Used 1991 Honda Accord SE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Amazing
By c11h15no2

1991 Honda Accord SE 4dr Sedan

Well.... I bought my 1991 Accord in Feb 2010 with 138000 miles for $1600. I have no idea how many owners its had. I am thinking about buying a new car but I worry that the new car I buy won't be as reliable as my accord. I don't drive much and have only put 13,000 miles on it, but I gotta say the thing runs like a champ. I had both front axles changed, that's it so far. My next repair is an A/C leak. No leaks other then a/c, starts everytime in -20 to +105. Best car ever. The clear coat has flaked away and some rust around wheel wells. Go Honda

1991 Honda Accord SE
By Les R Howell

1991 Honda Accord SE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new 1991. My wife and I have put 271050 miles on it. When I bought a new Toyota, Avalon, 2001- I didn't sell this car and let it sit for over two years in my drive. Put the key in two years later and... Voom! Wonderful car. Excellent gas mileage. Very quick and it just sings when you start it. Honda mechanics love to work on it (three new timing belts, new tires, new brakes), no engine problems- none, nota, zilch. Still just as quick as ever. Does not have air bags and my wife refuses to let my daughter drive it without them. Must sell. Every car should want to be like this one. It is possible to love a machine... though I never thought so.

Looks great, it just works like a good car should. About 25-29 mpg.

I guess the finish might show less wear. What should a 20 year old car's finish look like.

good mileage
By geys

1991 Honda Accord SE 4dr Sedan

i actually like this car we bought for our daughter in college more than our 2002 honda accord se..wish i had looked for an older one before i purchased new.

good milegae and seems safe

wheel wells on almost everyone seems to be rusted out.

Marathon Man
By long runner

1991 Honda Accord SE 4dr Sedan

This car just goes and goes... 13 yrs old 180M+ miles Other than oil & filter changes, Repairs limited to tires, timing belt (2), Brakes (72M miles), muffler (1) Fuel mileage: 27 city 34 highway Spark plugs replaced once. Paint in excellent shape. No rust!!!

Reliability and good engineering. Still looks good after 13 years.

Would be better if rear seat was a split fold down and not the full fold down type. Honda addressed other minor details in subsequent models.

Good for its time
By Noah

1991 Honda Accord SE 4dr Sedan

I have owned this car for just over a year and haven't found it to be as "bullet-proof" as my other (86 Accord LXi and 87 Prelude Si) Hondas. It does get good mileage, handles well, and is well-built. It shows its age in the design of cup holders, passive restraint seatbelts, and the size of the cabin. Still in all, it runs well and is reliable.

Easy to handle in tight quarters, rides well at highway speeds, enjoy the moonroof -- body is still tight at 112K miles.

Interior ergonomics are dated and were better designed in more recent years