Used 1991 Honda Accord Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

1991 Honda Accord Wagon

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Winner of a car
By Denny

1991 Honda Accord Wagon LX 4dr Wagon

Bought it new in 1991, Buy tires when they wear out, changed oil and filter approximately every 3K. Routine maintenance done as it need some, big failure was trans computer but found a rebuilt and changed it myself for $175.00.I think it will soon go to my grand daughter.

Favorite Features

AC still working with R12 system

Suggested Improvements

How can you improve on the best?

wagon power, custom LOVE IT
By Tabitha

1991 Honda Accord Wagon LX 4dr Wagon

Love my car, totally custom, but a daily driver. I bought it almost 10 years ago w/ 63k on it, only major thing was the distributor replaced. I'd say this car costs me $200 annually w/ inspection and oil changes, maybe not even. It now has 168k on it and I know it will start, never left me down. Main relay goes often enough to keep a spare one in my glove box, but $2 at a junk yard who cares! LOVE IT, but wish the a/c would work, I guess this is a faulty design, but hey I can live with it.

Favorite Features

Dependability, fun, roomy, and just love the look

Suggested Improvements

A/C, rear corner panels ( Honda rust ), main relay problem, other than that, haven't needed to work on it much great car.

Goodbye trusty friend
By darren

1991 Honda Accord Wagon EX 4dr Wagon

I loved this car. Purchased used w/140k on it 6 years ago. Sold it this week, with 225k. The interior STILL LOOKS NEW. The ride was like a cruise-missle-on-rails. Handling would put most sports cars to shame. Would go fast if you pushed it. Had to get used to the auto trannys whiplash shifting. Very versatile/useful for small family. Comfy on long hauls. Experienced 400-600$ in repairs annually, INCLUDING TIRES but that can be expected if you drive old cars. Did have to replace motor at 215k- suspected that damage due to faulty oil maintenance before I owned it finally caught up with it.Old engine consumed 2+qts between changes. Now needs less than 1qt. The car has gone on to its 4th happy owner.

Favorite Features

Ride, handling, performance. Useful & versatile. Interior comfort, durability and quality.

Suggested Improvements

Smoother shifting automatic transmission, wish I could get better than 27mpg on highway, add another 12v outlet.

My Honda Wagon
By Walter

1991 Honda Accord Wagon EX 4dr Wagon

This is an outstanding vehicle, I have 199,657 miles on this vehicle. It always accelerated well taking off and when I needed to pick up speed. I drive it to work 5 days some times 6 days a week. Never had any major mechanical work done. I plan to drive it for another 100,000 miles or have it overhaul if it is ever needed.

Favorite Features

Sunroof, rear seats fold down and shift mode select when driving in town and slow traffice.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders.

Sad to see this beauty go
By Pete

1991 Honda Accord Wagon LX 4dr Wagon

Had to finally trade this beauty in on a new Honda Civic EX for our daughter. Bought right after Desert Storm, and have driven this great car on German Autobahns at 125 mph, to and from Army posts around the US for the last 16 + years. Paint went due to a factory problem within a year, then had a hail storm in Kansas, then another hail storm in Germany. Rust at rear right wheel well, antenna does not retract all the way, and drivers door window out of track. Regular maintenance, but time to move on... In our driveway is a 97 Accord LX Wagon, in out garage is a 2006 Subaru Outback XT, and now our daughter will have a 2007 Civic. Honda has to make a wagon or crossover based on the Accord!!

Favorite Features

Reliability, space, and absolute fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

Make a new one NOW!