1991 Honda Accord Coupe 2.2L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Reviews

1991 Honda Accord Coupe - Consumer Reviews

LX Coupe (2.2L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
In the Family since 1991
By 91hondaaccord on 11/25/14 00:14 AM (PST)

1991 Honda Accord Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

My grandparents purchased this beast in 1991 fresh off the lot on New Year's Eve. After they decided it was time to upgrade, they sold her onto my Aunt, from there my parents bought her for my sister when she turned 16 for $1500 (they only wanted $1000). Once my sister bought her own car the Honda was past on to me. She has 239,000 miles, and was just beautifully repainted (cost was almost as much as she was worth...). She has had a new transmission, A/C, and minor upgrades throughout the six years she has been in the possession of my parents. Great reliability, but gas milage isn't nearly as good as others (I'm getting low - mid 20s, but I driver her hard).

Get one with low miles!
By Dillon on 06/01/10 11:03 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

Got this car after I wrecked my 93 Mustang for $1800 with about 165k miles on it. It's a good car, not much more could be asked for with the price I paid. The AC went from freezing me out to not working in a few weeks, the variable speed sensor is going out (a common problem with this model), the trunk is leaking, needs new CV joints, a tune up, and I have had head gasket work done, a new battery and alternator, and a new timing belt. It's a great car still, but it's a money pit. Once something goes wrong, everything starts to follow. The gas mileage is the saving grace; I get about 40 highway and around 32-34 in town.

Very Nice Car
By Dillon on 03/19/10 07:54 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

I bought this car about a week after the transmission in my 93 Mustang went out and I haven't had too many problems out of it. It gets great mileage (about 38-40 highway and 30-32 city), it's reliable, cheap and easy to maintain and fix, and you can always find parts if you need them. After several months of driving it and putting miles on it (I bought it with 170,000 and now have 184,000) I've had to do some work on it. I replaced the entire exhaust system, new head gasket, water pump, fuel filter and pump, and tires of course. I need to get a tune up and some new CV joints, but after that, it'll be a great car for school next year!

Great Reliable Car!
By Lisa on 07/17/09 08:34 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

I purchased this car brand new in 1991 and I love this car! It has been the most reliable car ever. I have kept up oil changes, replaced timing belt, replaced air conditioner, replaced cv joint and just recently replaced the alternator. I had it repainted and windshield tinted and replaced the hubcaps with new Honda ones. Still a beauty and the shape timeless. This car has 220,000 miles on it and I hope to see another 100,000 miles!

I'm back Honda
By PickHonda on 11/07/06 21:59 PM (PST)

1991 Honda Accord Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

3 yrs ago I sold my Integra and have missed it everyday. I bought a Mazda/Ford 626 and regret it. Since its sat broken for the last yr, I needed something to get me to work and school. I found my Accord for sell for a scamp $900. It had a dented fender and a $100 paint job. It's got over 220k, but that didn't discourage me. It runs like a Honda (like a Swiss watch). Balanced and beautiful. It's not the most powerful, but with the 5spd, it makes it fun. I love the sound of a high revving Honda. I don't like having the same car as everyone else, but there is a reason for that. You don't mess with perfection. I'm not saying Hondas are without fault, but compared to everything else, it almost is.

Reliability is what it's all about
By Alan on 01/31/06 19:59 PM (PST)

1991 Honda Accord Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

Reliability in a car is most important to me. Presently the car has 293k and still retains a good bit of the original parts. Other than the usual tires, brakes, exhaust replacements and timing belt every 90k I've had few problems. Yes, the ignitor failed at 115k but the dealer covered it under recall in '96. Try to get Ford or Chevy to do that! The distributor bearing went at 157k, the alternator lasted 240k and I finally had to do the axles. A few problems have cropped up recently but geez, most other cars wouldn't have even made it this far! So what if I use a quart of oil every 750 miles.Oil is cheap! 12 years,20 below or 100 above, it has started 8758 out of 8760 tries. That's reliable!

Best Car I Have Owned
By Graham on 03/21/05 14:25 PM (PST)

1991 Honda Accord Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

255,000 miles, and only now has it started to burn oil. I may install a rebuilt engine in order to keep using it.

ACCORD WORKHORSE
By BO REGARD on 03/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Honda Accord Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

My 1991 Honda Accord was purchased off the showroom floor at the dealership. The car has performed beyond my expectations, at 155ooo miles I have never had a breakdown of any kind. The car is still in mint condition, it has been garaged throughout its' years and has been serviced regularly since it was purchased. The Seattle Silver paint looks like the day I bought the car over 13 years ago, additionally the burgundy interior is as nice as a new car. It's still recognized on the street by a regular joe simply for the obvious TLC its owner has provided. Honda made a fine automobile in 1991 with its' Accord line. Bravo !

Impressive!!
By Honda_fond on 02/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Honda Accord Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

I bought this used (110K) vehicle for my college bound son several years ago. He recently returned it to me with 170K miles as he succumbed to a new vehicle attraction. I replaced the alternator and a rear strut that was rattling and I am driving it daily about 100 miles. I'm averaging 32 MPH and it is as tight and peppy as one half its age. First auto I've owned in 62 years that I've felt safe in driving these distances with the miles that are on it. It will be my work ride until I retire, I hope. Just don't overlook the timing belt!!!

Great car if it does not kill you
By almostaccordfan on 12/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Honda Accord Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

My wife and I purchased this car in February 91. We have taken moderately good care of it and it still looks and drives great. But it has dangerously stranded us twice. At 80,000 miles the distributor went out stranding my wife at night on a rural Texas road. There had been a recall on the offending distributor but Honda never told us. At 110,000 miles something else electrical went out on a broiling hot day, on a treeless rural road stranding us with our newborn. A couple of state troopers drove slowly by in their air conditioned car, looked us over and drove off. I hated them worse than Honda at that moment.