Make it again & I'll buy it!
By Armes on
1990 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan
I have never had a more reliable car. The first owner svcd car well, and that matters. I am sad that Honda doesn't own or prevent common problems (like an $8 O-ring hold down bracket that could have saved my oil draining and getting all over my new timing belt) until too late. Private mechs had been adding the bracket when changing the belt for yrs! I asked about common problems at my last svc, and they mentioned radiators, but wouldn't let me spend the money that day. Sure enough, it started to leak, and I have a new one. Those are the ONLY 2 major repairs I have had in 6.5 year
Favorite Features
I like the body style, roomy seats, change cup, fold down rear seat, strong paint job, comfortable steering wheel response and pep. I have driven some later models (excluding the latest years), and don't find them to be as fun or any more fun than the 1990 model.
Suggested Improvements
The turning radius on this car is totally unacceptable. It is a challenge not to touch the curb when making a U-turn, even with 2 lanes. I would not buy this model if there were one equal in all other aspects for that reason alone. I'd also like the car to ride quieter & lean less in hard curves.