1991 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
The Energizer Honda
By hondahappy on 02/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

Over 12yrs/239K &and still going strong. Needs painting, but no rust & interior like new except for couple of little things. Utterly dependable; never had to do ANYTHING to the brakes until 134K! Keep oil/timing belt changed, reg. tune-ups & it just keeps going & going. Trouble w/driver's side window & power mirrors this year, but if that's the worst after these many miles, hey! Some parts understandably wear out: radiator & speed sensor @ 10yrs, another type of sensor (don't remember the name) that corrected the hot weather problem that others have referred to, ignition switch, but that's about it.

a great car!
By niteeagle on 01/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

We bought this car from the dealer with 7k miles. We put 200k on it in 4 years. Only problem was xmission broke at 90k miles & Honda paid for it! Since then we keep replacing brake pads & rotors. The car has been stolen, recovered, broken into 2x, & rear-ended a SUV a year ago. Insurance wanted to junk it but paid for the repairs instead. Holds its value. The car door was bent in the accident & now the window jams, so we need to replace the door so the window will work. Something in it leaks but the mech says the engine will run forever. But it looks & runs great with 350k miles. Our 3 kids have learned to drive in it. Just can't part with it.

Twelve years still like new
By Mcync on 11/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car twelve years ago. after 5 years,(off warranty) the paint on top of the roof faded. I complaint to Honda of America and the company representative authorized the dealer to repaint my car completely. This includes stripping down the windshield, and baked after painting ...at no cost. I was surprised and intriqued by the fact they stand behind their customers (the company, not the dealers) Nevertheless, I bought my subsequent cars from Honda. My 91 model had radiator replace @ 8 years, Driver's window adjusted, and nothing else....great car!

11 Years old and I still love it!
By Mickey G on 11/08/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Honda Accord EX 4dr Wagon

Bought new in 1991, have only done brakes, new radiator and timing belt. With 175,000 I'm thinking my grandchildren will still be driving this car in 20 years. Handling and fuel economy are superb, build quality is world class. Put new Koenig alloys and Yokahama performance radials on her (Julia is her name) last year and people comment on what a great looking car she is (remember she's 12 model years old!) At this point, any new car shopping I'd do would have to start @ my local Honda dealer.

Good for its time
By Noah on 10/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord SE 4dr Sedan

I have owned this car for just over a year and haven't found it to be as "bullet-proof" as my other (86 Accord LXi and 87 Prelude Si) Hondas. It does get good mileage, handles well, and is well-built. It shows its age in the design of cup holders, passive restraint seatbelts, and the size of the cabin. Still in all, it runs well and is reliable.

EX Coupe
By ComputerGuy on 09/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

Great Car overall! Slight fuel efficiency and braking issues bc of the rather heavy weight of the car (I think it is the heaviest Accord ever made). Also, no ABS or SRS AirBags bc it was before the new laws in place now. Otherwise great car that always started up with proper maintenance (sp?). Anyone who is looking at getting a used car and if this car is in their budget should buy it bc it will last forever if properly taken care of.

Wear & Tear = $$$$$$
By aka The Maestro on 08/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

The vehicle was purchased more than two years ago. I bought it with only 76000 miles. When I had it for the first year, nothing was wrong with the car. Then as months passed by I realized that I had to changed the radiator, wheel axle and finally the worst of all the window motor broke. They all add up , a lot of money. That sucked so much.

Great car for the money
By lenny@serrani.com on 08/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord SE 4dr Sedan

I got this as a 3rd car to run long trips (150 mi). I was impressed with the shape it was in for a 10 year old car. That says a lot for the honda design. This is my first Honda and would buy one again. I actually find myself taking the honda instead of my NEW cars. I get 26 mpg (i don't drive slow) and put on 25K mi. already with no major problems. (just some break jobs). Just a great car!

1991 Honda Accord LX
By bbesser1 on 07/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord LX 4dr Wagon

I bought this car used because I had heard that they are very reliable. The clutch went out on it at 130,000 miles and cost $950 to fix, I have had the valve cover replaced, and had a leak in the oil pan. It is a very comfortable car and once fixed have no doubt that it will be a very reliable car. It purrs when it is on the highway and I have been getting 28 mpg. Other cars in the paper in MN have been selling with 250K + on them for $2000 which speaks a lot for their durability. The body will fall off long before the engine wears out.

They don't make them like this anymore.
By Robman on 07/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

I've always maintained this car perfectly. That said, this is a car that doesn't complain. Except for airbags, it has everything you need - down to the very nicely placed coin holder to the left of the steering wheel. Not once, regardless of how cold or how hot the weather was, has this car not sprung to life the first time I turned the key. A wonderful vehicle.