Used 1991 Honda Accord EX Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

1991 Honda Accord Coupe

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Go with the best: Honda
By harvey

1991 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

I bought this car in high school, my senior year and sold my truck because I was going to college. It had 120,000 on it when I bought it. Now, 5 years later it has 356,000 miles! Although the A/C has broke and it burns a little oil, those have been my only big problems. I still own this car and drive it daily 60 miles to and from work. It has served me well.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage (32 mpg).

Suggested Improvements

Don't care for the auto seat belt.

Bullet proof Drivetrain
By 1991 Honda Accord EX

1991 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

I bought this car a 1 1/2 years ago from my brother with 132,000mi and its been in the family for 9 years. My brother was not very gentle to the car a matter of fact he thought it was a race car. So when I reached 142,000mi we replaced the timing belt for the first time and it was still good "Amazing" we also replaced the clutch and it was bad for the burn outs my brother did. I gave it a full tune-up and I am confident I can get easily another 150,000mi with regular maintenance. They don't make them like this anymore, if they did they would not sell cars.

Favorite Features

Very Fun to Drive 5spd, after my tune-up I now get 30mi a gallon, with A/C on 27mi a gallon.

Suggested Improvements

Highly quality built, 95% of the car is original. Improvements were made on newer models like antilock brakes

91 Honda Accord EX 2Dr
By Dave

1991 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

I bought this car as a daily driver for $2000 in 2005. At first I thought I over paid for this car. I changed my mind. At 160,000 miles it still uses less than 1 Qt oil per oil change. It has some minor rust behind the rear wheels. It is fun to drive, gets 35 MPG. and can pass people if need be.

Favorite Features

Favorite feature: Leather seats with a 5 speed Manual Transmission. Power Steering, Locks, Windows, Cruise, Tilt, AC/DC, Sunroof/Moonroof 2 Door (Large rear seat).

Suggested Improvements

Many parts on this car are Dealer only. Parts should be easier to purchase.

I'll miss this car!
By Gilmore

1991 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

I bought this car back in '03 from the 2nd owner, the 1st was a honda salesman at the local dealer. My owner's manual has his name in it! He's sold my wife's family many cars over the years. Including the '04 Accord she drives now! I love this car more than any car I've owned but the fam's growing so I'll be upgrading to a newer 4 dr Accord soon. I just felt like telling everyone what a great car this has been for me. It's been very reliable and aside from the rear quarter panel rust, which is par for this model, this '91 still looks great. I wish it had 4 doors! 16 yrs old, and I'll still get about $1000 for it. Whoever buys it could probably put another 50k on it too! Hondas Rule!

Favorite Features

Reliable, Fun to Drive, Stylish, Comfortable driver seat, Handles like a sports car, Value Retention, Good Speakers, Always Starts!!!

Suggested Improvements

Dome light stopped working for driver door, Antenas poor, the aforementioned rust, lack of doors.

Great Little Car
By Wonderful Car

1991 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

Bought this car used a second hand vehicle and wow, what a smart move. Only had to perform routine maintenance (oil and filter change, water pump,timing belt, tires, alignment). This car handles and looks like a sports car with phenomenal gas mileage (380 miles to the tank) and is UNBREAKABLE. Now has 194k miles and still going strong. Honda should have kept this body style around a lot longer than it did. It is a great car.

Favorite Features

Looks, handling, sunroof, fuel economy, reliability. You really have to try to break this car!

Suggested Improvements

Automatic transmission shifts roughly, the cupholders are too small, car vibrates when idling that seems to be unfixable, could use a bit more power. All these issues have been addressed on later models though.