1990 Honda Accord Consumer Review: almost 16 years

1990 Honda Accord - Consumer Review

LX Coupe (2.2L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

almost 16 years
By lemon lover again on

1990 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

In a previous post, I noted early problems with this car, purchased new in 1990. Since 1999, I have put a total of $1900 into it, including new $400 Michelin tires, $700 motor mounts, $95 for an an ignition problem, $150 for a transmission issue, and a couple hundred for brakes. That leaves around $350 for routine maintenance. Motor mounts were not necessary and could have chosen cheaper tires, but both make it run almost like new, and I intend to keep it around. Dealer did install all new hoses and a radiator for $125 - long story, good customer service. Test drove new Acuras, Hondas, got back in this and wondered why I was shopping. Fun on mountain roads.

It runs and runs and runs. Very sporty, comfortable. Kids pull up to me on the street and ask if I want to sell it. Just a nice simple car without a lot of extra stuff. Great paint - still shining. Quiet ride - better than some new. All accessories still work.

Still would like to get rid of automatic seatbelts, but other than that most of my other complaints seem like nothing. Only 20mpg in town now, but still great on highway 32-34mpg. #2 most stolen car in state (yep, 1990) - make it harder to steal.