Used 1991 Honda Accord Wagon Consumer Reviews - 20 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Honda Accord Wagon - Consumer Reviews

1991 Honda Accord Wagon

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

I became THAT Soccer Mom
By Alexis Dolan

1991 Honda Accord Wagon EX 4dr Wagon

Love this car! It was my first (and so far only) new car when I bought it 24 years ago - I raised two kids with this car - from infant seats to pop-ups, coolers, first aid kits and extra clothes in the back for club team soccer tournaments, this car has never left me or them by the side of the road. I'm at 225000 miles and still never worry about jumping in the car for a road trip. Never took it to a dealer - too expensive. Have a long term shop that has taken care of it for the last 10 years. I have a 5 speed manual, and I love driving it, it is a dream car. Honda got it right with this one!

Winner of a car
By Denny

1991 Honda Accord Wagon LX 4dr Wagon

Bought it new in 1991, Buy tires when they wear out, changed oil and filter approximately every 3K. Routine maintenance done as it need some, big failure was trans computer but found a rebuilt and changed it myself for $175.00.I think it will soon go to my grand daughter.

AC still working with R12 system

How can you improve on the best?

wagon power, custom LOVE IT
By Tabitha

1991 Honda Accord Wagon LX 4dr Wagon

Love my car, totally custom, but a daily driver. I bought it almost 10 years ago w/ 63k on it, only major thing was the distributor replaced. I'd say this car costs me $200 annually w/ inspection and oil changes, maybe not even. It now has 168k on it and I know it will start, never left me down. Main relay goes often enough to keep a spare one in my glove box, but $2 at a junk yard who cares! LOVE IT, but wish the a/c would work, I guess this is a faulty design, but hey I can live with it.

Dependability, fun, roomy, and just love the look

A/C, rear corner panels ( Honda rust ), main relay problem, other than that, haven't needed to work on it much great car.

Goodbye trusty friend
By darren

1991 Honda Accord Wagon EX 4dr Wagon

I loved this car. Purchased used w/140k on it 6 years ago. Sold it this week, with 225k. The interior STILL LOOKS NEW. The ride was like a cruise-missle-on-rails. Handling would put most sports cars to shame. Would go fast if you pushed it. Had to get used to the auto trannys whiplash shifting. Very versatile/useful for small family. Comfy on long hauls. Experienced 400-600$ in repairs annually, INCLUDING TIRES but that can be expected if you drive old cars. Did have to replace motor at 215k- suspected that damage due to faulty oil maintenance before I owned it finally caught up with it.Old engine consumed 2+qts between changes. Now needs less than 1qt. The car has gone on to its 4th happy owner.

Ride, handling, performance. Useful & versatile. Interior comfort, durability and quality.

Smoother shifting automatic transmission, wish I could get better than 27mpg on highway, add another 12v outlet.

My Honda Wagon
By Walter

1991 Honda Accord Wagon EX 4dr Wagon

This is an outstanding vehicle, I have 199,657 miles on this vehicle. It always accelerated well taking off and when I needed to pick up speed. I drive it to work 5 days some times 6 days a week. Never had any major mechanical work done. I plan to drive it for another 100,000 miles or have it overhaul if it is ever needed.

Sunroof, rear seats fold down and shift mode select when driving in town and slow traffice.

Cup holders.