1991 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
'91 Accord DX
By Dave on 07/01/10 12:36 PM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

This car survived the summers of Nevada and the winters of Massachusetts. It was a solid no-frills workhorse that got me where I needed to go for over 19 years. For the last few years, it needed a major repair per year, but only this last year did it cost me over $500. The engine has held up very well, and the fuel efficiency has been great.

I'd buy it all over again
By Foghorn on 06/19/09 07:42 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

Wow! 18+ years, 150K miles and going strong. I have not babied it but I have done all scheduled maintenance. No issues at all before 120K. Since then, distributor, clutch, radiator, AC, axles, and sway bar links. They all came at once. Ouch! It was a shock but now it runs like new again and I am glad I did the repairs and kept the car. The engine is as good as ever and no leaks. Old oil looks clean at 5K mile changes. What prompted me write to this now is that I went new car shopping and I was amazed at how well this compares to the new cars. Drives just about as good as anything new I test drove. I seriously doubt that can be said of many 18 year old cars.

391000!
By Matt on 05/21/08 11:19 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I have had the car only a year but it has been very good. It was given to me just about dead with a trans leak, broken windshield and ripped cv boot. After repaired it has been a great car, still going strong at 393,000 km!

Very reliable car
By Dave on 05/01/07 06:15 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

Bought with 70K miles; now has nearly 260K miles,and still has original engine and 5-speed manual clutch. Even at this age, doesn't burn any detectable oil between oil/filter changes every 3K. 33 mpg reliably on hwy. Can drive for 14 hours, and get out of the car feeling fairly fresh, good lighting for night driving, very reliable, paint has held up very well, solid brakes. Accelerate to at least 5K RPM before downshifting and you drop to 3K RPM, still inside the power curve where things happen quickly even for a 4cyl. Greatly appreciate the reliability, low maintenance, comfort, power aspects of this car.

Still going strong
By Marks on 11/28/05 16:49 PM (PST)

1991 Honda Accord Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

This 4-door DX we bought new has gone almost 130,000 miles, and has been in daily use for 14 years. This year we broke down and replaced the motor mounts to eliminate some engine vibration. The only other significant expenses have been two timing belts and two mufflers. This car continues to amaze us with its durable good looks, inside and out, and its reliable performance. It has become almost a member of the family! Guess we'll keep on postponing any thoughts of replacing it. Wish all cars were this good.

tune it
By brandune on 09/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

this is a great car. it loves to be pushed. its only a 4 cyl. but it is also very light. the trany is well built. i had to replace the original clutch at 110000mi. which is absolutly awsome. this is a great first car and is easily tunable. i got the car to 150 bhp with just barely over 300$ in engine upgrades.

Just Keeps Going
By Marks on 09/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

We bought this car new. After 13 years and 120,000 miles, it still looks so good inside and out, and it still works so well, that we continue to postpone any thoughts of trading it in. We have replaced the timing belt and exhaust system twice. Those are the only major maintenance items so far. Other minor repairs have included the driver's door latch (twice), and the rear speakers (cones rotted out from age). Otherwise it just keep going and going. This has to be one of the best models Honda has produced.

Honda Accord - 10 years use.
By N. Solis on 05/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

My Accord now has 180000 miles on it. I like it very much and intend to replace it with another Accord or a Camry.

Can't beat Honda reliability
By s2k4me on 04/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

This car just keeps on going. I bought it a year ago with 257k kms, or 160k miles, and drove it hard. it now has 170k miles and still drives quite the same. A few problems were the plastic door handles breaking, rust forming around the hind-quarters (I live up north). I can't believe I get better than 30 mpg on the highway on this car. Some rattles and squeaks, but for a 1991, I can't complain. Leaks a bit of oil due to Honda's Achilles heel, the Distributor.