1991 Honda Accord Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Go with the best: Honda
By harvey on 08/20/09 21:20 PM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

I bought this car in high school, my senior year and sold my truck because I was going to college. It had 120,000 on it when I bought it. Now, 5 years later it has 356,000 miles! Although the A/C has broke and it burns a little oil, those have been my only big problems. I still own this car and drive it daily 60 miles to and from work. It has served me well.

Bullet proof Drivetrain
By 1991 Honda Accord EX on 03/12/09 23:07 PM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

I bought this car a 1 1/2 years ago from my brother with 132,000mi and its been in the family for 9 years. My brother was not very gentle to the car a matter of fact he thought it was a race car. So when I reached 142,000mi we replaced the timing belt for the first time and it was still good "Amazing" we also replaced the clutch and it was bad for the burn outs my brother did. I gave it a full tune-up and I am confident I can get easily another 150,000mi with regular maintenance. They don't make them like this anymore, if they did they would not sell cars.

91 Honda Accord EX 2Dr
By Dave on 09/10/08 07:01 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

I bought this car as a daily driver for $2000 in 2005. At first I thought I over paid for this car. I changed my mind. At 160,000 miles it still uses less than 1 Qt oil per oil change. It has some minor rust behind the rear wheels. It is fun to drive, gets 35 MPG. and can pass people if need be.

I'll miss this car!
By Gilmore on 02/19/07 14:54 PM (PST)

1991 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

I bought this car back in '03 from the 2nd owner, the 1st was a honda salesman at the local dealer. My owner's manual has his name in it! He's sold my wife's family many cars over the years. Including the '04 Accord she drives now! I love this car more than any car I've owned but the fam's growing so I'll be upgrading to a newer 4 dr Accord soon. I just felt like telling everyone what a great car this has been for me. It's been very reliable and aside from the rear quarter panel rust, which is par for this model, this '91 still looks great. I wish it had 4 doors! 16 yrs old, and I'll still get about $1000 for it. Whoever buys it could probably put another 50k on it too! Hondas Rule!

Great Little Car
By Wonderful Car on 11/30/06 16:48 PM (PST)

1991 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

Bought this car used a second hand vehicle and wow, what a smart move. Only had to perform routine maintenance (oil and filter change, water pump,timing belt, tires, alignment). This car handles and looks like a sports car with phenomenal gas mileage (380 miles to the tank) and is UNBREAKABLE. Now has 194k miles and still going strong. Honda should have kept this body style around a lot longer than it did. It is a great car.

By hon-da-man on 07/27/06 11:34 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

No major problems with this one, bought it new from the dealer and had to sell it with 196k on it for $4000. Bought an Acura to replace it, shoulda kept both. decent gas mileage at 28 mpg. Make sure you get high rated tires, this car can handle the turns.

Best Car Out There!
By Neuman on 08/20/05 15:36 PM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

Wow, this car is unbelievable! I have never had a problem with it since the day I bought it to present day. It is extremely reliable, starts up every time hot or cold. It runs very smoothly no sputtering, this car runs the same as it did when I drove it off the lot..I bot it with 184K miles on it, and it now has 245K miles on it and still runs like new, IT WONT DIE..after all its a Honda...Retail value still at $3400 not bad for a 14 year old car! Oh and its very economical, between 450- 460 miles to the tank!

Incredible (for a 13 year old car)
By moitz on 07/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

Pros: Roomy, comfortable, RELIABLE, still looks nice after 13 years. Interior still perfect. Handles like a dream. Quiet ride on Yokohama Avid H4. Good low and high end power. Cons: Rust. Automatic transmission tends to gear hunt a bit. Expensive routine maintenance (Honda plugs, Honda fluids, Honda filters, Honda pads, Honda rotors). Rust Timing belt every 60-90,000 miles. Rust. Windows tend to rattle and the track bolts need to be thread-locked into place. And did I mention rust? Verdict: SPECTACULAR budget commuter car.

Awesome Car
By asdasdf on 05/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

Runs, handles and performs super. Excellent build quality

Super Car
By lushan on 09/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

Awesome Car..cant beat the relailbility and the drive...engine rocks...very responsive...feel the road!