Used 1990 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
honda is crap
By hateshonda on 09/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

Sigh... every time that i talk about my honda, I get a headache. I have a 1990 accord ex, and i have been fixing it almost bimonthly, because the damn thing is falling apart. The drive train is crap, the body is rusting out, and all of the sensors have succeded to fail at once. This car is way too expensive to fix, and isn't worth it anymore... my question to you is this... Anybody want to buy a an accord??

Honda all the way...
By hondanut on 08/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I bought mine used from a Honda mechanic. The previous owner got rid of it b/c it started to burn oil. The problem was the rings, but the mechanics rebuilt the engine at 156k (when i bought it). It now has >313k on it. And yes, I have had to replace a few parts( CV boots, radiator, exhaust pipes, and lastly a transmission- junkyardbuy). in a word- it takes a likin and keeps on tickin.

160,000K and still going stron
By DP Chicago on 08/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

The Honda LX Accord is a great car. Always reliable, very dependable. Only item I've had to fix is the struts. This car just won't stop... If you are looking for a realiable car, think Honda. They're not the most stylish car, but will definitely be the most durable, reliable car you'll own.

236000 miles later
By jstanton on 08/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan

Always started. Corners with the best. Over 230000 miles and still going.

No Problems
By rspill on 08/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

Solid, reliable car. Very few problems, low maintenance. Purchased new, I now have 175,000 miles on it. Replace front suspension plus expected brake and timing belt repairs.

need selling price
By xx on 08/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

have driven since 1997. Bought frm elderly coupe, no kids or smoke. perfect condition. Just had exhust system cleaned out and new fue pump. Last of metal timing belt, so never need to replace

Very much in Accord...
By Raop on 07/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

As most Accord owners will tell you, these cars keep going, and going...I've had no serious problems with it. The only costly repair was the replacement of its radio antenna. The motor that controls the retraction and upward mobility of the antenna wore down after about 9 years of constant use. Fixing that was costly. I'm tempted to see if I can keep this car another 10 years, but at the same time, I really want to get a hybrid car with double the gas mileage. It will be hard to part with my Accord, though, and I'll always have fond memories of it.

A Lemon Honda? I didn't know those exist
By lanec on 07/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Honda Accord DX 2dr Coupe

Some highlights of the last 4 years: Replaced the transmission ($3,000), engine work ($900), brake system repairs ($1300), cv axle boot ($250), cv axle boot ($250), cv axle boot ($250), ANOTHER cv axle boot ($250), AAARRRRRGGHHHH cv axle boot($250). (Yes that's number 5.) sunroof ($100).

Peaceful Easy Feeling
By grainbelt on 07/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

My 1990 Accord EX has been everything I hoped and more. As a college student needing reliable transportation, I have been very pleased with the Honda. The only repair I have made was a $9 battery terminal cable that corroded away to nothing. The body is rusting, mainly over the rear fenders where they all do. I am a demanding driver, and the Accord has been an entertaining ride for over a year. My only complaint is the lack of passing power with the A/C on.

Great Car
By MAC16 on 07/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan

Great car. Lasts a long time. We got it in 92 and i am still waiting for it to brake down so we can get a newer model. Safe, reliable. Great air- conditioning and heating system. Comfortable.