1991 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Goodbye trusty friend
By darren on 02/03/08 09:19 AM (PST)

1991 Honda Accord EX 4dr Wagon

I loved this car. Purchased used w/140k on it 6 years ago. Sold it this week, with 225k. The interior STILL LOOKS NEW. The ride was like a cruise-missle-on-rails. Handling would put most sports cars to shame. Would go fast if you pushed it. Had to get used to the auto trannys whiplash shifting. Very versatile/useful for small family. Comfy on long hauls. Experienced 400-600$ in repairs annually, INCLUDING TIRES but that can be expected if you drive old cars. Did have to replace motor at 215k- suspected that damage due to faulty oil maintenance before I owned it finally caught up with it.Old engine consumed 2+qts between changes. Now needs less than 1qt. The car has gone on to its 4th happy owner.

My Honda Wagon
By Walter on 11/25/07 18:26 PM (PST)

1991 Honda Accord EX 4dr Wagon

This is an outstanding vehicle, I have 199,657 miles on this vehicle. It always accelerated well taking off and when I needed to pick up speed. I drive it to work 5 days some times 6 days a week. Never had any major mechanical work done. I plan to drive it for another 100,000 miles or have it overhaul if it is ever needed.

1991 Black Beauty-5speed
By Crazy about Imports on 08/06/06 11:43 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord EX 4dr Wagon

This car has 207,000! The hatch is so great for hauling anything and the styling still looks great. Much more economical on gas than a van or SUV and more fun to drive. My husband had reservations about a wagon but he now loves the versatility and how much we can pack in it. The fact that the rear bottom seat cushions pull up for extra storage & cleaning is way cool. The seats are still firm after 16 years. We have had the usual replacing of old and worn parts but it has been an exceptional car. It is unfortunate that Honda does not make them anymore in a car market full of wagons & crossovers. It will be sold soon to make way for way for a Toyota Prius that we have on order.

Honda Wagons Rule !!
By Jane W. on 08/15/05 21:30 PM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord EX 4dr Wagon

I purchased my EX wagon new and have kept it serviced when scheduled. It is a great car and I can't understand why Honda doesn't bring back the wagon. The five speed transmission is fun to drive although the 4 cylinder engine doesn't have alot of "get up and go". But, it sure beats the mileage of the trucks and SUV's that fly past me at a take-off with their gas gauges nearing empty. I've driven my Honda from Ontario, Ca. to San Francisco with gas to spare. The car has given me nearly 280,000 miles and I'm sure will get to 350,000 before a new engine is needed. I replaced the factory clutch at 212,000 miles. What more could one ask for in a car ?

Wagon Ho!
By steven A. on 06/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord EX 4dr Wagon

With well over 200K on the odometer, this baby runs like a dream needing only routine maintenance. Only broke down once in 12 years. Still feels tight and solid with only one little rattle in the dome light. Seems as if it will last forever if you take reasonable care of it. I am sold on Honda!

excellent overall car
By deathbytech on 01/14/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Honda Accord EX 4dr Wagon

I've had this car alittle under 2 months and I love it. I bought it used at 152000 but the previous owners kept it in very good shape. It's extremely driver friendly and very stylish. The stock stereo that came with it was lacking but technology has advanced much with this feature. I got a nicer deck for it and the stock speakers aren't bad. I plan on getting aftermarket speakers as well. Overall, this is an excellent car with lots of space for hauling equipment (I'm a drummer) and unbelievable gas mileage.

sporty wagon reliable
By byrofree on 01/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Honda Accord EX 4dr Wagon

Great car for price, mine has over 180000 miles and the engine and transmission are strong. Installed cold air filter helped increase top end power. Regular maintenance-and worn parts, but car overall is strong and reliable. ALWAYS replace main relay switch as these go bad in hot humid weather.

Best used car I have ever owned.
By schooner on 07/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord EX 4dr Wagon

I have owned many used cars in the past, and this one puts to rest the feeling that I will need to buy another anytime soon. I got a whole lot more than I paid for. At 115,000 miles, I cannot believe the smoothness of the ride and how immacualet the interior is. I think I will be able to get another EASY 100,000 miles out of it. Great car.

Fantastic car
By browillard on 06/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord EX 4dr Wagon

I bought this car used with 145,000 miles in 2000. I have since put 45,000 more miles on it and is still performs like a dream. No major repairs needed. Replaced timing belt at 145,000. Routine maintainence is all that is needed. This car is extremely reliable, what can you say it's a Honda!

200K and still kicking
By shoonman on 05/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord EX 4dr Wagon

This car has been great ever since I got it at 75K miles. It drives the same as the day I bought it. New radiator and AC with regular oil changes have kept this car in great shape. The paint seal is going on the hood and yes the antenna needs regular lubrication to keep it retracting (silicone works well). What do you expect from a 12 year old? Go Honda!