Used 1991 Honda Accord DX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

1991 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Just say no
By Rosa

1991 Honda Accord DX 2dr Coupe

I owned the 1991 Honda Accord dx. It was the worst car I have ever had. It had electrical problems up the Yang. And left me ( mother of 2 ) stranded all the time.

Favorite Features

None

Suggested Improvements

Everything in this car should be improved.

Best car ever!
By bigsquat

1991 Honda Accord DX 2dr Coupe

We bought this car new in '91 and just yesterday bought a new car to replace it. This is by far the best car we've ever owned and has been a reliability champ. Rust through in the rear fenders due to climate and winter driving are the only issues we've had over 17 years owning it. Honda is best car manufacturer in terms of reliability and quality, hands down. We just bought a new Pilot yesterday and I would be shocked if we don't get the same quality and reliability out of it as this Accord. We're donating it to charity since it still runs perfectly and still has years to go. Unfortunately, trade-in value is negligible at this point, so better to give it to a needy soul than a dealer!

Favorite Features

Everything...just a great car: handling, braking, performance!

Suggested Improvements

None

she's still kickin'!!
By tr0s

1991 Honda Accord DX 2dr Coupe

I bought this car with 134k on it for just under 5 grand when i was in high school. I figured, it's a honda so it'll last. I had no idea. after regular maintenance (timing belt/waterpump, brakes, oil, etc) this car has been very dependable. i've replaced the radiator, tranny, and torque converter. On the coldest days it fires right up and takes off, no warm up time or anything. I strongly recommend honda to anyone!

Favorite Features

plenty of power for a 4 banger! i have over 250,000 miles and spun through all four gears last week on a wet road! i've beaten brand new stratus's, jeeps, and i can still chirp the tires off the line! not bad for 125 horses that are now 13 years old!

Suggested Improvements

better traction, seems to lose it all in the snow/rain, better headlight visibility at night.