1991 Honda Accord Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Get one with low miles!
By Dillon on 06/01/10 11:03 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

Got this car after I wrecked my 93 Mustang for $1800 with about 165k miles on it. It's a good car, not much more could be asked for with the price I paid. The AC went from freezing me out to not working in a few weeks, the variable speed sensor is going out (a common problem with this model), the trunk is leaking, needs new CV joints, a tune up, and I have had head gasket work done, a new battery and alternator, and a new timing belt. It's a great car still, but it's a money pit. Once something goes wrong, everything starts to follow. The gas mileage is the saving grace; I get about 40 highway and around 32-34 in town.

Very Nice Car
By Dillon on 03/19/10 07:54 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

I bought this car about a week after the transmission in my 93 Mustang went out and I haven't had too many problems out of it. It gets great mileage (about 38-40 highway and 30-32 city), it's reliable, cheap and easy to maintain and fix, and you can always find parts if you need them. After several months of driving it and putting miles on it (I bought it with 170,000 and now have 184,000) I've had to do some work on it. I replaced the entire exhaust system, new head gasket, water pump, fuel filter and pump, and tires of course. I need to get a tune up and some new CV joints, but after that, it'll be a great car for school next year!

Go with the best: Honda
By harvey on 08/20/09 21:20 PM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

I bought this car in high school, my senior year and sold my truck because I was going to college. It had 120,000 on it when I bought it. Now, 5 years later it has 356,000 miles! Although the A/C has broke and it burns a little oil, those have been my only big problems. I still own this car and drive it daily 60 miles to and from work. It has served me well.

Great Reliable Car!
By Lisa on 07/17/09 08:34 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

I purchased this car brand new in 1991 and I love this car! It has been the most reliable car ever. I have kept up oil changes, replaced timing belt, replaced air conditioner, replaced cv joint and just recently replaced the alternator. I had it repainted and windshield tinted and replaced the hubcaps with new Honda ones. Still a beauty and the shape timeless. This car has 220,000 miles on it and I hope to see another 100,000 miles!

Bullet proof Drivetrain
By 1991 Honda Accord EX on 03/12/09 23:07 PM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

I bought this car a 1 1/2 years ago from my brother with 132,000mi and its been in the family for 9 years. My brother was not very gentle to the car a matter of fact he thought it was a race car. So when I reached 142,000mi we replaced the timing belt for the first time and it was still good "Amazing" we also replaced the clutch and it was bad for the burn outs my brother did. I gave it a full tune-up and I am confident I can get easily another 150,000mi with regular maintenance. They don't make them like this anymore, if they did they would not sell cars.

91 Honda Accord EX 2Dr
By Dave on 09/10/08 07:01 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

I bought this car as a daily driver for $2000 in 2005. At first I thought I over paid for this car. I changed my mind. At 160,000 miles it still uses less than 1 Qt oil per oil change. It has some minor rust behind the rear wheels. It is fun to drive, gets 35 MPG. and can pass people if need be.

Just say no
By Rosa on 07/28/08 16:22 PM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord Coupe DX 2dr Coupe

I owned the 1991 Honda Accord dx. It was the worst car I have ever had. It had electrical problems up the Yang. And left me ( mother of 2 ) stranded all the time.

Best car ever!
By bigsquat on 04/04/08 13:05 PM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord Coupe DX 2dr Coupe

We bought this car new in '91 and just yesterday bought a new car to replace it. This is by far the best car we've ever owned and has been a reliability champ. Rust through in the rear fenders due to climate and winter driving are the only issues we've had over 17 years owning it. Honda is best car manufacturer in terms of reliability and quality, hands down. We just bought a new Pilot yesterday and I would be shocked if we don't get the same quality and reliability out of it as this Accord. We're donating it to charity since it still runs perfectly and still has years to go. Unfortunately, trade-in value is negligible at this point, so better to give it to a needy soul than a dealer!

I'll miss this car!
By Gilmore on 02/19/07 14:54 PM (PST)

1991 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

I bought this car back in '03 from the 2nd owner, the 1st was a honda salesman at the local dealer. My owner's manual has his name in it! He's sold my wife's family many cars over the years. Including the '04 Accord she drives now! I love this car more than any car I've owned but the fam's growing so I'll be upgrading to a newer 4 dr Accord soon. I just felt like telling everyone what a great car this has been for me. It's been very reliable and aside from the rear quarter panel rust, which is par for this model, this '91 still looks great. I wish it had 4 doors! 16 yrs old, and I'll still get about $1000 for it. Whoever buys it could probably put another 50k on it too! Hondas Rule!

Great Little Car
By Wonderful Car on 11/30/06 16:48 PM (PST)

1991 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

Bought this car used a second hand vehicle and wow, what a smart move. Only had to perform routine maintenance (oil and filter change, water pump,timing belt, tires, alignment). This car handles and looks like a sports car with phenomenal gas mileage (380 miles to the tank) and is UNBREAKABLE. Now has 194k miles and still going strong. Honda should have kept this body style around a lot longer than it did. It is a great car.