Used 1990 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Make it again & I'll buy it!
By Armes

1990 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I have never had a more reliable car. The first owner svcd car well, and that matters. I am sad that Honda doesn't own or prevent common problems (like an $8 O-ring hold down bracket that could have saved my oil draining and getting all over my new timing belt) until too late. Private mechs had been adding the bracket when changing the belt for yrs! I asked about common problems at my last svc, and they mentioned radiators, but wouldn't let me spend the money that day. Sure enough, it started to leak, and I have a new one. Those are the ONLY 2 major repairs I have had in 6.5 year

I like the body style, roomy seats, change cup, fold down rear seat, strong paint job, comfortable steering wheel response and pep. I have driven some later models (excluding the latest years), and don't find them to be as fun or any more fun than the 1990 model.

The turning radius on this car is totally unacceptable. It is a challenge not to touch the curb when making a U-turn, even with 2 lanes. I would not buy this model if there were one equal in all other aspects for that reason alone. I'd also like the car to ride quieter & lean less in hard curves.

My Favorite Car
By czarbo

1990 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I have 227,000 on my Honda. It has served me well over the last few years. I have taken this car everywhere. I love the styling and the interior. I still think it is as modern and even better designed then some 2004 cars. 90% of my paint is gone but is still shows no signs of rust. This car has the unique ability to heal itself as problems that seemed to need repair - started to work again saving me much money. Truley a special car.

Sunroof, fold down rear seat, invincibility, great interior layout. Excellent visibility.

How could you improove the perfect car? Optional weightless "passenger" beer keg, 36" LCD HDTV, free supermodel companion and moneymaking machine as standard equipment would improve the car.

Old but still going
By ADS 1

1990 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

Purchased with 150000 km 7 years ago. Just passed the 304000 km mark. Repair frequency increasing over the last year, but understandable given age and mileage. The engine and transmission have not been touched beyond seal replacement. This old horse just keeps on going. I will never buy anything but a Honda product - now own 3 of them!

Reliablity

Rust issues around the rear wheel wells

My First Honda--and still loving it!
By LoveMyHonda

1990 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

My 1990 Accord is the first car I bought on my own. It's my first non-American car (had Chevrolets and Buicks). I have kept this car for longer and for more miles than all my previous cars combined- 14+ years and 155,000 miles and still running strong! I have excellent mechanics who take great care of it. We just bought an Odyssey (family growing) but I hate having to sell this very reliable Accord.

Everything is GREAT! The sun/moon roof has been fun, sometimes on long drives, my kids can look up at the sky.

Faster-working defroster (maybe I am the only one having the problem). Automatic shoulder belt was not my favorite feature, though Honda got away from that soon after I got my 1990 Accord.

Great car!!
By Jessfly57

1990 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

This car was an excellent choice for me. Being 14 years old it was very reliable and I will always drive a Honda. I have had 8 so far and will continue driving them for the reliability of the car. Thanks!!

I love the sunroof and the slide seatbelts that make sure that I do not forget to buckle up!

Easier way to get to transmission fluid check.

• SUV