Used 1991 Honda Accord EX Consumer Reviews - 14 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

1991 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

I became THAT Soccer Mom
By Alexis Dolan

1991 Honda Accord EX 4dr Wagon

Love this car! It was my first (and so far only) new car when I bought it 24 years ago - I raised two kids with this car - from infant seats to pop-ups, coolers, first aid kits and extra clothes in the back for club team soccer tournaments, this car has never left me or them by the side of the road. I'm at 225000 miles and still never worry about jumping in the car for a road trip. Never took it to a dealer - too expensive. Have a long term shop that has taken care of it for the last 10 years. I have a 5 speed manual, and I love driving it, it is a dream car. Honda got it right with this one!

Goodbye trusty friend
By darren

1991 Honda Accord EX 4dr Wagon

I loved this car. Purchased used w/140k on it 6 years ago. Sold it this week, with 225k. The interior STILL LOOKS NEW. The ride was like a cruise-missle-on-rails. Handling would put most sports cars to shame. Would go fast if you pushed it. Had to get used to the auto trannys whiplash shifting. Very versatile/useful for small family. Comfy on long hauls. Experienced 400-600$ in repairs annually, INCLUDING TIRES but that can be expected if you drive old cars. Did have to replace motor at 215k- suspected that damage due to faulty oil maintenance before I owned it finally caught up with it.Old engine consumed 2+qts between changes. Now needs less than 1qt. The car has gone on to its 4th happy owner.

Ride, handling, performance. Useful & versatile. Interior comfort, durability and quality.

Smoother shifting automatic transmission, wish I could get better than 27mpg on highway, add another 12v outlet.

My Honda Wagon
By Walter

1991 Honda Accord EX 4dr Wagon

This is an outstanding vehicle, I have 199,657 miles on this vehicle. It always accelerated well taking off and when I needed to pick up speed. I drive it to work 5 days some times 6 days a week. Never had any major mechanical work done. I plan to drive it for another 100,000 miles or have it overhaul if it is ever needed.

Sunroof, rear seats fold down and shift mode select when driving in town and slow traffice.

Cup holders.

1991 Black Beauty-5speed
By Crazy about Imports

1991 Honda Accord EX 4dr Wagon

This car has 207,000! The hatch is so great for hauling anything and the styling still looks great. Much more economical on gas than a van or SUV and more fun to drive. My husband had reservations about a wagon but he now loves the versatility and how much we can pack in it. The fact that the rear bottom seat cushions pull up for extra storage & cleaning is way cool. The seats are still firm after 16 years. We have had the usual replacing of old and worn parts but it has been an exceptional car. It is unfortunate that Honda does not make them anymore in a car market full of wagons & crossovers. It will be sold soon to make way for way for a Toyota Prius that we have on order.

Reliability!! 5-speed, moonroof, driving lights, flip up rear seat bottoms. cargo cover & net, sharp styling, paint-black with gold metalflake

None for it being a '91. Thank goodness that Honda has changed those little moisture trapping rubber seals around the wheel wells. I ripped mine off shortly after I bought it with 74,000 miles on it,when mine was 2 years old but it was already too late. It has a little cancer on the driver's side.

Honda Wagons Rule !!
By Jane W.

1991 Honda Accord EX 4dr Wagon

I purchased my EX wagon new and have kept it serviced when scheduled. It is a great car and I can't understand why Honda doesn't bring back the wagon. The five speed transmission is fun to drive although the 4 cylinder engine doesn't have alot of "get up and go". But, it sure beats the mileage of the trucks and SUV's that fly past me at a take-off with their gas gauges nearing empty. I've driven my Honda from Ontario, Ca. to San Francisco with gas to spare. The car has given me nearly 280,000 miles and I'm sure will get to 350,000 before a new engine is needed. I replaced the factory clutch at 212,000 miles. What more could one ask for in a car ?

Mileage, sun-roof, ablity to haul many things, comfort

Nothing really except for Honda to make another wagon not a quasi replacement like the Element...