1991 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Always reliable
By sdgrant on 06/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord SE 4dr Sedan

I bought my Accord SE Sedan in Oct. '98 with 48,500 miles. I've added almost 100K miles since, and it has been extremely reliable and consistent. The leather interior and extra 15 HP and 5 pd.-ft. of torque over the DX, EX, and LX models are nice, too. I think it accelerates better than our 2002 Mustang V6 convertible. No major maintenance other than timing belt. Sometimes doesn't start because of typical problem with fuel pump relay, but that's a known problem, and I just key off/on until it goes.

Perfect Vehicle
By lstpierr on 06/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

Well, what can you say, 11 years later, and just about drives like the day it came off the lot. Peppy for a 4cyl, handles great, just totally reliable. I had to replace a valve 110k in, it now has 130k and still going strong. As you can see by others in this column, it's still a baby. It still has an excellent exterior as well, no rust, paint job still holding up, very stylish, just love the car!!!

400,000 kms and counting
By MDCalgary on 06/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

Great Car. Very little maintenance required to get me to 400 000 kms. Highly recommended.

was^
By little nikky on 06/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord SE 4dr Sedan

It has broken down a couple of times.

Great Car!!!
By jefooo on 06/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

My car has over 165K in miles and continues to have as much power as the first day I bought it, plus, it starts on the first crank. Mechanically sound vehicle! My friend has the same car with 318K in miles. It drives the same as mine. I am just compoletely impressed with my car and every other HOnda I have ever owned!

Problems few and far between
By Roy4 on 05/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

This car now has well over 230,000 miles on it...and I find it hard to believe that any American car performs as well, is as reliable, or looks better then my 11 year old baby. My parents purchased the car new in 1991, and gave it to me 5 years ago (16th birthday)...and it still performs flawlessly. The powertrain is unstoppable, the ride is refined and controled even at illegal speeds, the interior materials still look brand new (though I did have to replace the drivers interior door handle after it broke...no big woop)...I'm trying to run this thing into the ground so I can justify a new Accord...but the damn thing won't break!!!

Hondas forever!
By lovemyhonda on 05/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

This was my first Honda- I bought it when it was 4 years old with 65,000 miles on it. I have since put another 120,000 miles on it and it runs as well as it did when I bought it. All you need to do with these cars is change the oil and replace the timing belt now and again! I am treating myself to a 1998 Accord, otherwise I would keep this one for another 60,000 miles. You cannot beat a Honda Accord- they look great, run well and are low maintenance vehicles. I am a lifer!

Super Car
By kimmyg on 04/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I bought the LX, 5 speed with 46,000 miles on it, put another 104,000 on it myself, and would still be driving it had it not been totalled in a rear end collision. It did need a new radiator at 100,000, and a new distributer at 145,000 miles. That's it, except for brakes, batteries, and other normal maintenence stuff. This was a well built, great car.

Can't beat Honda reliability
By s2k4me on 04/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan

This car just keeps on going. I bought it a year ago with 257k kms, or 160k miles, and drove it hard. it now has 170k miles and still drives quite the same. A few problems were the plastic door handles breaking, rust forming around the hind-quarters (I live up north). I can't believe I get better than 30 mpg on the highway on this car. Some rattles and squeaks, but for a 1991, I can't complain. Leaks a bit of oil due to Honda's Achilles heel, the Distributor.

awesome car
By JAYS on 04/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

nodoubt, the best engineering. it runs, performs better than my 99 altima or 98 626