Used 1990 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 102 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

17 years and still going well.
By Gerry

1990 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I purchased this '90 Accord LX after reading Consumers Report and I am my sooo glad I did. It's the most reliable car I have ever experienced. Always ready to go hot or cold freezing weather. I always feel safe and very comfortable in the driver seat as well as other seats when my wife would drive it. I would do the required schedule maintenance which was quite reasonable and never a surprise. I said I would keep it until it dies. It refuses to die so I'll just sell it and give some one else a go with it and get a new '08 Accord this fall. The last few years all I've paid for are gas, oil change and insurance. Sad goodbye!

ALWAYS reliable. Never a surprise or failure. Fuel effiecent, comfortable seating.

Make this car in a 4 wheel drive and that runs on electric home plug-in charge battery.

16 years old and still runs near new
By Cruiser

1990 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I purchased my '90 Accord on the advice of one of the dealers mechanics. Good move on my part! After 16 years, except for usual maintenance, all I have done is had the auto transmission rebuilt ($1200)and a radiator ($250). I still get 28-32 mpg. Some of the clear coat has come loose, but the paint gets a good rating from me too. Mine was made in Japan, not USA manufactured. I don't think it makes a difference. Overall rating 9! Would I buy again? Yes (but you do get what you pay for). If you plan on keeping what you buy, this is a good deal; drive it 'til the wheels fall off. If you are going for flash and want to trade every few years, buy a Corvette.

I like the seats,I am 5'10" 180# and it works well for me.

Make the radio channel screen easier to see in the daylight

my winter beater
By jeremy bunker

1990 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

great car it's rusting out running rough but for the 1000$ I paid for it I can't complain. they are easy to work on and great on gas.

parts are pretty cheap because there are so many in junk yards

still love this car after 17 years
By Jean H

1990 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan

great car.I bought a 2007 Honda Accord yesterday and it breaks my heart to part with this car. I might keep it on the road for the winter. This car is a one owner and it still has most original parts.

ok