1991 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Amazing
By c11h15no2 on 04/23/13 18:58 PM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

Well.... I bought my 1991 Accord in Feb 2010 with 138000 miles for $1600. I have no idea how many owners its had. I am thinking about buying a new car but I worry that the new car I buy won't be as reliable as my accord. I don't drive much and have only put 13,000 miles on it, but I gotta say the thing runs like a champ. I had both front axles changed, that's it so far. My next repair is an A/C leak. No leaks other then a/c, starts everytime in -20 to +105. Best car ever. The clear coat has flaked away and some rust around wheel wells. Go Honda

Old Reliable
By aggro on 06/24/11 10:52 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

My Accord has over 220,000 miles on it, and is still going strong! This car has been handed down and taking several beatings, but she's a sturdy ride. Decent on gas, and the most reliable car ever. Go, Honda!

Practically Bulletproof!!!
By william621 on 04/11/11 06:53 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I love this car! I bought this car new late '90 and it's been a daily driver for over 20 years. I put 225,000 miles on it, changed the oil every 5,000 miles and other routine maintainence. I had a few oddball things I had to replace from time to time but nothing horrible. It still has the original clutch! I actually had to buy a muffler a few years back, and I was so use to nothing ever giving out on the car that I kind of resented it! This car never left me on the side of the road and it started every time I turned the key! The seats have no tears, dash is without cracks, electric windows and sunroof still work. Just traded it for a certified pre-owned '07 Accord with 31,000 miles. Rock on!

300.000 miles and counting
By Ashley on 08/24/10 08:53 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I ordered this car from the factory and have driven the wheels off it for 19 years. It just turned 300,000 miles this week and the engine runs very strong still. My mechanic says the engine will go 500,000. I've replaced many things over the years, cv joints, ball joints, etc. but still on original trans, engine, struts, etc. This car is a total work horse and has been worth every penny and then some. I've been looking at newer cars and with all the Honda transmission problems of late, I just keep driving my old faithful standby. Its the car at my house that ALWAYS starts.

'91 Accord DX
By Dave on 07/01/10 12:36 PM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

This car survived the summers of Nevada and the winters of Massachusetts. It was a solid no-frills workhorse that got me where I needed to go for over 19 years. For the last few years, it needed a major repair per year, but only this last year did it cost me over $500. The engine has held up very well, and the fuel efficiency has been great.

First car. Best car.
By 91 accord on 06/21/10 17:49 PM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

So my 1991 Honda Accord Lx sedan is by far the best car i have driven.Bought it from some family friends with 42k on it. Its a 5 speed (which is very nice) and has power everything, which for a 91 is bulletproof. It's a great car through and through, I drive it probably harder than a should but besides the fact its pretty heavy and FWD its a blast to drive.The 2.2 liter gets up and goes even with passengers. I find this car very comfortable and I'm 6'3" and weigh 200 lbs. All the systems work great, the AC, the power steering, the cruise control. I think ill eventually move on to an s2000 but this car is absolutely the best car for the money. Driving it hard has not given me any issues. Love it.

1991 Honda Accord SE
By Les R Howell on 10/13/09 10:51 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new 1991. My wife and I have put 271050 miles on it. When I bought a new Toyota, Avalon, 2001- I didn't sell this car and let it sit for over two years in my drive. Put the key in two years later and... Voom! Wonderful car. Excellent gas mileage. Very quick and it just sings when you start it. Honda mechanics love to work on it (three new timing belts, new tires, new brakes), no engine problems- none, nota, zilch. Still just as quick as ever. Does not have air bags and my wife refuses to let my daughter drive it without them. Must sell. Every car should want to be like this one. It is possible to love a machine... though I never thought so.

Simply Reliable
By D Himes on 07/25/09 20:25 PM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

Purchased brand new in 1991 and to date still driving with 291,000 miles. Simply a dependable and quality car all the way around. Handles the road very well and still has great power. Hondas are simply great cars.

I'd buy it all over again
By Foghorn on 06/19/09 07:42 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

Wow! 18+ years, 150K miles and going strong. I have not babied it but I have done all scheduled maintenance. No issues at all before 120K. Since then, distributor, clutch, radiator, AC, axles, and sway bar links. They all came at once. Ouch! It was a shock but now it runs like new again and I am glad I did the repairs and kept the car. The engine is as good as ever and no leaks. Old oil looks clean at 5K mile changes. What prompted me write to this now is that I went new car shopping and I was amazed at how well this compares to the new cars. Drives just about as good as anything new I test drove. I seriously doubt that can be said of many 18 year old cars.

Great car for Young person
By alex h on 07/06/08 19:44 PM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Great car gets you to point a to point b and more. This car has never gave me any problems. It runs like hell. It has been through more crap and snows and things than a little and still runs. Even after a bad accident it cranked up and drove off the scene and still runs till this date! Best car I have ever had and I think that I may ever have for a long time.