1991 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
In the Family since 1991
By 91hondaaccord on 11/25/14 00:14 AM (PST)

1991 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

My grandparents purchased this beast in 1991 fresh off the lot on New Year's Eve. After they decided it was time to upgrade, they sold her onto my Aunt, from there my parents bought her for my sister when she turned 16 for $1500 (they only wanted $1000). Once my sister bought her own car the Honda was past on to me. She has 239,000 miles, and was just beautifully repainted (cost was almost as much as she was worth...). She has had a new transmission, A/C, and minor upgrades throughout the six years she has been in the possession of my parents. Great reliability, but gas milage isn't nearly as good as others (I'm getting low - mid 20s, but I driver her hard).

Amazing
By c11h15no2 on 04/23/13 18:58 PM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord SE 4dr Sedan

Well.... I bought my 1991 Accord in Feb 2010 with 138000 miles for $1600. I have no idea how many owners its had. I am thinking about buying a new car but I worry that the new car I buy won't be as reliable as my accord. I don't drive much and have only put 13,000 miles on it, but I gotta say the thing runs like a champ. I had both front axles changed, that's it so far. My next repair is an A/C leak. No leaks other then a/c, starts everytime in -20 to +105. Best car ever. The clear coat has flaked away and some rust around wheel wells. Go Honda

Old Reliable
By aggro on 06/24/11 10:52 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

My Accord has over 220,000 miles on it, and is still going strong! This car has been handed down and taking several beatings, but she's a sturdy ride. Decent on gas, and the most reliable car ever. Go, Honda!

Practically Bulletproof!!!
By william621 on 04/11/11 06:53 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I love this car! I bought this car new late '90 and it's been a daily driver for over 20 years. I put 225,000 miles on it, changed the oil every 5,000 miles and other routine maintainence. I had a few oddball things I had to replace from time to time but nothing horrible. It still has the original clutch! I actually had to buy a muffler a few years back, and I was so use to nothing ever giving out on the car that I kind of resented it! This car never left me on the side of the road and it started every time I turned the key! The seats have no tears, dash is without cracks, electric windows and sunroof still work. Just traded it for a certified pre-owned '07 Accord with 31,000 miles. Rock on!

300.000 miles and counting
By Ashley on 08/24/10 08:53 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I ordered this car from the factory and have driven the wheels off it for 19 years. It just turned 300,000 miles this week and the engine runs very strong still. My mechanic says the engine will go 500,000. I've replaced many things over the years, cv joints, ball joints, etc. but still on original trans, engine, struts, etc. This car is a total work horse and has been worth every penny and then some. I've been looking at newer cars and with all the Honda transmission problems of late, I just keep driving my old faithful standby. Its the car at my house that ALWAYS starts.

'91 Accord DX
By Dave on 07/01/10 12:36 PM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan

This car survived the summers of Nevada and the winters of Massachusetts. It was a solid no-frills workhorse that got me where I needed to go for over 19 years. For the last few years, it needed a major repair per year, but only this last year did it cost me over $500. The engine has held up very well, and the fuel efficiency has been great.

First car. Best car.
By 91 accord on 06/21/10 17:49 PM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

So my 1991 Honda Accord Lx sedan is by far the best car i have driven.Bought it from some family friends with 42k on it. Its a 5 speed (which is very nice) and has power everything, which for a 91 is bulletproof. It's a great car through and through, I drive it probably harder than a should but besides the fact its pretty heavy and FWD its a blast to drive.The 2.2 liter gets up and goes even with passengers. I find this car very comfortable and I'm 6'3" and weigh 200 lbs. All the systems work great, the AC, the power steering, the cruise control. I think ill eventually move on to an s2000 but this car is absolutely the best car for the money. Driving it hard has not given me any issues. Love it.

Get one with low miles!
By Dillon on 06/01/10 11:03 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

Got this car after I wrecked my 93 Mustang for $1800 with about 165k miles on it. It's a good car, not much more could be asked for with the price I paid. The AC went from freezing me out to not working in a few weeks, the variable speed sensor is going out (a common problem with this model), the trunk is leaking, needs new CV joints, a tune up, and I have had head gasket work done, a new battery and alternator, and a new timing belt. It's a great car still, but it's a money pit. Once something goes wrong, everything starts to follow. The gas mileage is the saving grace; I get about 40 highway and around 32-34 in town.

Very Nice Car
By Dillon on 03/19/10 07:54 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

I bought this car about a week after the transmission in my 93 Mustang went out and I haven't had too many problems out of it. It gets great mileage (about 38-40 highway and 30-32 city), it's reliable, cheap and easy to maintain and fix, and you can always find parts if you need them. After several months of driving it and putting miles on it (I bought it with 170,000 and now have 184,000) I've had to do some work on it. I replaced the entire exhaust system, new head gasket, water pump, fuel filter and pump, and tires of course. I need to get a tune up and some new CV joints, but after that, it'll be a great car for school next year!

Winner of a car
By Denny on 02/20/10 13:57 PM (PST)

1991 Honda Accord LX 4dr Wagon

Bought it new in 1991, Buy tires when they wear out, changed oil and filter approximately every 3K. Routine maintenance done as it need some, big failure was trans computer but found a rebuilt and changed it myself for $175.00.I think it will soon go to my grand daughter.