1991 Honda Accord LX Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

1991 Accord Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Sort Reviews by

Winner of a car
By Denny

1991 Honda Accord Wagon LX 4dr Wagon

Bought it new in 1991, Buy tires when they wear out, changed oil and filter approximately every 3K. Routine maintenance done as it need some, big failure was trans computer but found a rebuilt and changed it myself for $175.00.I think it will soon go to my grand daughter.

Favorite Features

AC still working with R12 system

Suggested Improvements

How can you improve on the best?

wagon power, custom LOVE IT
By Tabitha

1991 Honda Accord Wagon LX 4dr Wagon

Love my car, totally custom, but a daily driver. I bought it almost 10 years ago w/ 63k on it, only major thing was the distributor replaced. I'd say this car costs me $200 annually w/ inspection and oil changes, maybe not even. It now has 168k on it and I know it will start, never left me down. Main relay goes often enough to keep a spare one in my glove box, but $2 at a junk yard who cares! LOVE IT, but wish the a/c would work, I guess this is a faulty design, but hey I can live with it.

Favorite Features

Dependability, fun, roomy, and just love the look

Suggested Improvements

A/C, rear corner panels ( Honda rust ), main relay problem, other than that, haven't needed to work on it much great car.

Goodbye trusty friend
By darren

1991 Honda Accord Wagon EX 4dr Wagon

I loved this car. Purchased used w/140k on it 6 years ago. Sold it this week, with 225k. The interior STILL LOOKS NEW. The ride was like a cruise-missle-on-rails. Handling would put most sports cars to shame. Would go fast if you pushed it. Had to get used to the auto trannys whiplash shifting. Very versatile/useful for small family. Comfy on long hauls. Experienced 400-600$ in repairs annually, INCLUDING TIRES but that can be expected if you drive old cars. Did have to replace motor at 215k- suspected that damage due to faulty oil maintenance before I owned it finally caught up with it.Old engine consumed 2+qts between changes. Now needs less than 1qt. The car has gone on to its 4th happy owner.

Favorite Features

Ride, handling, performance. Useful & versatile. Interior comfort, durability and quality.

Suggested Improvements

Smoother shifting automatic transmission, wish I could get better than 27mpg on highway, add another 12v outlet.

My Honda Wagon
By Walter

1991 Honda Accord Wagon EX 4dr Wagon

This is an outstanding vehicle, I have 199,657 miles on this vehicle. It always accelerated well taking off and when I needed to pick up speed. I drive it to work 5 days some times 6 days a week. Never had any major mechanical work done. I plan to drive it for another 100,000 miles or have it overhaul if it is ever needed.

Favorite Features

Sunroof, rear seats fold down and shift mode select when driving in town and slow traffice.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders.

Sad to see this beauty go
By Pete

1991 Honda Accord Wagon LX 4dr Wagon

Had to finally trade this beauty in on a new Honda Civic EX for our daughter. Bought right after Desert Storm, and have driven this great car on German Autobahns at 125 mph, to and from Army posts around the US for the last 16 + years. Paint went due to a factory problem within a year, then had a hail storm in Kansas, then another hail storm in Germany. Rust at rear right wheel well, antenna does not retract all the way, and drivers door window out of track. Regular maintenance, but time to move on... In our driveway is a 97 Accord LX Wagon, in out garage is a 2006 Subaru Outback XT, and now our daughter will have a 2007 Civic. Honda has to make a wagon or crossover based on the Accord!!

Favorite Features

Reliability, space, and absolute fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

Make a new one NOW!

reliable old car
By 91 accord wagon

1991 Honda Accord Wagon LX 4dr Wagon

This is one of the best Honda's I've owned. The car has been family owned since new and I bought it in 1999 with 97,000 miles. I have done all the scheduled maintenance and I have never had any reliability problems. Now the car is 16 years old with 160,000 miles and it still runs and looks perfect. I have driven in commute traffic and still get around 25-30 mpg. I wish the car had the manual transmission, but the automatic is easier in traffic. The car is well balanced when driven in the snow, and can hold a lot of cargo especially with the back seat folded flat. I have had several offers to sell, but I plan on keeping this car until 200K or more.

Favorite Features

Reliability, comfort, and utility.

Suggested Improvements

Build them again.

1991 Black Beauty-5speed
By Crazy about Imports

1991 Honda Accord Wagon EX 4dr Wagon

This car has 207,000! The hatch is so great for hauling anything and the styling still looks great. Much more economical on gas than a van or SUV and more fun to drive. My husband had reservations about a wagon but he now loves the versatility and how much we can pack in it. The fact that the rear bottom seat cushions pull up for extra storage & cleaning is way cool. The seats are still firm after 16 years. We have had the usual replacing of old and worn parts but it has been an exceptional car. It is unfortunate that Honda does not make them anymore in a car market full of wagons & crossovers. It will be sold soon to make way for way for a Toyota Prius that we have on order.

Favorite Features

Reliability!! 5-speed, moonroof, driving lights, flip up rear seat bottoms. cargo cover & net, sharp styling, paint-black with gold metalflake

Suggested Improvements

None for it being a '91. Thank goodness that Honda has changed those little moisture trapping rubber seals around the wheel wells. I ripped mine off shortly after I bought it with 74,000 miles on it,when mine was 2 years old but it was already too late. It has a little cancer on the driver's side.

Honda Wagons Rule !!
By Jane W.

1991 Honda Accord Wagon EX 4dr Wagon

I purchased my EX wagon new and have kept it serviced when scheduled. It is a great car and I can't understand why Honda doesn't bring back the wagon. The five speed transmission is fun to drive although the 4 cylinder engine doesn't have alot of "get up and go". But, it sure beats the mileage of the trucks and SUV's that fly past me at a take-off with their gas gauges nearing empty. I've driven my Honda from Ontario, Ca. to San Francisco with gas to spare. The car has given me nearly 280,000 miles and I'm sure will get to 350,000 before a new engine is needed. I replaced the factory clutch at 212,000 miles. What more could one ask for in a car ?

Favorite Features

Mileage, sun-roof, ablity to haul many things, comfort

Suggested Improvements

Nothing really except for Honda to make another wagon not a quasi replacement like the Element...

Wagon Ho!
By steven A.

1991 Honda Accord Wagon EX 4dr Wagon

With well over 200K on the odometer, this baby runs like a dream needing only routine maintenance. Only broke down once in 12 years. Still feels tight and solid with only one little rattle in the dome light. Seems as if it will last forever if you take reasonable care of it. I am sold on Honda!

Favorite Features

Reliability, nice looking for a wagon, roomy, comfortable, extremely practical.

Suggested Improvements

More effective rust-proofing in the rear wheel wells, better radio antenna motor.

excellent overall car
By deathbytech

1991 Honda Accord Wagon EX 4dr Wagon

I've had this car alittle under 2 months and I love it. I bought it used at 152000 but the previous owners kept it in very good shape. It's extremely driver friendly and very stylish. The stock stereo that came with it was lacking but technology has advanced much with this feature. I got a nicer deck for it and the stock speakers aren't bad. I plan on getting aftermarket speakers as well. Overall, this is an excellent car with lots of space for hauling equipment (I'm a drummer) and unbelievable gas mileage.

Favorite Features

Great turning radius, excellent gas mileage, strong engine, very driver friendly

Suggested Improvements

arm rests for the driver and passenger front seats