1991 Honda Accord LX Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

1991 Accord Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Sort Reviews by

Winner of a car
By Denny

1991 Honda Accord Wagon LX 4dr Wagon

Bought it new in 1991, Buy tires when they wear out, changed oil and filter approximately every 3K. Routine maintenance done as it need some, big failure was trans computer but found a rebuilt and changed it myself for $175.00.I think it will soon go to my grand daughter.

Favorite Features

AC still working with R12 system

Suggested Improvements

How can you improve on the best?

wagon power, custom LOVE IT
By Tabitha

1991 Honda Accord Wagon LX 4dr Wagon

Love my car, totally custom, but a daily driver. I bought it almost 10 years ago w/ 63k on it, only major thing was the distributor replaced. I'd say this car costs me $200 annually w/ inspection and oil changes, maybe not even. It now has 168k on it and I know it will start, never left me down. Main relay goes often enough to keep a spare one in my glove box, but $2 at a junk yard who cares! LOVE IT, but wish the a/c would work, I guess this is a faulty design, but hey I can live with it.

Favorite Features

Dependability, fun, roomy, and just love the look

Suggested Improvements

A/C, rear corner panels ( Honda rust ), main relay problem, other than that, haven't needed to work on it much great car.

Sad to see this beauty go
By Pete

1991 Honda Accord Wagon LX 4dr Wagon

Had to finally trade this beauty in on a new Honda Civic EX for our daughter. Bought right after Desert Storm, and have driven this great car on German Autobahns at 125 mph, to and from Army posts around the US for the last 16 + years. Paint went due to a factory problem within a year, then had a hail storm in Kansas, then another hail storm in Germany. Rust at rear right wheel well, antenna does not retract all the way, and drivers door window out of track. Regular maintenance, but time to move on... In our driveway is a 97 Accord LX Wagon, in out garage is a 2006 Subaru Outback XT, and now our daughter will have a 2007 Civic. Honda has to make a wagon or crossover based on the Accord!!

Favorite Features

Reliability, space, and absolute fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

Make a new one NOW!

reliable old car
By 91 accord wagon

1991 Honda Accord Wagon LX 4dr Wagon

This is one of the best Honda's I've owned. The car has been family owned since new and I bought it in 1999 with 97,000 miles. I have done all the scheduled maintenance and I have never had any reliability problems. Now the car is 16 years old with 160,000 miles and it still runs and looks perfect. I have driven in commute traffic and still get around 25-30 mpg. I wish the car had the manual transmission, but the automatic is easier in traffic. The car is well balanced when driven in the snow, and can hold a lot of cargo especially with the back seat folded flat. I have had several offers to sell, but I plan on keeping this car until 200K or more.

Favorite Features

Reliability, comfort, and utility.

Suggested Improvements

Build them again.

Best car I've ever owned!
By Bonanzagirl

1991 Honda Accord Wagon LX 4dr Wagon

I bought this one-owner car used with 75000 miles on it from the dealership; it looked like new. Now has over 263,000 miles and still going strong! Has one small rust spot in front of both rear wheels, but that's it. The only maintenance it's required (other than oil changes and tires) is new alternator (last year), new distributor cap assembly and timing belts. The A/C finally gave out this summer and will need some work. This car has been SO reliable - it has started EVERY DAY since I've owned it! And it's great in snow. I will drive it until it literally falls apart, so I'll have it for a quite a while longer!

Favorite Features

Fun to drive (although I wish it was manual transmission) - very quick and nimble. I use it like a truck - I've hauled many bags of mulch and a few bales of hay in it! Even wood.

Suggested Improvements

bigger cup holders antenna that the driver can control (like on my '87 Honda Accord)

1991 Honda Accord LX
By bbesser1

1991 Honda Accord Wagon LX 4dr Wagon

I bought this car used because I had heard that they are very reliable. The clutch went out on it at 130,000 miles and cost $950 to fix, I have had the valve cover replaced, and had a leak in the oil pan. It is a very comfortable car and once fixed have no doubt that it will be a very reliable car. It purrs when it is on the highway and I have been getting 28 mpg. Other cars in the paper in MN have been selling with 250K + on them for $2000 which speaks a lot for their durability. The body will fall off long before the engine wears out.

Favorite Features

The car is really easy to work on. Front Seats are comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

The inside door latches are made very cheaply but are easy to replace. Cost is about $20