Used 1991 Honda Accord DX Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

700,000 and still going 1 engine change
By J Emerson McGowan

1991 Honda Accord Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

bought new in 91. Have had some issues over the years. Got away from the dealer repair charges... was killing me. Could not walk in there without dropping $600 min. Have found 2 good mechanics who keep it running. Interior getting a bit raggedy but, it keeps running. 3rd clutch but they lasted about 300k each. Some rust out around rear wheel wells and bottom of back door. I got no car note and I am happy. Just cant part with a car that keeps running. Probably bought a cheap bmw for the money I have put in it over the years. But, scumbag mechanics in the past have not helped. Now, thank god I have 2 great guys that fix my shorty and it keeps going. Need to fix the heater core now and the dash

handling, 5 spd, approx. 30 mpg still, headliner is not raggedy thanks to composite material

get me a million miles on it... stop dealerships from charging an arm and leg.

'91 Accord DX
By Dave

1991 Honda Accord Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

This car survived the summers of Nevada and the winters of Massachusetts. It was a solid no-frills workhorse that got me where I needed to go for over 19 years. For the last few years, it needed a major repair per year, but only this last year did it cost me over $500. The engine has held up very well, and the fuel efficiency has been great.

Fuel efficiency and overall low cost.

Reduce road noise and improve the seals around the doors and trunk.

I'd buy it all over again
By Foghorn

1991 Honda Accord Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

Wow! 18+ years, 150K miles and going strong. I have not babied it but I have done all scheduled maintenance. No issues at all before 120K. Since then, distributor, clutch, radiator, AC, axles, and sway bar links. They all came at once. Ouch! It was a shock but now it runs like new again and I am glad I did the repairs and kept the car. The engine is as good as ever and no leaks. Old oil looks clean at 5K mile changes. What prompted me write to this now is that I went new car shopping and I was amazed at how well this compares to the new cars. Drives just about as good as anything new I test drove. I seriously doubt that can be said of many 18 year old cars.

Reliable, practical and drives nicely. Not a sports car but sporty enough for me.

None

391000!
By Matt

1991 Honda Accord Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I have had the car only a year but it has been very good. It was given to me just about dead with a trans leak, broken windshield and ripped cv boot. After repaired it has been a great car, still going strong at 393,000 km!

fuel efficient

bring them back!

Very reliable car
By Dave

1991 Honda Accord Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

Bought with 70K miles; now has nearly 260K miles,and still has original engine and 5-speed manual clutch. Even at this age, doesn't burn any detectable oil between oil/filter changes every 3K. 33 mpg reliably on hwy. Can drive for 14 hours, and get out of the car feeling fairly fresh, good lighting for night driving, very reliable, paint has held up very well, solid brakes. Accelerate to at least 5K RPM before downshifting and you drop to 3K RPM, still inside the power curve where things happen quickly even for a 4cyl. Greatly appreciate the reliability, low maintenance, comfort, power aspects of this car.

Reliable engine/power train; power when you need it but good gas mileage; holds-up well to hard use; attractive exterior/interior, comfortable seats and ride.

None. The later-model Hondas have pretty well got those covered.