1991 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Practically Bulletproof!!!
By william621 on 04/11/11 06:53 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I love this car! I bought this car new late '90 and it's been a daily driver for over 20 years. I put 225,000 miles on it, changed the oil every 5,000 miles and other routine maintainence. I had a few oddball things I had to replace from time to time but nothing horrible. It still has the original clutch! I actually had to buy a muffler a few years back, and I was so use to nothing ever giving out on the car that I kind of resented it! This car never left me on the side of the road and it started every time I turned the key! The seats have no tears, dash is without cracks, electric windows and sunroof still work. Just traded it for a certified pre-owned '07 Accord with 31,000 miles. Rock on!

300.000 miles and counting
By Ashley on 08/24/10 08:53 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I ordered this car from the factory and have driven the wheels off it for 19 years. It just turned 300,000 miles this week and the engine runs very strong still. My mechanic says the engine will go 500,000. I've replaced many things over the years, cv joints, ball joints, etc. but still on original trans, engine, struts, etc. This car is a total work horse and has been worth every penny and then some. I've been looking at newer cars and with all the Honda transmission problems of late, I just keep driving my old faithful standby. Its the car at my house that ALWAYS starts.

Simply Reliable
By D Himes on 07/25/09 20:25 PM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

Purchased brand new in 1991 and to date still driving with 291,000 miles. Simply a dependable and quality car all the way around. Handles the road very well and still has great power. Hondas are simply great cars.

Amazing Honda
By kamran on 03/20/08 12:15 PM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I bought Honda EXR 5 years back.It already had over 200,000 KM on it.I drove it a lot and now it has over 400,000 km.Never had any major mechanical problem, except regular maintenance.I love to drive it. Still having good gas mileage. Only problem it has "RUST." Due to rust, I guess I have to replace it.

My Honda
By tnfhonda on 04/16/07 22:05 PM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I have owned my '91 Accord for two years now, and it is pushing 200,000 miles. It's a pretty good car. I'm learning how to maintain it and I'm adding new things to it all the time. On long highway trips I can hold this car steady at 90mph easily. I can even hang with BMWs! It's a great car.

Great Car
By Runnerr on 04/09/06 21:45 PM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car about 6 months ago for $1700. One of the best cars I have ever owned. I test drove the 2005 Civic but the 91 overall was a better car. And only about 10% of the price. Changed plugs, wires, oil filler cap, valve gasket cover. Just bought new struts and adjustible coilover springs. Replacing windshield. And repainting the entire car in June due to the rust on the passenger side like all 90 -93s. Runs very strong, will drive anywhere!!

Solid Car
By rsugg on 10/13/05 14:29 PM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

Bought the car from a private owner almost a year ago. Replaced radiator, axle seal, oil seal and A/C spending a lot more than what I wanted to on a nearly 15 year old car. But I could have spent the purchase price plus the price of repairs on a newer car and still not have as good a used vehicle as this one. Very solid car in and out for its age.

1991 Accord Review
By Ryan on 04/23/05 18:48 PM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

Despite the 246,000 miles on the odometer, this car remains a reliable daily driver.

What's not to love?
By TexasRooster on 12/24/04 15:50 PM (PST)

1991 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I've owned my '91 Accord EX for close to 10 years (I'm the 2nd owner), and have logged close to 200k of its 243k miles. This is the epitome of reliable, inexpensive transportation, with a good touch of class thrown in. Everything runs as smoothly as it did the day I bought it. No problems with body integrity or rust (although I do live in the snow-free South), and the sunroof has never had a leak. I have had a problem with the trunk leaking from time to time, however. Excellent brakes and handling, though the automatic transmission hasn't always been the smoothest-shifting. Fuel economy is good--I get about 26 mpg on the highway, around 22 in the city. A lot to love about this car!

Great Longevity
By HondaHappy on 05/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I have owned my Accord for eight years, and still enjoy driving it, with over 300,000 Kms. Esentially, the reliability and quality of the Honda Engine is second to none. As long as regular oil changes are made, the engine is unbreakable. However, I have had my share of repairs made over the years - replaced a rad, extensive exhaust work, gas line repairs, CV boots, etc. The many harsh Canadian winters that the car has gone through have taken a toll, as the body is starting to rust, and the gas tank and gas lines could stand to be overhauled, but it is not worth it at this point (for a 13 year old car).