, totally custom, but a daily driver. I bought it almost 10 years ago w/ 63k on it, only major thing was the distributor replaced. I'd say this car costs me $200 annually w/ inspection and oil changes, maybe not even. It now has 168k on it and I know it will start, never left me down. Main relay goes often enough to keep a spare one in my glove box, but $2 at a junk yard who cares! LOVE IT, but wish the a/c would work, I guess this is a faulty design, but hey I can live with it.

91 Honda Accord EX 2Dr
By Dave on 09/10/08 07:01 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

I bought this car as a daily driver for $2000 in 2005. At first I thought I over paid for this car. I changed my mind. At 160,000 miles it still uses less than 1 Qt oil per oil change. It has some minor rust behind the rear wheels. It is fun to drive, gets 35 MPG. and can pass people if need be.

Just say no
By Rosa on 07/28/08 16:22 PM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord DX 2dr Coupe

I owned the 1991 Honda Accord dx. It was the worst car I have ever had. It had electrical problems up the Yang. And left me ( mother of 2 ) stranded all the time.

Great car for Young person
By alex h on 07/06/08 19:44 PM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

Great car gets you to point a to point b and more. This car has never gave me any problems. It runs like hell. It has been through more crap and snows and things than a little and still runs. Even after a bad accident it cranked up and drove off the scene and still runs till this date! Best car I have ever had and I think that I may ever have for a long time.

391000!
By Matt on 05/21/08 11:19 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan

I have had the car only a year but it has been very good. It was given to me just about dead with a trans leak, broken windshield and ripped cv boot. After repaired it has been a great car, still going strong at 393,000 km!