Used 1991 Honda Accord EX Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Practically Bulletproof!!!
By william621

1991 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I love this car! I bought this car new late '90 and it's been a daily driver for over 20 years. I put 225,000 miles on it, changed the oil every 5,000 miles and other routine maintainence. I had a few oddball things I had to replace from time to time but nothing horrible. It still has the original clutch! I actually had to buy a muffler a few years back, and I was so use to nothing ever giving out on the car that I kind of resented it! This car never left me on the side of the road and it started every time I turned the key! The seats have no tears, dash is without cracks, electric windows and sunroof still work. Just traded it for a certified pre-owned '07 Accord with 31,000 miles. Rock on!

Favorite Features

Ergonomic layout and great styling, crisp excelleration and great torque with a "power zone" between 2500 and 4000 RPM, though it's got great responsiveness throughout the entire range.

Suggested Improvements

No Complaints!

300.000 miles and counting
By Ashley

1991 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I ordered this car from the factory and have driven the wheels off it for 19 years. It just turned 300,000 miles this week and the engine runs very strong still. My mechanic says the engine will go 500,000. I've replaced many things over the years, cv joints, ball joints, etc. but still on original trans, engine, struts, etc. This car is a total work horse and has been worth every penny and then some. I've been looking at newer cars and with all the Honda transmission problems of late, I just keep driving my old faithful standby. Its the car at my house that ALWAYS starts.

Favorite Features

The workhorse engine, interior still looks great, sun roof.

Suggested Improvements

A little late for this but less road noise.

Simply Reliable
By D Himes

1991 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

Purchased brand new in 1991 and to date still driving with 291,000 miles. Simply a dependable and quality car all the way around. Handles the road very well and still has great power. Hondas are simply great cars.

Favorite Features

Love the body style, engine power, leg room, and how it handles on the road.

Suggested Improvements

None

Amazing Honda
By kamran

1991 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I bought Honda EXR 5 years back.It already had over 200,000 KM on it.I drove it a lot and now it has over 400,000 km.Never had any major mechanical problem, except regular maintenance.I love to drive it. Still having good gas mileage. Only problem it has "RUST." Due to rust, I guess I have to replace it.

Favorite Features

Smooth drive.

Suggested Improvements

I guess all Honda's model before 1997 or 1998 had rust problem.and back in 1991 there were no air bags.

My Honda
By tnfhonda

1991 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I have owned my '91 Accord for two years now, and it is pushing 200,000 miles. It's a pretty good car. I'm learning how to maintain it and I'm adding new things to it all the time. On long highway trips I can hold this car steady at 90mph easily. I can even hang with BMWs! It's a great car.

Favorite Features

Sunroof. Very easy to steer. I can hug those corners.

Suggested Improvements

Brakes could be better, needs bigger rotors.