Used 1991 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 116 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

1991 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

I became THAT Soccer Mom
By Alexis Dolan

1991 Honda Accord EX 4dr Wagon

Love this car! It was my first (and so far only) new car when I bought it 24 years ago - I raised two kids with this car - from infant seats to pop-ups, coolers, first aid kits and extra clothes in the back for club team soccer tournaments, this car has never left me or them by the side of the road. I'm at 225000 miles and still never worry about jumping in the car for a road trip. Never took it to a dealer - too expensive. Have a long term shop that has taken care of it for the last 10 years. I have a 5 speed manual, and I love driving it, it is a dream car. Honda got it right with this one!

700,000 and still going 1 engine change
By J Emerson McGowan

1991 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan

bought new in 91. Have had some issues over the years. Got away from the dealer repair charges... was killing me. Could not walk in there without dropping $600 min. Have found 2 good mechanics who keep it running. Interior getting a bit raggedy but, it keeps running. 3rd clutch but they lasted about 300k each. Some rust out around rear wheel wells and bottom of back door. I got no car note and I am happy. Just cant part with a car that keeps running. Probably bought a cheap bmw for the money I have put in it over the years. But, scumbag mechanics in the past have not helped. Now, thank god I have 2 great guys that fix my shorty and it keeps going. Need to fix the heater core now and the dash

handling, 5 spd, approx. 30 mpg still, headliner is not raggedy thanks to composite material

get me a million miles on it... stop dealerships from charging an arm and leg.

In the Family since 1991
By 91hondaaccord

1991 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

My grandparents purchased this beast in 1991 fresh off the lot on New Year's Eve. After they decided it was time to upgrade, they sold her onto my Aunt, from there my parents bought her for my sister when she turned 16 for $1500 (they only wanted $1000). Once my sister bought her own car the Honda was past on to me. She has 239,000 miles, and was just beautifully repainted (cost was almost as much as she was worth...). She has had a new transmission, A/C, and minor upgrades throughout the six years she has been in the possession of my parents. Great reliability, but gas milage isn't nearly as good as others (I'm getting low - mid 20s, but I driver her hard).

Great handling, visibility for changing lanes, roomy. Why don't they ever have the 2dr. coupe, LX model in Automatic as an option?!? Well thats what I've got.

It's quite low for me (6'4"). When my dad (6'5") and I are in it together we touch shoulders. I need to get a new radio, antenna, and speakers, hubcaps, and she will be better than new. Only issue I have with her mechanically is that when I start her and its cold (either outside or in the garage at school) theres a squeal from one of the belts slipping. I believe it's connected to the A/C, but the mechanics have yet to hear it and believe me...only issue is it causes some decent embarrassment when I'm in a lot of Range Rovers, Audis, BMWs, and Mercedes at a university with tuition at $50,000+ a year. But she's mine and I love her!

Amazing
By c11h15no2

1991 Honda Accord SE 4dr Sedan

Well....
I bought my 1991 Accord in Feb 2010 with 138000 miles for $1600. I have no idea how many owners its had. I am thinking about buying a new car but I worry that the new car I buy won't be as reliable as my accord.
I don't drive much and have only put 13,000 miles on it, but I gotta say the thing runs like a champ. I had both front axles changed, that's it so far. My next repair is an A/C leak. No leaks other then a/c, starts everytime in -20 to +105. Best car ever.
The clear coat has flaked away and some rust around wheel wells. Go Honda

Old Reliable
By aggro

1991 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

My Accord has over 220,000 miles on it, and is still going strong!
This car has been handed down and taking several beatings, but she's a sturdy ride.
Decent on gas, and the most reliable car ever.
Go, Honda!