Used 1991 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

1991 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Best Car I Have Owned
By Graham

1991 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

255,000 miles, and only now has it started to burn oil. I may install a rebuilt engine in order to keep using it.

Favorite Features

Handling, reliability, ease of maintenence.

Suggested Improvements

None.

What's not to love?
By TexasRooster

1991 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I've owned my '91 Accord EX for close to 10 years (I'm the 2nd owner), and have logged close to 200k of its 243k miles. This is the epitome of reliable, inexpensive transportation, with a good touch of class thrown in. Everything runs as smoothly as it did the day I bought it. No problems with body integrity or rust (although I do live in the snow-free South), and the sunroof has never had a leak. I have had a problem with the trunk leaking from time to time, however. Excellent brakes and handling, though the automatic transmission hasn't always been the smoothest-shifting. Fuel economy is good--I get about 26 mpg on the highway, around 22 in the city. A lot to love about this car!

Favorite Features

Body style/looks, overall build quality, logical instrument/control placement and design, brakes, inexpensive to own (service, parts, etc).

Suggested Improvements

Seals around trunk and tail-light housings, smoother-shifting transmission.

Hail Honda!
By Merlin27316

1991 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I've been driving this car for 13 years. I've replaced the timing belt twice as a preventitive measure and kept the oil changed anywhere from 3500-4000 mile intervals. I switched to Synthetic at 200,000 miles and still only lose 1/2 quart between oil changes and that appears to be through gaskets. Original clutch, alternator, A/C, starter, you name it. This car has never "broke down". My daughter rode in this car at 3 years of age and now she's driving it. I should have gone with the automatic trans but couldn't afford it at the time.

Favorite Features

Reliability, space (passenger and cargo), and gas milage. Why drive a shoebox for an additional 4 or 5 mpg?

Suggested Improvements

Remove the area on the dash where passengers can place "stuff". Things in the passenger compartment should be stored where they will be secured.

Clockwork.
By NCSUfan17

1991 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

Amazingly competent and RELIABLE ride. I purchased this car with 155,000 miles on the clock. It's now sitting on 185K, no major repairs whatsoever, still in excellent shape except for needing a motor mount (not so bad at 185K miles) and faded paint (13 years of non-garaged life take their toll). This car has been great to us, amazingly reliable, engine still pulls strong and transmission shifts smoothly. Decently fun to drive, comfortable, nice steering and handling, handsome if somewhat boring exterior. Great car, no regrets whatsoever. See you at 250,000!

Favorite Features

Reliability. Reliability. Reliability. Capable handling and comfort. Does just about everything well. Good mileage with acceptable power. Did I mention reliability?

Suggested Improvements

Can you make the motor mounts last 250K like the rest of the car? Manifests itself as a shaky idle. Stock sound system is mediocre. Car could use a shot of personality.

tune it
By brandune

1991 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan

this is a great car. it loves to be pushed. its only a 4 cyl. but it is also very light. the trany is well built. i had to replace the original clutch at 110000mi. which is absolutly awsome. this is a great first car and is easily tunable. i got the car to 150 bhp with just barely over 300$ in engine upgrades.

Favorite Features

the handling is absolutly wonderful. it packs a good punch for a four banger.

Suggested Improvements

bigger engine, turbo