Used 1990 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

1990 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

High Mileage Honda
By Honda Lover

1990 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car in Sept 1990 right out of college. 15 years later, it still takes me on long journeys reliably. I still get over 30 miles/gallon. Yes, the mileage is correct at 440,400.

Favorite Features

It has the original engine as well as clutch. It has been the most dependable car I have owned or driven.

Suggested Improvements

Air conditioner could be colder but otherwise excellent car

Still a top 4 cylinder car
By clarkfball101

1990 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

Even in the year 2005 the 2.2L engine is still one of the best on the road. Excellent choice for a first car for a teen. Car can go from one side of the country to the other.

Favorite Features

Simplicity of repair and customizing. Very basic layout. Gauges, and thumb controls on passenger doors.

Suggested Improvements

Wet trunk, cup holders, split rear seats, radio heater position

Fantastic automobile!
By BamaFlum

1990 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

My wife bought this car brand new and I inherited it. It now has 136k and I love it! Fit and finish are top notch. We've replaced the CV boots, the clutch cylinders, rotors, and done routine maintenance to keep it going. I'm going to replace the shocks and springs next and hopefully it will take me another 136k. All three of my kids fit in the back (albeit snug!). For a car that is 15 years old, it is great. If my wife would let me and we had the money, I would drop in an JDM h22a (Prelude engine) and that would solve the power issue! Great car and highly recommended for a used car, especially for a teenager's first car.

Favorite Features

Fanatastic clutch, handling is very good, gas mileage, good torque at the low range, nice size car (not too big and not too small), reliability.

Suggested Improvements

Some interior finish elements are peelings (hey it is 15 years old!), high end power could be better (Japanese and Europeans got a better engine in their Accords), power antenna broke a long time ago, power windows are really slow, and tail lights let in water (going to replace those this month).

Oldie and goodie
By geoff

1990 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

This is the first car i've ever owned, and I am the third owner. I got it with about 124K miles on it and i've driven for about 1000 plus miles. I am very impressed, it doesn't look like a 15-year old car. I did have to replace the back brake pads, get it aligned and one of the CV joints needs replacing. However, that can wait...but this car was well-taken care of and with proper care can last another 15 years. It is a great car for a student or family on a budget and is a steal at the price of under $3000.

Favorite Features

Stereo system is pretty good sound quality, reliable as all get out, comfortable ride.

Suggested Improvements

Power lock system is fritzed, keylocks are a bit stiff, sometimes the radio goes staticky. I haven't had any problems with the aerial yet.

Best Purchase EVER!
By PMW

1990 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new and never knew it would last almost 15 years! It just died at 324,000 miles, but if I could fix it myself I would keep it! Unfortunately the repair would be more expensive than the car. I kept up all the general maintenance and no real problems. I never had to replace the clutch!! How many car manufacturers can do that?!? This car was the best investment I have ever made and would gladly do it again! I will own another Honda!!!

Favorite Features

Moonroof, power locks and windows, overall reliability

Suggested Improvements

cup holders in back, but no real complaints