Used 1991 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

700,000 and still going 1 engine change
By J Emerson McGowan

1991 Honda Accord Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

bought new in 91. Have had some issues over the years. Got away from the dealer repair charges... was killing me. Could not walk in there without dropping $600 min. Have found 2 good mechanics who keep it running. Interior getting a bit raggedy but, it keeps running. 3rd clutch but they lasted about 300k each. Some rust out around rear wheel wells and bottom of back door. I got no car note and I am happy. Just cant part with a car that keeps running. Probably bought a cheap bmw for the money I have put in it over the years. But, scumbag mechanics in the past have not helped. Now, thank god I have 2 great guys that fix my shorty and it keeps going. Need to fix the heater core now and the dash

Favorite Features

handling, 5 spd, approx. 30 mpg still, headliner is not raggedy thanks to composite material

Suggested Improvements

get me a million miles on it... stop dealerships from charging an arm and leg.

Amazing
By c11h15no2

1991 Honda Accord Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

Well.... I bought my 1991 Accord in Feb 2010 with 138000 miles for $1600. I have no idea how many owners its had. I am thinking about buying a new car but I worry that the new car I buy won't be as reliable as my accord. I don't drive much and have only put 13,000 miles on it, but I gotta say the thing runs like a champ. I had both front axles changed, that's it so far. My next repair is an A/C leak. No leaks other then a/c, starts everytime in -20 to +105. Best car ever. The clear coat has flaked away and some rust around wheel wells. Go Honda

Old Reliable
By aggro

1991 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

My Accord has over 220,000 miles on it, and is still going strong! This car has been handed down and taking several beatings, but she's a sturdy ride. Decent on gas, and the most reliable car ever. Go, Honda!

Favorite Features

Power locks and windows

Practically Bulletproof!!!
By william621

1991 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I love this car! I bought this car new late '90 and it's been a daily driver for over 20 years. I put 225,000 miles on it, changed the oil every 5,000 miles and other routine maintainence. I had a few oddball things I had to replace from time to time but nothing horrible. It still has the original clutch! I actually had to buy a muffler a few years back, and I was so use to nothing ever giving out on the car that I kind of resented it! This car never left me on the side of the road and it started every time I turned the key! The seats have no tears, dash is without cracks, electric windows and sunroof still work. Just traded it for a certified pre-owned '07 Accord with 31,000 miles. Rock on!

Favorite Features

Ergonomic layout and great styling, crisp excelleration and great torque with a "power zone" between 2500 and 4000 RPM, though it's got great responsiveness throughout the entire range.

Suggested Improvements

No Complaints!

300.000 miles and counting
By Ashley

1991 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I ordered this car from the factory and have driven the wheels off it for 19 years. It just turned 300,000 miles this week and the engine runs very strong still. My mechanic says the engine will go 500,000. I've replaced many things over the years, cv joints, ball joints, etc. but still on original trans, engine, struts, etc. This car is a total work horse and has been worth every penny and then some. I've been looking at newer cars and with all the Honda transmission problems of late, I just keep driving my old faithful standby. Its the car at my house that ALWAYS starts.

Favorite Features

The workhorse engine, interior still looks great, sun roof.

Suggested Improvements

A little late for this but less road noise.