1990 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
LoveMyHonda!
By Gladi B Oughtahonda on 04/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I never owned a Honda until 1991; I bought a 1990 w/15000 miles. I've never kept a car this long nor have I ever experienced such reliability and worry free ownership. I keep the oil changed and everything maintained and today it still rides and drives great! Most would not consider my 4 dr Accord an exciting car since it is a 4 cyl/auto. However, it is exciting to save all the money in repairs and gas prices and it's excitng to be able to save for the next car while still enjoying the one you have. It's no slug on the road either: it has more pick up than many 6 cyl I've driven. I'm no pokey driver! Even the air doesn't bog it down.

Impeccable quality
By J M on 04/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I have loved my Accord. I purchased the car used in 1993 because of its reputation for reliabilty. (Anything would be a step up from a Chevy Lumina). The Honda did not disappoint. The car now has more than 261,000 miles, with the original engine, transmission, clutch. The car just keeps going and going. Regular, obsessive maintenance is important. The car may be bland, but my wallet is happy. All are surprised that the car looks and acts younger than it is. Sadly, I have decided to sell it -- I purchased a used Acura RL with 132,000 mile, half the miles of my Accord. Shall I be as lucky?!?

Reliable even if it is a little dull...
By wester on 02/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

These cars tend to have a rust problem at the front of the rear wheel wells. Power could be better, but it runs every day.

Great Car 175000 miles and still countin
By apollo1010 on 01/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan

One of the best cars I have ever bought.Great to drive. Good road holding. Goo gas mileage. Very low maintainence cost. Only the brakes hads to be changed quite frequently - used to live in the hills of WV. Will buy it again without a doubt.

Old Reliable
By Carl Schlanger on 01/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

This car is one of three Honda Accords I currently own -- 1990, 1992, and 1993. Among them, I'm nearing the 500,000 mile mark. I don't hesitate to repair or replace any part that fails because it happens so seldom and my mechanic gives me a lifetime warranty on any work he does. Transmissions are tough, engines last forever. Those assemblers in Marysville, Ohio really know what they're doing!

270K miles and still going
By Kyle G on 12/15/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

I have owned my Accord for almost 13 years. Other than an occassional electrical problem and being unable to keep the car in alignment, I was extremely pleased the first 190K miles. Since then, it has started costing me some money. I have averaged $160 a month in repairs for the last four years. Still cheaper than a new car, but more than I would have expected from a Honda. I have replaced the blower motor twice, alternator once, radiator once, mater brake cylinder twice, struts once, and CV boots numerous times. I also lost compression in one cylinder and had a valve job.

THE BEST CAR EVER OWNED
By lavenderbutterfly on 12/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I HAVE NEVER OWNED A CAR THAT WAS MORE RELIABLE THAN THE HONDA. THIS IS MY 2ND ONE AND I WOULD RECOMMEND THE 1990 MODEL OVERALL OTHERS. HONDA HAS MADE A GREAT PRODUCT. I USED TO COMMUTE 170 MILES DAILY AND NEVER DID I HAVE ANY TROUBLE. THE BRAKES HAVE BEEN CHANGED MAYBE TWICE. WHEN THE ORIGINAL ONES WERE CHANGED I WENT OVER THE TIME LIMIT AND THEY WERE REALLY STILL IN GOOD SHAPE! SHE IS ONLY NOW GIVING ME PROBLEMS BUT WHAT WOULD YOU EXPECT, SHE IS 12 YEARS OLD. THERE ARE OVER 246,000 MILES ON MY HONDA. I DON'T COMMUTE ANYMORE SO I AM UNABLE TO TELL YOU EXCEPT TO GUESTIMATE MY MILEAGE.

My Accord is NICE!
By admiralshaw on 11/13/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

The Accord is one of the most reliable cars out there! I have about 112 thousand miles on mine and it's running beautifully. Granted this gen is a little lacking in power, so I added an intake and exhaust! It runs great now with about 150 hp! I'm keeping this car as long as it runs! If yours is falling apart, you probably aren't taking care of it.

Great Car
By mackjohn on 11/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan

212000 Miles and counting. No Mojor problems. Still in great condition.

T-Bone's Car
By T-Bone75 on 10/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

My mom passed away a few years ago. We have had our 90 Accord LX Coupe since it was new. It was our famiy's car, since then I have turned 16, and now it is mine. The car is in incredible condition. The paint still shines, although it has gotten a few scratches, from yearly wear. The interior looks like it just came from the factory. When you take care of, and garage a car you can keep them very nice.