1990 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
THE BEST CAR EVER OWNED
By lavenderbutterfly on 12/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I HAVE NEVER OWNED A CAR THAT WAS MORE RELIABLE THAN THE HONDA. THIS IS MY 2ND ONE AND I WOULD RECOMMEND THE 1990 MODEL OVERALL OTHERS. HONDA HAS MADE A GREAT PRODUCT. I USED TO COMMUTE 170 MILES DAILY AND NEVER DID I HAVE ANY TROUBLE. THE BRAKES HAVE BEEN CHANGED MAYBE TWICE. WHEN THE ORIGINAL ONES WERE CHANGED I WENT OVER THE TIME LIMIT AND THEY WERE REALLY STILL IN GOOD SHAPE! SHE IS ONLY NOW GIVING ME PROBLEMS BUT WHAT WOULD YOU EXPECT, SHE IS 12 YEARS OLD. THERE ARE OVER 246,000 MILES ON MY HONDA. I DON'T COMMUTE ANYMORE SO I AM UNABLE TO TELL YOU EXCEPT TO GUESTIMATE MY MILEAGE.

My Accord is NICE!
By admiralshaw on 11/13/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

The Accord is one of the most reliable cars out there! I have about 112 thousand miles on mine and it's running beautifully. Granted this gen is a little lacking in power, so I added an intake and exhaust! It runs great now with about 150 hp! I'm keeping this car as long as it runs! If yours is falling apart, you probably aren't taking care of it.

Great Car
By mackjohn on 11/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Honda Accord Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

212000 Miles and counting. No Mojor problems. Still in great condition.

honda is crap
By hateshonda on 09/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

Sigh... every time that i talk about my honda, I get a headache. I have a 1990 accord ex, and i have been fixing it almost bimonthly, because the damn thing is falling apart. The drive train is crap, the body is rusting out, and all of the sensors have succeded to fail at once. This car is way too expensive to fix, and isn't worth it anymore... my question to you is this... Anybody want to buy a an accord??

Honda all the way...
By hondanut on 08/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I bought mine used from a Honda mechanic. The previous owner got rid of it b/c it started to burn oil. The problem was the rings, but the mechanics rebuilt the engine at 156k (when i bought it). It now has >313k on it. And yes, I have had to replace a few parts( CV boots, radiator, exhaust pipes, and lastly a transmission- junkyardbuy). in a word- it takes a likin and keeps on tickin.

160,000K and still going stron
By DP Chicago on 08/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

The Honda LX Accord is a great car. Always reliable, very dependable. Only item I've had to fix is the struts. This car just won't stop... If you are looking for a realiable car, think Honda. They're not the most stylish car, but will definitely be the most durable, reliable car you'll own.

No Problems
By rspill on 08/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Solid, reliable car. Very few problems, low maintenance. Purchased new, I now have 175,000 miles on it. Replace front suspension plus expected brake and timing belt repairs.

236000 miles later
By jstanton on 08/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Honda Accord Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

Always started. Corners with the best. Over 230000 miles and still going.

need selling price
By xx on 08/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

have driven since 1997. Bought frm elderly coupe, no kids or smoke. perfect condition. Just had exhust system cleaned out and new fue pump. Last of metal timing belt, so never need to replace

Very much in Accord...
By Raop on 07/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

As most Accord owners will tell you, these cars keep going, and going...I've had no serious problems with it. The only costly repair was the replacement of its radio antenna. The motor that controls the retraction and upward mobility of the antenna wore down after about 9 years of constant use. Fixing that was costly. I'm tempted to see if I can keep this car another 10 years, but at the same time, I really want to get a hybrid car with double the gas mileage. It will be hard to part with my Accord, though, and I'll always have fond memories of it.