1991 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Amazing
By c11h15no2 on 04/23/13 18:58 PM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord SE 4dr Sedan

Well.... I bought my 1991 Accord in Feb 2010 with 138000 miles for $1600. I have no idea how many owners its had. I am thinking about buying a new car but I worry that the new car I buy won't be as reliable as my accord. I don't drive much and have only put 13,000 miles on it, but I gotta say the thing runs like a champ. I had both front axles changed, that's it so far. My next repair is an A/C leak. No leaks other then a/c, starts everytime in -20 to +105. Best car ever. The clear coat has flaked away and some rust around wheel wells. Go Honda

1991 Honda Accord SE
By Les R Howell on 10/13/09 10:51 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord SE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new 1991. My wife and I have put 271050 miles on it. When I bought a new Toyota, Avalon, 2001- I didn't sell this car and let it sit for over two years in my drive. Put the key in two years later and... Voom! Wonderful car. Excellent gas mileage. Very quick and it just sings when you start it. Honda mechanics love to work on it (three new timing belts, new tires, new brakes), no engine problems- none, nota, zilch. Still just as quick as ever. Does not have air bags and my wife refuses to let my daughter drive it without them. Must sell. Every car should want to be like this one. It is possible to love a machine... though I never thought so.

good mileage
By geys on 02/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Honda Accord SE 4dr Sedan

i actually like this car we bought for our daughter in college more than our 2002 honda accord se..wish i had looked for an older one before i purchased new.

Marathon Man
By long runner on 08/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord SE 4dr Sedan

This car just goes and goes... 13 yrs old 180M+ miles Other than oil & filter changes, Repairs limited to tires, timing belt (2), Brakes (72M miles), muffler (1) Fuel mileage: 27 city 34 highway Spark plugs replaced once. Paint in excellent shape. No rust!!!

Good for its time
By Noah on 10/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord SE 4dr Sedan

I have owned this car for just over a year and haven't found it to be as "bullet-proof" as my other (86 Accord LXi and 87 Prelude Si) Hondas. It does get good mileage, handles well, and is well-built. It shows its age in the design of cup holders, passive restraint seatbelts, and the size of the cabin. Still in all, it runs well and is reliable.

Great car for the money
By lenny@serrani.com on 08/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord SE 4dr Sedan

I got this as a 3rd car to run long trips (150 mi). I was impressed with the shape it was in for a 10 year old car. That says a lot for the honda design. This is my first Honda and would buy one again. I actually find myself taking the honda instead of my NEW cars. I get 26 mpg (i don't drive slow) and put on 25K mi. already with no major problems. (just some break jobs). Just a great car!

Always reliable
By sdgrant on 06/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord SE 4dr Sedan

I bought my Accord SE Sedan in Oct. '98 with 48,500 miles. I've added almost 100K miles since, and it has been extremely reliable and consistent. The leather interior and extra 15 HP and 5 pd.-ft. of torque over the DX, EX, and LX models are nice, too. I think it accelerates better than our 2002 Mustang V6 convertible. No major maintenance other than timing belt. Sometimes doesn't start because of typical problem with fuel pump relay, but that's a known problem, and I just key off/on until it goes.

was^
By little nikky on 06/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord SE 4dr Sedan

It has broken down a couple of times.