Used 1990 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

1990 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

still love this car after 17 years
By Jean H

1990 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan

great car.I bought a 2007 Honda Accord yesterday and it breaks my heart to part with this car. I might keep it on the road for the winter. This car is a one owner and it still has most original parts.

ok
By ok

1990 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

i had the car for 1 year and never had trouble with it and love driving it

Favorite Features

it has low gas and it rides smooth the radio plays good 2

Suggested Improvements

needs a tune up

90 Accord EX High Miles
By New2Honda

1990 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I bought a 90 Accord EX Sedan from a private party. This has to be the most dependable car I have ever owned! It has 210,000 miles and runs like its brand new. I use this car in a 140 mile daily commute and I trust it 110%!

Favorite Features

Reliability, Quality, Reputation, MoonRoof, Comfortable Drivers seat

Suggested Improvements

Difficult to make u-turns

almost 16 years
By lemon lover again

1990 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

In a previous post, I noted early problems with this car, purchased new in 1990. Since 1999, I have put a total of $1900 into it, including new $400 Michelin tires, $700 motor mounts, $95 for an an ignition problem, $150 for a transmission issue, and a couple hundred for brakes. That leaves around $350 for routine maintenance. Motor mounts were not necessary and could have chosen cheaper tires, but both make it run almost like new, and I intend to keep it around. Dealer did install all new hoses and a radiator for $125 - long story, good customer service. Test drove new Acuras, Hondas, got back in this and wondered why I was shopping. Fun on mountain roads.

Favorite Features

It runs and runs and runs. Very sporty, comfortable. Kids pull up to me on the street and ask if I want to sell it. Just a nice simple car without a lot of extra stuff. Great paint - still shining. Quiet ride - better than some new. All accessories still work.

Suggested Improvements

Still would like to get rid of automatic seatbelts, but other than that most of my other complaints seem like nothing. Only 20mpg in town now, but still great on highway 32-34mpg. #2 most stolen car in state (yep, 1990) - make it harder to steal.

Everything should be this solid
By Brad

1990 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

Purchased 5 yrs ago with 134k miles, now at 200k. No major problems at all. My car has led a very demanding life, and granted I maintain it well, but its still amazes me how well it holds up! A true testament to Honda using quality materials. The A/C has needed recharged, brakes needed some maintanence, exhaust, and suspension bushings replaced, but these are all very normal things for almost any car over 10 yrs old. Everything that has needed attention has been a Do-it- yourself saturday job, if you enjoy doing your own work. I've never had to take it to a shop. Nearly every accessory still operates perfectly. Has NEVER failed to start, even in the dead of Ohio winter. Thanks Honda!

Favorite Features

Quality interior, pleasant exterior design that ages well. Amazingly reliable engine. LX trim level includes great options. Easy to maintain! Still feel smart driving it.

Suggested Improvements

Diagnose rear wheel well rusting in future models (I'm sure they have).